• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crazy Linoone vs. Kratos Aurion

Blastoise, Raggy still has his 15% Substitute, so you might want to keep note of it somewhere so you don't accidentally forget.

Kill it with fireeeeee

Flamethrower, unless the stupid thing changes types, which then Dragon Pulse.

Flamethrower/Dragon Pulse ~ Flamethrower/Dragon Pulse ~ Flamethrower/Dragon Pulse

Finally! Now we're where I wanted to be. Okay, Ghost. I think one ice beam should break the sub; if it does, chill, and if it doesn't, remove whatever's left with charge beam. You will have taken two flamethrowers at this point. By my calculations you should be able to survive three, so I want you to wait, take the last flamethrower and then pain split. If, however, you feel like you're on the verge of fainting after the first two flamethrowers, pain split without waiting.

I don't know why you get pain split but hell if I'm going down without taking advantage of it!

Ice Beam ~ Chill/Charge Beam ~ Pain Split (move second)/Pain Split (move first)

Apologies for the double post, but I wasn't sure whether you started writing and didn't want you to miss this. Ghost should be holding an enigma berry; obviously my profile has changed since this started, but you can see where I attached the berry to it here, well before this started. At first I thought you just weren't listing it in the stats for whatever reason, but it isn't listed in my active squad, either; I was also confused about how it worked, but apparently it should have activated automatically the first time Ghost was hit with a super-effective attack. Could you maybe account for that and fix the upcoming round's beginning-of-round stats to reflect it? Alternatively, could you take it into account for the first flamethrower this round?

It does alter the end result I was anticipating for this round, but it shouldn't have been ignored. :/ I guess you could also allow us to order again if you feel it necessary/if CL wants to based on whatever you decide. (I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if we just decided to ignore it for the entire battle as well, but... I'd just like to know what happened to it, even if we end up not accounting for it at all.)

(If you did actually account for this at some point, then sorry, I missed it ><;)

Shortly before the referee waves his flags to start the round, Kratos Aurion pats her pockets, looking surprised for a moment, and then floats carefully over to the referee. She whispers something to him, showing him a few papers and such; Linoone's ears perk up in suspicion. After a bribe totally doesn't change hands, and the referee consults his rulebook, Kratos tosses a black-and-white, swirled berry with a tag still on it into the battlefield. Ghost scoops it from midair and affixes it to his NoSlipGrip ChestSpot as the referee finally sweeps his blue-and-green checkered flags to begin the round.

v
rsitem068.png
v(15%)
rasqueon-alraunne.png

Ragnarök (M)
Anger Point
Health: 67%
Energy: 55%
+2 Special Attack

~Team Aurion~
~
steel.png
porygonz.png
steel.png
rsitem142.png

Ghost in the Machine (X)
Health: 59%
Energy: 64%
+3 Special Attack
Poisoned

A chill leaks from Ghost's torn torso as it swings back around to bear down on its opponent. With his substitute leaping nervously to and from in front of him, Ragnarok bears his teeth at his floating adversary. Taking great relish in finally attacking, an ice-white burst of cold is emitted form the general area of Ghost's head. The pillar of freezing energy covers the short distance from Ghost to Raganrok at a good clip, but somehow the amalgamation of foodstuff that is the Rasqueon's Substitute manages to fling itself in front of the blast. The beam, although absorbed entirely by the pile of zombieramen, does some rather significant damage; the energy of the attack and the sheer cold pulverizes and destroys much of its mass. When the rest of it stops glowing a dragonic orange-blue, all that's left is a strangely Rasqueon-shaped piece of pork that is able to toddle around under its own power somehow.

Enraged (as always), Ragnarok shoulders aside his decimated Sub and points his muzzle in Ghost's direction, and a coiling serpent of flame rushes out of his maw to meet the Porygon Mark Z. The flames lick at it for a moment before disappearing. Ghost seems, however, oddly unfazed, as if it had had a berry that was for some reason now gone... hmm...

Sparks can be easily seen stirring in Ghost's mechanical gut as it prepares for its next attack. The sparks somehow touch up against Ghost's Restricted Power Protocol boards and glitches them, raising the values of its usually well-monitored Special Attack Equations. Soon enough, the electricity melds together into a glittery oval, which fires and elongates from Ghost's body. The attack manages to, again, be blocked by the Substitute, but the jolt of power reduces it to so much smoldering meat.

Ragnarok sniffs at the remains of his masterpiece for a moment before roaring thunderously, causing the referee to rock on his naruto. Another roar follows that one, but this time accompanied by a burst of angry purplish flame that scores a direct hit in Ghost's innards, leaving them charred and malfunctioning.

Although its pain receptors may be literally on fire, Ghost continues to hover, waiting. Ragnarok angrily brings forth another pillar of fire, which again melts Ghost's body into further disarray. In a bid to gain back its lost health, Ghost opens all Psychic communication lines, forcing its way into the hunk of tissue that other Pokémon normally have for brains. Like water equalizing between connected cups, the health of the two creatures is mixed together and then split down the middle, each taking half. Although Ghost's energy reserves whirr at the expenditure, his wounds are looking considerably better even as a pained look crosses Ragnarok's grim face.

~Team Linoone~
○○
rasqueon-alraunne.png

Ragnarök (M)
Anger Point
Health: 43%
Energy: 40%
+2 Special Attack

~Team Aurion~
steel.png
porygonz.png
steel.png

Ghost in the Machine (X)
Energy: 35%
+4 Special Attack
Burned
Poisoned
Notes:

1. The second Flamethrower burnt Ghost.

2. The Enigma Berry I was bribed to include was eaten offscreen.

3. The Sub only had two-three percent health before the Charge Beam.

Go on, Kratos. (Also, I probably messed up on this somewhere buuut I need sleep right now so sorry.)

Last edited:
Ghost should have +4 special attack, I'm pretty sure, unless I missed something.

...which makes this more difficult than it needs to be, but we must to try! Go for broke with blizzard. If the first two hit, switch to ice beam on the last action. If both blizzards miss and you're on the verge of fainting again, though, pain split again instead. If he protects or is otherwise unreachable, chill on that action instead and then try again with moar blizzrd/pain split.

Blizzard/Chill ~ Blizzard/Chill ~ Ice Beam/Pain Split/Chill

Is this what it comes down to?

Again, KILL IT WITH FIRE. Bite it on the back of the head with Fire Fang and don't let go; if you can't aim, the back of the body works fine, too, as long as it's directly behind the porygon. The porygon-z should become melty from the fire, so it shouldn't be that hard to hold on. Hopefully, you'll be able to dodge the Blizzard in that position; it should be really hard for the porygon to aim at you, now that you're directly behind it. After that, Flamethrower spam from close range, still holding on to the porygon if you can.

If you become frozen from the first Blizzard and can't move to bite the porygon, make the smallest Substitute you can. Then, Flamethrower spam; try bring your muzzle close to your frozen part while you Flamethrower spam, since the heat from the fire might melt the ice.

If, on the last action, both Blizzards had hit and you're about to die, drop everything and Endure.

ALSO, LOOPHOLE: if only one of the Blizzards hit, then old porygon-z there will have nothing to do on the last action. RNG gods, please accept my offerings of the best tea in TCoDland and fresh arena pieces.

Fire Fang(and hold on)/Substitute ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower/Endure

Crazy Linoone (XO)
[Ragnarok]
rasqueon-alraunne.png
(M) <anger point>
Energy: 40%

Kratos Aurion (XO)
[Ghost in the machine] porygonz (X)
Energy: 35%
Status: Feeling more tired but less pained. + 4 special attack, Steel typed | Burned (3% per round)

Round....something

Ghost in the machine gives off a series of beeps and its spiral eyes glow an icy blue as it prepares the strenuous attack. Its flipper like arms both flick forward and the machine unleashes a swirling torrent of ice and snow. The snarling Ragnarok’s bravado falters as he sees the impressive ice storm that Ghost has created, however, the raging blizzard lands far from its mark, much to Ghost’s disappointment. It blasts into an unoccupied patch of ramen and ends up freezing a portion of the soup solid while leaving an array of vegetables and meat coated in snow.
Ragnarok blinks in surprise at the frozen food, and the bout of good luck seems to help him regain his confidence; he snarls at Ghost and charges recklessly towards it with his vicious fangs bared. As the Rasqueon draws close, hot tongues of flame begin to spill from his open jaws, and the disappointed Ghost quickly tries to back away from the raging beast.
With an angry and rather fiery snarl, Ragnarok leaps up in a splash of soup and chomps down on the back of Ghost’s head, a spurt of fire bursting from his mouth as he bites down. Ghost utters a high-pitched and distressed sounding series of whirs and beeps as the embers scorch its steel-coated form, and it shakes about wildly in an attempt to dislodge the toothy dragon. Ragnarok utters an angry but muffled growl at the wriggling machine as he struggles to stay latched on. It isn’t particularity easy or comfortable keeping his jaws locked onto Ghost’s cold hide of solid-steel, even if it is already damaged and scorched. It would be an awful lot easier if it was all squishy and fleshy.

Ghost continues emitting the distressed whirring, and resorts to a different attempt at dislodging the fanged monster. Its swirling eyes glow a bright, icy blue again and the machine Pokémon unleashes another freezing torrent of ice and snow. It tries to make the icy gust as widespread as it can, but the sneaky dragon has latched on in a place where its annoyingly difficult to aim and the blizzard falls short if its target.
Ragnarok breathes an inward sigh of relief as more vegetables and soup get frozen, and then prepares to deal out more roasting to the unfortunate Ghost, who has resorted back to its frantic wriggling again.
Ragnarok inhales deeply then spits out another torrent of flame, further roasting the Porygon-z’s scorched body. However, the recoil from the flamethrower causes him to lose his already unsteady grip on Ghost’s head and he stumbles backward into a tangle of noodles.

Although the angry dragon monster is no longer latched onto its head, its of little comfort to the badly roasted Ghost, who appears to be on the brink of shutting down. Its eyes turn red and flash warningly, signalling that all systems are in critical condition, and its movement becomes laborious and jerky.
Cursing its horrible luck this round, Ghost resorts to drastic measures, and bravely floats nearer to the disgruntled Rasqueon, who is untangling himself from the noodles he landed in.
Ragnarok looks up as he hears Ghost's clunky approach, and grins toothily as he sees the extensive fire damage on its steely body. However, before he can administer further roastings, Ghost taps into the dragon's head with a ghostly power and links their two minds. Ragnarok's eyes widen as he feels his aches and pains steadily increase, while Ghost's armoured hide seems to magically repair itself somewhat. However, the process puts a very visible strain on the machine's energy reserves, and even while the scorch marks fade, Ghost's eyes flash warningly again and even more urgently than before. Ghost's body gives several violent twitches as it abruptly halts the process, cutting off the mind link.
Ragnarok shakes his head, feeling dizzy and weak, and glares over at Ghost, furious at it for pulling the same trick twice. To his surprise, he sees Ghost twitching uncontrollably in the air, its body emitting a series of urgent beeps that quickly grow feebler. Finally, the beeping stops altogether and Ghost lands in the noodles in a heap, all its systems completely shut down.
Ragnarok blinks a few times as Ghost is quickly recalled out of the mire of soup, then lets out a loud roar, ecstatic at his victory.

End of battle

Crazy Linoone (XO)
[Ragnarok]
rasqueon-alraunne.png
(M) <anger point>
Health: 27%
Energy: 22%

Kratos Aurion (XX)
[Ghost in the machine] porygonz (X)
Health: 27%
Energy: 0%

Battle notes

- Ghost's two blizzards missed. Really bad luck there Kratos, sorry.
- Ragnarok used extra energy to stay latched onto Ghost, which reduced blizzard's accuracy slightly, but he fell off at the end of the second action.
- Ghost was on 9% health after the first two attacks, so it opted for pain split at that point since another flamethrower would have defeated it. It was a case of either fainting from energy loss or health depletion at that point.
- I honestly had no idea I would've ended this in one post. Hopefully there are no screw ups, but point them out if you find them.

Crazy Linoone gets $16, Kratos Aurion gets $6, I get $5 and Blastoise gets $5.

Riley, Ragnarok and Ghost in the machine get two experience points while Marta gets one.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking this, Byrus. No worries about the luck; I already knew I was finished and really just wanted this over and done with. I appreciate it!

Good game, Linoone! It was fun... I think. It's been so long I honestly don't remember much about this battle now, lol. Of course you realize I can't very well take losing to one of my own fakemon lying down, so I suggest you enjoy yourself while you can and while I'm actually making an effort to evolve stuff.

Ahahaha, good game, Kratos! I know this is really late and stuff, but I honestly did not see it... Pain Split almost got me there -- it probably would have killed me if not for the RNGods. Also it's totally your own fault for making a fakemon you can't defeat hurr durr *flees*

And thank you, Bryus, for finishing up this long-due battle.

Back
Top Bottom