• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Awesome movies to Recommend

Warning:DON'T SEE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 4

Trust me you will be severely disappointed. It's even worse than the atrocious At World's End. Do yourselves a favour and just watch the first one instead...or go see Thor if it's still in the cinema......or wait until X-Men next wednesday =P

So I'm going through a Scott Pilgrim phase right now, guys! (As you can tell from my avatar.)

STEPHEN STILLS IS GAY!!!!!! :DDDDDD

Two new ones:

White Lion: A touching movie about a young man who believes it is his destiny to watch over a white lion cub he finds in Africa.

The Cove: A wonderful movie that pretty much inspires you to get off of your ass and do something about animal rights. A warning though: it is somewhat 'gruesome' and you shouldn't watch it unless you think you can deal with dying animals that are pretty much being slaughtered.

Bunny and the Bull: Just... wow. It's amazing. It's about a young man and his best friend who go out to Spain after winning a shitload of money betting on a horse race. The visuals are great, and if you are a fan of The Mighty Boosh, you'll recognize Noel Fielding, Julian Barratt, Rich Fulcher, and even the director, Paul King.

I'll squeeze in a few random ones.

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Guns: A lovely heist movie about a card sharp who screws up real bad, and now he and his friends plan to rob a local gang for the money to pay off the gambling debt. It's like a British Ocean's Eleven. I like the old feel it has, despite being from 1998 it feels like it could be at least 15 years older.

The Princess Bride: I'm pretty damn sure someone has already mentioned it, I just don't want to go through the thread again. It's damned good fun, a great take on the fairy tale with all the tropes.

Twelve Angry Men, 1957: Twelve men on a jury decide on the fate of a teenager convicted of murder. It's all about their interpersonal and some of their intrapersonal conflicts, in debating over whether or not the boy actually did it, they end up exploring a lot of each other. Great film, love the dialogue and conflicts.

One of my all time favorite American-made animated movies (other than Disney) was the ORIGINAL "The Land Before Time".

Pretty short, though, as some Sharptooth scenes had to be cut to keep the G Rating.
Don Bluth is an animation WIZARD.
The huge amount of sequels kinda killed it, though.

On a more mature note, I also enjoyed Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Then again, who didnt'?

Back
Top Bottom