• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

(Signups/Interest) SwSh Choice Pokemafia

Keldeo

Resolute
Pronoun
he, they
800px-Sword_Shield_Gym_Challenge_artwork.png

Hey everyone! I've been thinking of running a Sword/Shield themed mafia game for a while, and since Sw/Sh release in a week, I was wondering if people would be interested in a game running soon!

Like the Choice Pokemafias of old, you could pick your flavor character and your role would be themed after them. I've been thinking of 5-day Day Phases, and 2-day Night Phases, so each game cycle lasts a week. It would be either a mostly vanilla setup, or a custom setup where everyone has a role, probably depending on the game size.

Or, if we don't get enough players for mafia, we could run a Sw/Sh themed Resistance game? Haha.

Alright, Sw/Sh have been out for a couple days and it doesn't look like there's a ton of interest in this game so far. I'll put out some feelers off the forums in the next couple of days - we could play Resistance with 1 more person, Avalon with 3 more, and mafia with maybe 4-5 more.

If we don't get that many after awhile, I'll call the game off and try another time!

And we have 5! Since it’s Thanksgiving here in the US I’m going to set a start date for Resistance on next Monday, December 2, and check in with everyone who already signed up over the weekend. Any more signups until then are welcome, and if someone else wants to host I can play for a 6-person Resistance game.

Thanks for your patience, everyone, and I hope you all are enjoying Sw/Sh!

--

Since this is the first time Resistance has been run on TCoDf, here's the gameplay structure I'm thinking of:

Pregame
  • Three random players are Galarian Citizens (Resistance), who don't know each other's identities. The other two are Team Yell (Spies), who know each other's identities but can't communicate outside the thread.
  • Galarian Citizens win if three missions Succeed. Team Yell win if three missions Fail, or five sequential teams are Rejected.
  • The players are put in random order, and the first one is the first Leader.

Team Proposal Phase / Day (Wed - Sat)
  • The game thread is open for discussion.
  • At some point during this phase, the current Leader must propose a team of 2-3 players for the current mission by posting it in the game thread. (The exact number varies depending on which mission it is.) The team can include the Leader themself.
  • If someone hasn't posted in the thread by Friday, I can send a reminder about the game on Discord/Telegram, and the phase can be extended for another week if you're busy.

Voting Phase / Night (Sun - Tues)
  • The game thread is closed.
  • Every player PMs me their vote to Accept or Reject the proposed team. If a player is on the proposed team, they should also send in whether to Succeed or Fail the mission.
  • At the end of this phase, the voting on the proposed team will be posted publicly, including who voted what.
    • If the team was Rejected, the same mission passes to the next Leader.
    • If the team was Accepted, the number of Succeed and Fail actions will also be announced, but not who sent in which actions. If all the actions were Succeed, the mission is a success; otherwise, it's a failure.
  • The next player according to the pregame randomized order becomes the next Leader.
  • If all votes are received early, the game thread will open earlier than Wednesday. Day will always end on Saturday night PST (early Sunday morning in most timezones).

tl;dr: the commitment would be checking the thread at least twice a week - making at least 1 post in the thread between Wednesday and Saturday, and voting on the proposed team/sending in an action between Sunday and Tuesday. The game will last at least 3 weeks, and in the worst case about 20 weeks.

Also, this would run into Christmas so I'll probably call an extension on the phase that overlaps with Christmas Eve/Day.

--

Final player/flavor list:

1. Chemist1422 - Galarian Ponyta
2. qva - Sirfetch'd
3. Butterfree - Arctozolt
4. Stryke - Falinks
5. Panini - Galarian Meowth
6. Keldeo - Wooloo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still up for hosting, if you'd rather play than host! (Also, it hadn't occurred to me to combine the proposal votes and mission votes... that makes a lot of sense, heh.)

I'm still up for hosting, if you'd rather play than host! (Also, it hadn't occurred to me to combine the proposal votes and mission votes... that makes a lot of sense, heh.)

Sure, I'm down! You can change the timing/length of the phases if you want - what I posted was just what was convenient for me.

I guess I'll be Wooloo if playing.

I think the phase lengths should work fine. I think it might be best for me if we started a little later because I'm wrapping a few things up over the next few days; would moving the start of the game back to December 4th work for everyone?

I don't feel like playing, but could host if Keldeo and Kratos would both like to play :p

I'm not quite up to playing, either, actually, so I'd rather run it as well. Thanks for the offer, though!

Butterfree and Stryke, noted!

Back
Top Bottom