• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC][Open] The New Emissary

Storm Earth and Fire

Would you like to make a contract?
With Tabuu defeated by the Smashers in the World of Trophies, the plane of Subspace was, in theory, erased, it's void unable to threaten the world ever again.

However, on another plane, an unimaginably large explosion devastates a large area. In the aftermath, a stormy purple void is left. Nobody is entirely sure what is inside of it. Anyone who has entered has yet to return. Except for one. A wandering planeswalker, one of the few beings who can cross the void between worlds, Velian Kolar managed to come back, though it was a harrowing experience. More importantly, he emerged with someone else: Carl Bayer, a man from another strange, unknown plane, known poetically as 'Reality'. Soon after, the pair vanished.

Velian Kolar then tried to figure out what sort of weapon this was. However, the Smashers were scattered about the multiverse and a visit to the World of Tropies yielded little except that it was in fact, a Subspace Bomb. The pair arrived on a small, relatively unknown plane, a world that largely consisted of chilly boreal forests. Here, in a small clearing, Kolar gave Henry an important mission: Wait here. He spoke of heroes who will find their way to this plane. With their help, it was hoped, they could put a stop to whoever set off the first bomb before another one went off.

"Well why don't you do it?", Henry protested.

"I'll be several steps ahead of your band," Kolar explained, "investigating on my own. I will try and let you know what is going on periodically."

With that, the planeswalker vanished, leaving Henry with a few basic tools, a large and rather exotic blade, a strange machine, and letters, presumably with further instructions.

Meanwhile, whoever set off the Subspace Bomb is out there, recording the results, scheming, and figuring out a way to construct more to fill some sinister end.

The secret of Subspace was not gone, because there was one that still knew of it - this one was a man known as Sumeragi, a man that had been experimenting with dimensional portals when he discovered Subspace.

What he found was that Subspace had deteriorated further after Tabuu's defeat; with no way now to reopen portals to the other side, what was left of Tabuu had turned the dimension into a maelstrom of sound and fury. Sumeragi himself was almost torn apart in the chaos, but he survived, and managed to even communicate with what was left of Tabuu.

The remains of Tabuu told the story of the Subspace War, and after the tale was finished, Sumeragi began to concoct a plan. The first phase of his plan was assist Tabuu - to restore Tabuu to what he once was, though not without precautions: the first of which was that Sumeragi did not restore Tabuu's wings to their full strength, choosing instead to have them as they were during his last battle. The second was that Sumeragi planted a small portion of his will onto Tabuu in the form of a spike that was embedded in the back of Tabuu's head. Sumeragi claimed that this spike would give Tabuu strength to compensate for the lack of his wings, but in reality the spike would let Sumeragi mentally guide Tabuu through Sumeragu's plan.

The next step was to fashion a crude Subspace Bomb, part of it was made with information that Tabuu had relayed, part of it was made from Sumreagi's own knowledge of dimensional travel. This is the bomb that devastated that large area, and it had the side effect of opening new dimensional holes, allowing more beings to cross dimensions.

Not long after the explosion, Sumeragi departed Subspace, but not before giving a cryptic piece of advice to Tabuu:

"I doubt we'll ever see each other again," he said, "so bear this in mind: you must aim to gain as many allies as you can, for surely someone is working to assemble another force of beings to defeat you. As for myself, consider my assistance in these times... a gesture of generosity, one that there is no need for you to reveal to whoever joins your coalition."

With that, the mysterious man left, knowing that the seeds for his vengeance had just been sewn.

---

Welcome to The New Emissary. This is the fruit of a drawn out planning discussion, props to everyone who had input. You have either come to the taiga plane, willing to help out the planeswalker Velian Kolar and his new assistant Henry Bayer, tracking down whomever detonated the Subspace Bomb, or you find yourself in the presence of a regenerated Tabuu.

Will the world be plunged into the darkness? Or will you find a way to erase the Subspace once again?

Rules:
- Read the sticky at the top of the forum, it's the general rules.
- Don't kill Gandalf.
- Try and keep the characters in-character. If someone is a villain in their origin universe, then they should probably be a villain here.
- While you could break into in-fighting, keep that brief. It halts the progress of the roleplay and that will probably lead to it dying.
- We will visit new worlds a la Rift in the Dimensions. Said worlds will be based on whatever character people are roleplaying as. You can ask, but ultimately the order is up to me (and possibly Exo-Raikou).
- Exo-Raikou will be your guide if you are a villain.
- The current character limit is one. Based on how many people join I will increase this. Hopefully I won't have to decrease this.
- If you're confused, direct questions here or to our PM inboxes, not in the roleplay thread.

Forms:

Established Characters:

Name:
Franchise/Series:
Side: Good or bad? Hero or villain? Kolar or Tabuu? However you want to word it, make it clear.
Other: Anything you might want to add, such as variations on the character or why they might be here.

Fan Characters:

Name:
Franchise/Series:
Side: Good or bad? Hero or villain? Kolar or Tabuu? However you want to word it, make it clear.
Species:
Appearance:
Background:
Personality:
Other:

Okay here's my (constant) character:

Name: Henry Bayer
Franchise/Series: N/A, reality
Species: Human
Appearance: Henry is a scrawny guy, standing at around 6' tall. His hair is a dark blonde color and his eyes are brown. He arrived in this world dressed in a pair of long khakis, a red and black striped soccer jersey, and black sneakers over long white socks. Comes equipped with a backpack and a rough looking leather coat given to him by Velian Kolar.
Background: Henry enjoys games of all kinds. Possessing a rather average background coming out of an American suburb, he never did anything wrong nor was he exceptional at school or among social circles. The ordeal all started during a routine game of Magic the Gathering. The moment he played a Taiga for his turn, Henry found himself in a very disorienting place. Luckily, Velian Kolar was able to fish him out of there and dropped him off in, ironically, a taiga.
Personality: Normally a pleasant, but usually not terribly talkative person, these circumstances have left him very confused, but having seen what Subspace is like, he has resigned himself to this fate and, hopefully, will work towards preventing further incidents. However, he so far doesn't believe that Velian Kolar was, in fact, a planeswalker of the sort depicted in Magic the Gathering. Little does he know what is in store for him as he waits in the cold...
Other: Got tired near the end, may revise to try and improve it.

Heroes:
Qval (Qvalador)
King Dedede (I liek Squirtles)
Jace Beleren (ShinyUmbreonX3)
WX-78 (PenguinAndFriends)

Villains:
Boomer (Harvest Ty)
Cyrus (The Omniskivar)

Reservations:
Phantom
Lili

Last edited:
However, the Smashers were scattered about the multiverse, a visit to the World of Tropies yielded little except that it was in fact, a Subspace Bomb. The pair arrived on a small, relatively unknown plane, a world that largely consisted of chilly boreal forests. Here, in a small clearing, Kolar gave Henry an important mission: Wait here. He spoke of heroes who will find their way to this plane. With their help, it was hoped, they could put a stop to whoever set off the first bomb before another one went off.

that's either a comma splice or there's something missing. inclined to guess something missing, which would perhaps be mildly important.

also, passive at the end here is very strange.

"I'll be several steps ahead of your band," Kolar explained, "investigating on my own. I will try and let you know what is going on periodically."

interesting implication there.

Meanwhile, whoever set off the Subspace Bomb is out there, recording the results, scheming, and figuring out a way to construct more to fill some sinister end.

The secret of Subspace was not gone, because there was one that still knew of it - this one was a man known as Sumeragi, a man that had been experimenting with dimensional portals when he discovered Subspace.

interesting choice of name there. (very amusing to me, albeit probably ... not for reasons which would concern you at all.)

also tense strangeness ??

(this is not important.)

With that, the mysterious man left, knowing that the seeds for his vengeance had just been sewn.

sewing :DDD

(sown, surely)

So, here’s the full profile for the villainous OC:

Name: Sumeragi

Franchise/Series: Okami

Side: Tabuu

Species: Artificial Human

Appearance: Sumeragi is a tall human, with long, dirty blond hair that has several streaks of grey, and it also covers his right eye. He wears a simple dark grey shirt and pants, but over that he has red traditional samurai armor that covers his shoulders, chest, back, and upper legs, as well as dark gloves over his hands. His left eye is unique in that the pupil’s shape will change depending on which power he has active at the time; if he doesn’t have any powers active, the pupil is shaped like the Japanese character for emperor (皇). Slung over his back is a sheathed longsword that has a dark red hilt

Background: When Waka first realized that the threat of Yami still lingered in the demon Akuro, he aimed to work together with the Brush Gods to create a being that would be able to successfully destroy the demon in the event that Amaterasu’s son failed. Sumeragi was this being, and with the end goal of destroying Akuro in mind, Waka implanted knowledge in Sumeragi’s mind – particularly knowledge of how to use a sword, and knowledge of how to survive when in the wilderness. Sumeragi was given a sword that he could channel any Brush power that the gods bestowed upon him, and Waka intended for each of the gods to bestow their power towards Sumeragi. However, only eight of them had done so when Amaterasu herself reproached Waka, believing that this being would become too unstable from so much of that power being implanted, and convinced Waka to cast away this being, this prototype. Waka relented, and thus Sumeragi was exiled from the Celestial Plain, and the being Waka created to fight Akuro was a simple duplicate of himself.

All had believed that Sumeragi was not only unaware of anything that had transpired during his creation, but would also be destroyed in his exile. They were wrong on both counts – Sumeragi was aware of the world around him ever since Waka implanted knowledge into his mind, but was only able to actually move for himself when the shock of crossing dimensional walls “activated” him. Sumeragi thus knew why he’d been cast out of the Celestial Plain to begin with, and suffice to say he wasn’t happy about it. From the moment he fully comprehended this, Sumeragi vowed that he would find some way to take revenge on his creators for what he perceived as them being ashamed of him. He would, however, have to figure out just how to achieve such a goal, and the first step in doing so was to hone the powers that had been given to him. He spent about a century learning how to actually activate his powers without harming himself in some way (as his first attempt in utilizing the fire power bestowed upon him resulted in him nearly incinerating his arm off.) Once he knew how to utilize his powers, he spent another century honing them, hoping to reach the full potential of the powers given. In particular, he aimed to focus Kasugami’s Veil of Mist, which would let him to teleport if fully mastered.

One thing that Sumeragi realized during his training was that his sword was the main means through which he would have to channel most of his powers - only Guidance and Veil of Mist would be able to operate on their own without the sword as a medium. He eventually honed the powers bestowed, and took steps to exit the dimension that he’d been exiled to. He hoped that he would land back in the Celestial Plain, but instead ended up in another dimension, one that he himself was unfamiliar with. He spent years jumping between dimensions in hopes of finding the Celestial Plain, but failed to do so, only using the wrong landings as places to further practice his techniques. It was just as well, he thought after a time, for he suspected that his return would not be met with joy but rather with shame. If he were to successfully enact his vengeance against those that wronged him, it would have to be on a much larger scale than a simple attack. It would have to be something much, much more. Only recently that he ended up in Subspace, where he encountered the remnants of Tabuu, and saw there the chance to put a plan into motion.

Personality: Sumeragi treads the fine line between arrogant and cautious. Arrogant, because he believes that his power is strong enough to handle just about anything that gets thrown at him; cautious, because an instrumental part of his plan is to avoid entering a conflict of any sort with either ally or foe. In this plan of his, he aims to stay in the shadows, manipulating friend and foe alike to the end goal of success. He’s a stoic man, one that does not like to let his grudge against Waka and the other Celestials show. His arrogance in battle often becomes prevalent when he makes a show of using his techniques, even going as far as to not aim them at his enemy. This he believes intimidates the enemy, demoralizing them further.

Other: He’s going to be my “not constant” character, hence why he’s manipulating out of sight and mind. That being said, the constant character will also be a villain.

The abilities bestowed were Power Slash (enhances his sword), Guidance (allows him to subtly control via a generated crystal; currently using this on Tabuu and would have to break his control of him to use it on someone else), Inferno (fire), Blizzard (ice power), Galestorm (wind power), Thunderstorm (lightning), Rejuvenation (lets him heal/rebuild something that was broken), Veil of Mist (increases speed briefly, allows him to warp long distances, though at this point it's strictly used for dimension jumps)

Last edited:
I would've responded last night but I was tipsy and this post would've been far less pleasant.
that's either a comma splice or there's something missing. inclined to guess something missing, which would perhaps be mildly important.

also, passive at the end here is very strange.
It actually was just a comma splice, corrected. Passive voice will always haunt me... Although these sorts of mistakes are inevitable past 1 AM...
interesting choice of name there. (very amusing to me, albeit probably ... not for reasons which would concern you at all.)
Henry is one of the few Anglo names I don't mind. Bayer comes from Bayer 04 Leverkusen, the team I am managing in my current game of Football Manager.

After that point is a copypaste of what Exo-Raikou wrote, so you'll want to direct any inquiries towards him.

Name: Qval (Goes by Crimson)
Franchise/Series: The Legend of Zelda
Species: Elf
Appearance: Long, brown hair that skirts past his neck, green eyes, lots of ear piercings, has a uniform like Link's, only red.
Background: Crimson is a fairly well-respected knight in Skyloft. He is the first rider since Link to have a Crimson Loftwing, hence his red uniform and nickname. He is skilled with nearly any weapon, but is useless when needed to use magic or defend.
Personality: Very offense-based, a bit brash. He jumps to conclusions quickly, and although they are usually right, they can also be very, very wrong. Tends to say hurtful things without realizing they're hurtful.
Side: Hero

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, Storm, Earth, and Fire, if someone were to play someone like a player character from Pokémon (who have certain things canon, like Hilbert/Hilda being the Hero of Ideals/Truth, but have no canon personality or team set up), which form would you fill out?

Storm's given me permission to do acceptings and reservings, so everyone's reserved. Not sure about the ruling for your question, Squirtles, so I'll let storm answer that when he returns.

Out of curiosity, Storm, Earth, and Fire, if someone were to play someone like a player character from Pokémon (who have certain things canon, like Hilbert/Hilda being the Hero of Ideals/Truth, but have no canon personality or team set up), which form would you fill out?

What you should do in that case is take the Established character form and add whatever information (and space for it) you feel you need to define. For your case, for example, you could add in the Personality space so you can define it.

Name: Jace Beleren
Franchise/Series: Magic the Gathering
Side: Heroes
Other: Slight twists from Jace's canon story, as in the current Jace canon (Here in "Return to Ravnica" part) he's in a bind. Jace appears as he does in most images (again, previous link). He came to the plane where Henry is after scrying out both the disturbance and Kolar, wishing to try and help.

I went with a Fanchacter.

Name: Boomer

Franchise/Series: Mario(Luigi's Mansion)

Side: Evil/Tabuu/bad guys

Gender: Male(If boos had genders, do they, it's not really specified...)

Species: Boo

Appearance: Boomer is a bit larger than most Boos but otherwise, he is indistinguishable from another one.

Background: As most people know Boos gain great powers in numbers. As such King Boo would often send out scouts to increase the groups numbers. Of the few he sent out Boomer went the farthest, only to return to a shiny new mansion. Of corse he hadn't known of the recent ongoings but it only took a few hours before he pieced it all together, E-Gad had reclaimed them all, every single one.

Learning of the green cohort Luigi, he sought revenge. Sadly he knew he would not have enough power on his own. He has been assembling a force, not knowing that King Boo had freed himself. Boomer himself started to gather a force before wondering into the growing subspace. The few members of his group, Booey, Boolette, and Taboo have all gotten lost in subspace, leaving Boomer all alone

When he joins Tabuu, it becomes quite obvious, that he is fairly useless on his own, and at best is at enacting stalling tactics or spying, which ends up being his main contribution. If he were to gain more boo allies, his power could increase(I'll leave that kind of stuff to the rp leader's choice; whether to add more boo members or keep him single(Though I'm fine with him alone)

Personality: Like almost every boo, Boomer has a huge mischievous streak, loving to interfere with his enemies' inner workings, socially and with their bases. He tends to find serious people silly, and prefers to relax and chill. Ironically he is quite serious himself, at least when it comes to Luigi, E-gadd, and his Boo team.

Back
Top Bottom