• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your All Time 5 Favourite Movies (Oh and least favourite)

Favorites (in no particular order)
Pirates of the Caribbean I
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Star Wars: Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back
Labyrinth (Even though David Bowie is a creeper)
The Dark Knight
Plus one More! Pokemon 4ever ( I'm not sure why, it's my favorite pokemon movie, though)

Dislike:
Shrek 3 & 4 (even though I've never seen them)
The Twilight Saga (even though I've never seen it)
annd, let's see, perhaps one I've seen...
Harry Potter 5, the book was better.

Original or remake?
It seems I never saw this. =O Remake. I saw the original and honestly I didn't like it at all. At least I remember not liking it at all; I only saw it once and a long time ago at that.

The remake I loved. But I've watched it recently and I lost a good deal of my enchantment this time around; I noticed a lot more plot holes and a lot less logic than I had previously. Though, I still love Robbie <3

WIIIIILSOOOOOOOOOON ;~;
;-;

With the exception of War of the Worlds, my previous favorite and least favorite movies list still stands. HOWEVER, I have a few to add. =)

Least Favorite Movies Part Two

- King Arthur (the 2004 one, I don't know if there are others.) It just didn't really capture my attention. It wasn't a bad movie or anythinf (sorry if you liked it) but the characters just weren't really interesting to me and I got bored pretty quick.

- E.T. I saw it recently and the scene where E.T. is dying really creeped me out for some reason. And then there's the whole infamous fridge logic incident; logical flaws as big as that really turn me off from a movie or book.

- NIM'S ISLAND. This one tops everything on my least favorite movies list. There are so many improbabilities in that movie. It drives me crazy. There was never any explanation of who sends the supplies to the islands, other than that they're just sent; is her dad paying for the books that are sent to Nim? Because otherwise that's incredibly ridiculous that they'd just send her random books for free. And those lizards should not have survived being flung twenty feet into the air to scare off the tourists, at least not without injuries. There were a ton of other things that bothered me about that movie. However, I would have forgiven the movie of all its faults if, heartless as it sounds, Nim's father did not ever come back. Let's face it, it could not have been more unlikely that he survived. But he did.

...As a last parting positive note for Nim's Island, I always enjoy watching (or reading about) the relationship between a girl/woman and her attractive, adventure-loving male imaginary friend. Not sure why, I just do.

Favorite: 1. Fight Club
2. Donnie Darko
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Slumdog Millionaire
5. either The Matrix or Inception
EDIT: Blade Runner! If you can get past the god-awful voice-overs, it's an AMAZING movie. Then again, I am a sucker for thought inducing sci-fi flicks. And Harrison Ford.
Worst: Well... It's hard, because generally I try really hard to avoid movies I know I won't like. But, eh... the second Nightmare On Elm Street was pretty bad. And The Crazies. That was painful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom