• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your favourite genre of music?

What is your favourite genre of music

• Classical

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Jazz

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Hip-hop/rap

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Folk/Indie/Hipster

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Electronica (including techno, drum 'n' bass, etc)

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Rock (classic, alternative rock)

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Punk/emo/post-hardcore

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Metal (whatever version. Nu-metal counts as rock)

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I don't give a fig about music

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters
i like everything. if i don't anything of a genre, i probably want it. if nothing else, i have more than a passing interest in hearing it.

i like punk rock, new wave, post-punk, dream pop, glam rock (new york dolls, sparks, etc... not glam metal), ambient, and experimental music best, i guess. i also love a good pop song. robyn does those best these days, i think.

Any jazz you can recommend? Thinking of looking into some myself, particularly the fusion stuff that inspired Cynic, Rush, DT etc

Well, for starters, have you heard of the Vince Guaraldi trio? They're reakky good, and so is Peggy Lee.

Right now, I would have to say pop and techno are my favorite, though I like things such as Lykkie Lee and jazz scattered about. I really listen to anything and everything.

"I don't give a fig about music" is a bit strong, but I don't really care about music in the same way lost of other people do. I don't mind much what I listen to, and I have my likes and dislikes, but it doesn't 'define' me or anything. I just like having something on in the background.

I like stuff I can sing and/or dance stupidly along to, though.

Back
Top Bottom