• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 vs. RespectTheBlade

Ah, I see. Yeah, sometimes Negrek changes rulings, but it's good that you searched it up; it's more that you were misinformed than you made a mistake.

Nah, they really should cost a little extra energy. I'll change that back.

Congratulations on becoming a referee, Totodile!

And now Spit Up costs 4% instead of 0%. That should be about it, I think.

Also thank you guys for the approval and congratulations!

I need to get better at movepools. D:

Okay. Spam electric type moves to win. If your health falls into the "Dangerous"range (15% or below), Protect.

Thunderbolt ~Shock Wave ~ Thunderbolt

Round Seven

blazheirio889 (Oo)
Wyrmal
Polychaeta (F) Magma Armor
Health: 58%
Energy: 10%
Status: Tiring. Paralyzed (severe, 25% chance of full paralysis).
Commands: Dragon Pulse x3

RespectTheBlade (xO)
DratiniDraco-Plate
Iroh (M) Shed Skin
Health: 35%
Energy: 81%
Commands: Thunderbolt ~Shock Wave ~ Thunderbolt

Staring fearfully at the Wyrmal before him, Iroh isn’t quite sure attacking her is the best idea. He isn’t exactly keen on getting hit with something like Spit Up again. Nevertheless, he summons another electric charge around his tail, and the Thunderbolt quickly shoots off to strike Polychaeta, who cringes as even more electricity courses through her body.

Polychaeta glares blearily at nothing in particular, barely sure that she can even move. Of course not all attacks require full-bodied motion; her mouth opens to release another wave of draconic energy, thrumming to her erratic heartbeat. The Dragon Pulse washes over Iroh, who hisses lightly as the attack burns against his scales. Take that! she crows, then falters as black dots start to pop up along the edges of her vision. Just stay awake a little … longer …

A thin, broad pulse of electricity sweeps over her, but she barely even registers Iroh’s Shock Wave even as it stings her hide. Determined to make this last hit count, she shakily unleashes yet another Dragon Pulse at the Dratini, pouring the last reserves of her energy into smacking him one final time. No longer able to hang onto consciousness, she lets herself fall into darkness with a little smile. Ha … take that …

Iroh, panting from getting pummeled by two vicious Dragon Pulses, can’t help but beam triumphantly as the Wyrmal’s floating body is sucked back into her Poke Ball. You fought to the bitter end, at least, he thinks, then winces as he rubs his side with his tail. He’s not sure how much more of a beating he can take.

blazheirio889 (Xo)
Wyrmal
Polychaeta (F) Magma Armor
Health: 39%
Energy: 0%
Actions: Dragon Pulse ~ Dragon Pulse

RespectTheBlade (Xo)
DratiniDraco-Plate
Iroh (M) Shed Skin
Health: 11%
Energy: 72%
Actions: Thunderbolt ~ Shock Wave

Arena Notes:
- A few boulder-sized holes are dotting the field some distance away, surrounding the entrance to a tunnel.
- There is a thick layer of rubble at the bottom of the pool, somewhat broken by the tunnel’s other entrance.
- The water in the pool has been diminished to about 2/3rds its previous amount due to the Earthquake, and has drained into the tunnel.
- Some long cracks are running across the field.
- There is a Dratini-sized crater in the side of the pool.
- Iroh is floating in the pool.

Calculations:
- Polychaeta’s health: 58% - 12% (Thunderbolt) - 7% (Shock Wave) = 39%
- Polychaeta’s energy: 10% - 5% (Dragon Pulse) - 5% (Dragon Pulse) = 0%
- Iroh’s health: 35% - 12% (Dragon Pulse) - 12% (Dragon Pulse) = 11%
- Iroh’s energy: 81% - 5% (Thunderbolt) - 4% (Shock Wave) = 72%

Other Notes:
- Polychaeta energyfainted on the second action.

Next Round:
- blazheirio889 sends out and commands
- RespectTheBlade commands

Alright. Mhalairt, finish it.

Blast away with Ice Beam until Iroh is down. If Iroh tries to dodge with Aqua Jet or Extremespeed, then wait until he's slowed down before hitting him. If there are clones by some odd witchery, just sweep Ice Beam around. If Iroh successfully uses Endure or Protect, use Calm Mind.

Ice Beam/Calm Mind x3

bye Mhalairt

Okay guess I'll be sending in Adamantite instead. Just Double-Edge because you're fresh as a newborn fossil so who cares about recoil and energy. If Iroh tries to dodge with a priority move, wait until he's slowed to hit. If there are clones, spray a Brine around. If Iroh successfully Protects or Endures, use Swords Dance.

Double-Edge/Brine/Swords Dance x3

Small side note, Iroh is now Thuban thanks to the wonders of the ASB renaming system.

So, Thuban... Yeah, there's not much we can do at this point. If we're lucky, we might be able to survive.

Start off with Thunder Wave, given you survive the first hit. Then, transition into Rest and hope the healing can counteract the double teams. Make sure you don't energy-ko yourself, and stop the healing process if your energy falls below 35%.

Thunder Wave ~ Rest ~ sleep

Round Eight

blazheirio889 (xO)
Anorith
Adamantite (M) Battle Armor
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Double-Edge/Brine/Swords Dance x3

RespectTheBlade (xO)
DratiniDraco-Plate
Thuban (M) Shed Skin
Health: 11%
Commands: Thunder Wave ~ Rest ~ sleep

Thuban, once Iroh, floats in the pool in satisfaction. Finally, he managed to defeat that … what was it again? It’s almost as if the species he just saw suddenly ceased to exist. How strange. He ponders on the situation, wondering if this is how existential crises start.

In a beam of light, a new shape emerges. Adamantite, covered in armor, scuttles onto the scene. He frowns, or at least gets as close to frowning as he can manage. What just happened here? Is that a crater in the pool? Well, it doesn’t matter. Let’s deal with this guy before we jump to any conclusions. His little legs whir in motion as he darts toward the pool. At the edge, he makes a great leap, slipping through the air before slamming into Thuban.

The Dratini wheezes as he’s sent sliding through the water, and he bumps against the pool wall before coming to a stop. Darkness creeps in at the edges of his vision, and he struggles to summon the electric energy necessary for a Thunder Wave … but after a few seconds, he lets go of consciousness, slumping in the water. At least I tried my best ...

Adamantite chitters, a little surprised that the match is suddenly over. I did it? I mean, of course I did. Obviously. His pincers click as he dog-paddles as best as he can, staying afloat as the trainers collect their prizes.

blazheirio889 (xO)
Anorith
Adamantite (M) Battle Armor
Health: 97%
Energy: 93%
Actions: Double-Edge

RespectTheBlade (xX)
DratiniDraco-Plate
Thuban (M) Shed Skin
Health: 0%
Actions: Nothing

Arena Notes:
- A few boulder-sized holes are dotting the field some distance away, surrounding the entrance to a tunnel.
- There is a thick layer of rubble at the bottom of the pool, somewhat broken by the tunnel’s other entrance.
- The water in the pool has been diminished to about 2/3rds its previous amount due to the Earthquake, and has drained into the tunnel.
- Some long cracks are running across the field.
- There is a Dratini-sized crater in the side of the pool.
- Thuban and Adamantite are floating in the pool.

Calculations:
- Adamantite’s health: 100% - 3% (recoil) = 97%
- Adamantite’s energy: 100% - 7% (Double-Edge) = 93%
- Iroh’s health: 11% - 11% (Double-Edge) = 0%
- Iroh’s energy: 72%

Other Notes:
- We did it! It took a couple years, but the battle is finished! Great job to both of you.
- I’m rusty, so if there’s any questions or concerns about anything here, let me know.

Prizes:
- blazheirio889 gets $16 and 2 Rare Candies (as compensation for the EXP Polychaeta would have earned). Adamantite gets 2 EXP/happiness.
- RespectTheBlade gets $8. Seismos gets 1 EXP/happiness; Thuban gets 2.
- I get $10.

For the record I just gave out the money for this, like with other old battles. I didn't earler because Totodile claimed her $10 in the bank so I absentmindedly assumed the other two would do the same but idk if you guys would have assumed the same thing so I just got it done before we all forgot.

Back
Top Bottom