• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hunting

Re: Hunting.

yes

for me that would mean not hunt on it

it's not nice if you leave bloody crow corpses on it after all

I'm sure they could care less about a couple (at the most) crow carcasses. They'd probably rather have those than crop damage.

I don't know about you, but I've never met a land owner than WANTS crows on his/her property.

i have

they are called environmentalists and they actually want to preserve the world and they think that thanks to the natural regulation mechanisms of the earth everything will even out with populations

dunno if you've ever taken a biology class but you've seen those rabbit/fox graphs right.

you know why we have plagues of rats and all sorts of animals; it's because we, humans, are fucking up the environment

Yes, sherlock, that took a while. I think we should keep the environment goddamn clean and that means not fucking shooting game "for food", which you can obtain with less crude methods these days.

Fuck, this shit makes me wish I was a vegetarian even more. I really gotta go veggie.

Ugh, there are ways to deter crows from feilds. You don't have to kill them.

And cows are one of the most useful animals. Not only do they provide food and clothing, but also great science projects~

Ohh how I love the loony left. <3

As for me, I'm thinking about eating one of those 21 geese we killed opening day.

Not eating dead animals does not a loony make.

21 geese? Who were you trying to impress? There's hunting for food (which I still don't get, by the way, since you can buy it already dead so why run the risk of causing animals non-leathal injury?) and then there's killing for fun. Either you're starving and actually need twenty one massive birds to feed your starving tribe, or you get pleasure out of slaughtering as many animals as you can.

Some might even call that loony, you know.

Non-migratory geese are both common and a menace. :( Killing a bunch of Canadian geese is not going to harm anything.

Still, killing 21 geese on one day is really freaking stupid, especially if they were migratory.

Every time I want to be a vegetarian I just imagine that humans are animals (wonder what would happen) and I wonder what would happen if we just shot 21 humans for food. I bet you'd be the first to cry out.

You see I can understand hunting for food if you were some native tribe, or if there is no meat available close by or something. But you know, that just isn't the case. I actually like meat, which is the sole reason I am not vegetarian (I'd eat like nothing on my sandwiches.)

But just killing 21 geese sounds like pure murder and animal cruelty to me. Guess I don't have the mind of a killer.

Like I mentioned before, I don't have any deep disrespect for hunting (especially population control) or eating meat, but 21 geese just sounds a little excessive.

As for me, I'm thinking about eating one of those 21 geese we killed opening day.

Why? Do you think it makes your penis larger, or something? Why on earth would you kill 21 geese?

Well, excessive hunting is said to be compensation for a few things...

Don't get me wrong, I love eatting meat as much as a blood thirsty wolf, but I'm not going to go out and kill a bunch of animals because I feel like it. Hell, the largest thing I ever killed was a snake, unless you count assisting euthanizing a large dog killing. I just continue the circle of life.

Also, buffalo are awesome. A lot of my South Dakotan friends love making people from other states believe we use buffalo for everyday use.

Every time I want to be a vegetarian I just imagine that humans are animals (wonder what would happen) and I wonder what would happen if we just shot 21 humans for food. I bet you'd be the first to cry out.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but don't use hunting humans for food as an example for 'animals', ever, because cannibalism is biologically against our nature.

As for the general issue, I really think it depends. Where I live, there's a large deer overpopulation, and until we finish getting the wolf population back, hunting is a necessary part of the ecosystem. To say otherwise is foolish and arrogant or bullheaded. I don't know everyone elses local environment, but that's what I can contribute.

++SEARCHING FOR OPINION++OPINION NOT FOUND++

Frankly, I don't give a damn either way. Habitat loss is a major force in extinction, as is overfishing and global warming. Hunting will stop soon enough on its own, and then humans as a race will have something bigger to worry about than just who shot the last deer in existence, or where all the wildebeest have gone.

Perhaps the Machines should organise a Human hunt, with mechanical hounds and such, just to see what all the fuss is about.

Back
Top Bottom