• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Art... Thread?

Mhaladie

like electricity
lulzartthreadbanner.jpg

Hooray, I can plaster my stupid wonderful pictures all over the internet for people to look at. Well... um, I guess not really "all over the internet", more like "all over this thread at TCoD", but I can say it's all over the internet if I want to.

BUT.
Welcome to my art thread. I will put pictures here. Because it is an art thread. (Oh I am so witty and clever.)

Pictures (New to old):
Edgeworth as Angel from RENT/From something that Dannichu said. I think it's pretty funny. (oh god, though, Phoenix's haaaaaair~ D: )
Phoenix and Edgeworth as Pokemon/D'aaaaaw. I have been so obsessed with PW lately and reading so much P/E fanfiction that I had to cross them over with Pokemon. Here's them, normally. I can't draw Jolteon, but Shiny Vaporeon Edgeworth is so fitting, yes?
Dannichu and Company Go to See Wicked/I know that this is a sketch, but I was really happy with it and it's doubtful that I'll color it. That's Danni irl on the left, her sister Grabby, and her friend Sarah. Drawn with photos as references, I think Sarah came out the best, or at least the most like what she actually looks like. :3
Emil/this is the genderbend of my OC, Emilia, and was originally supposed to be her but came out looking really a lot like a guy, so it's her genderbent. Stupid, quick doodle to practice with markers.
Mable and Sable (from Animal Crossing)/surskitty drew something AC-ish, so I was inspired and drew this for her. Aren't they cuuuute? I love Sable. <3
Spectre/Stupid quick doodle in blue pen. I like it, though.
Franziska von Karma/Love her. Was trying to get better at drawing people, copied her poses directly from sprites. Obviously my people-drawing skills need work, hehe.. Also, I was trying to do another picture of her on the same page but it failed epically, I may try to fix it later, but if you want to look, here. Sketch, which I like better, here.
Danni makes the Wicked OST sad/Uh yeah, this is a stupid little thing, Dannichu drew a picture of her OTP with herself, which was her and the RENT OST, and I thought it was funny. Then later, I looked at it and thought that the Wicked OST should be there as well, because she's equally fangirly of that, so... yes. This occurred. Not sure why I'm posting it but oh well.
Fear and the Trickster/This is kind of out of place in this list, it should be way near the bottom because I did it near when I actually made this art thread, so it's quite old. Unfortunately, it's also better than a lot of the more recent thing I've done so take that as you will.
Ruin Maniac Raine/(Would like to battle!) Yeah, another thing I was doing with Dannichu was that we were both going to make pokemon teams for Raine from ToS, and, er... I think neither of us finished, but this is her trainer design. I kind of like it except that I can't draw people.
Sheena/From ToS. I quite like this, actually, I think it came out quite nicely. Lineart, sketch.
Raine/Also from ToS. I was going through a ToS phase, apparently. The sketch had some promise, but really there is so much wrong with it I can barely stand to look at it. So, oh well.
Happy birthday, surskitty!/Yeah, a really quick picture of cartoon-me for surskitty's birthday. I like drawing people stuff for their birthdays but I never know what to do, especially if I don't know them that well, which I didn't at the time.
Stormityne <3's Raikou/My dA profile picture, and I look really off in it but that is ok.
Ginjivere and Emilia/Well, I called her Emily in this picture but she's really Emilia. Some of my OCs from the Ginjivere-verse, both of them are waaaaay OOC in this picture because I hadn't really developed their characters yet but hey, what can you do. Also a really quick picture.
Rito!Rukia/I was Rito-ifying a whole bunch of characters and I like Rukia, so there.
Ginjivere - Private Eye/She's not, actually. I just was looking at the noir-ish Calvin and Hobbes strips and I wanted to do something noir-ey. I really like this though.

....I'm going to finish this list later. Damn I'm lazy.
Also, if I made any stupid linking mistakes in this list (I do that a lot) please tell me about it so I don't look more stupid than I have to.

Last edited:
Whoo, Mhals, it's back~

With that said, it's time for me to actually comment on your art!

I do like the Ginjivere picture, very nice shading. It looks like one of those old detective noirs actually, which are very awesome.

Still loving the Ruin Maniac Raine drawing. XD (Though there's something funky about the right arm, it seems to be at a weird angle)

And wow, Dannichu and Company Go to See Wicked is very impressive! It looks so realistic and the details are quite good. Especially on Dannichu's shirt.

Hehe, half the pictures we've been doing recently were inspired by the other X3

I love the picture of meeee because I'm attentionwhore AND it's really awesome (I've shown Grabby and Sarah and they both think it's the best thing since sliced bread) and I still love Edgey and Nick as Pokemon because they're too cute for words and the Edgey!Angel still doesn't fail to make me fall off my chair laughing. I wouldn't worry about Phoenix's hair; your drawing of it is much better than my sorry attempts. That's the one thing Apollo has going for him; marginally easier-to-draw hair.

You should put up the team pictures because they were ever so pretty and your Pokemon pictures were generally awesome.

The picture of Mable and Sable is really cute. Especially Sable. They look just like them, except cuter.

Why thank you! <3

Yeah the people I draw ususally have something weird about them but I am working on it and I will defeat you, uh, drawings of people! Yeah that made no sense but that's ok. I really do like that one of Danni and people that I drew off a photo, and I'm thinking about doing more like that, because they are nice and everything. If anyone has pictures they want me to use or draw something off of (doesn't have to be people, could be scenery/random stuff/a room/whatever) I'd be happy to do it and maybe it'd make me better at realism and god knows I could use some getting-better-at-realism.

And I love that Mable and Sable picture, too. X3

Uh yes I will put up the rest of my pictures, but I was just kinda going backwards through my Photobucket account and I was at page 12 or something. I'll put up all my older things as well, don't worry~

I have this quick picture:
mouthofsaurons1.jpg

The Mouth of Sauron. I think I was the only person I know, when seeing the extended version of RotK, that was super super excited about this guy. He's badass. So I drew him and it's pretty much a copy of photos of him but that is ok.

I'm working on another PW picture that I actually kind of have a.. more developed idea for? I don't know, more thought went into the idea than in most of my pictures where it's just like; lulz copy/draw. But I don't know if it'll come out amazing. I'll show when I have more done.

Nuuu, I don't like hiiiim. I don't know what it is about him (I think it's the neck) that seriously freaks the hell outta me.

Don't get me wrong; your drawing is really great. It's just that the subject matter terrifies me.

Whoo for the prospect of new PW pictures~

>:D
I don't know, I just think he's SO COOL. I mean, it has everything I love about the.. uh, darker side of things I like to draw. Spikes and metal and disgusting skin and teeth and open wounds around his mouth and maybe there is something wrong with me but I love him. Uh, I see what you mean about the neck, though, it's messed up because it's actually not long and weird like it looks, that's a shirt there and it does look strange now that I'm looking at it. XD

Oh well.

I should probably, y'know, FINISH something before I post some more unfinished crap, but hey I'm too... lazy, I guess, to do that. So here's that PW picture I was talking about. It's kind of.. meh. I had this really good idea because I have this kind of fascination with Dahlia's character, and I draw a lot of parallels with Franziska. Just kind of different situations and different reactions to the same emotions make their characters so much different, but, mm... I don't know, I was trying to show their similarities through the poem or something and it works beautifully in my head, but on paper it just looks like I'm trying to look smart by putting a poem and a picture together. Blargh.

I like the poem, though. Done from memory and I checked it against the real one and I got some parts wrong but OH WELL.

Oooh, that picture is looooovely~ I like Fran's ice particularly, because ice is one of the most stupidly difficult things to draw ever. Dahlia's hair looks great, too. And I just adore the whole idea, but I've just rambled about that in a PM, so I'll let you read my thinkings about parallels and things there :3

Gorgeous poem, too.

Thanks! :D

I love that poem too, as you, uh, know. I WISH I COULD WRITE POEMS but they always are really awful. Ah well. And you know I love that idea, I've been developing it too much now, if anything.

Actually, no I haven't. It's too good to develop too much. :D

Anyway, I do have some new pictures:
fawnbeastthings1.jpg

To be quite honest, I have no idea what the hell this is. It was originally going to be me as some sort of incarnation of the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, which is why it has my hair, but then it turned out looking more like a fawn and for some reason it's reaching into a bowl of salad or something.

It's actually not salad. Maybe it's a magic plant. I would be excited if someone could come up with an explanation for this picture. If I finish this, the background is going to be grayscale-shaded, so.. yeah, I have no idea.

The other two I have are sketches. This one is of Ema Skye, who is one if my two favorite PW characters even though I don't know what she's like at all. The one on the left was totally copied off a reference, the one on the right I used a reference a little, although the pose was somewhat different and her hand is too small in that one and aaaaa. The one in the middle I did without a reference although I did have those two drawn ones right next to it, so not really.

This one... is self-explanitory if you've seen my Edgeworth!Angel picture and you've seen RENT or even just seen the video for the song I'll Cover You. Um... yes, I am so finishing this.

(If you can't read my appalling handwriting, Edgeworth is like; "Public display of affection? In song? In mismatched clothes?

...Oh this is going too far.")
Yeah, Edgeworth is pretty much the polar opposite of Angel and it makes me laugh so hard to watch that video thinking of Phoenix and Edgeworth in those parts, ahahaha. It's Dannichu's fault, it was her idea.

Last edited:
XDDD Oh, I ADORE the I'll Cover You one. Oh God, that's so perfect I could cry. Collins!Nick looks so damn happy and oh, it's amazing. Hehe X3
I demand it be finished!

Ema's lovely, too. Less funny, but still cool. Even with a ref, she's damn hard to draw with her lovely but complicated clothes D<

And the colouring on the first one is so gorgeous. It's all fluffy and shiny and great. The expression's cute, too, although its left arm bends slightly oddly in that it, uh, doesn't bend like a person's. The upper arm should be a little longer and be bent more than curved, I guess, so there's a definate elbow. I am so terrible at getting my point across DX

You know what the first one looks like? Mr. Tumnus (or whatever his name is) from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Yeah, him. It's interesting either way~

You're pretty good at humans, anyway. That picture of Danni and co. is freaking awesome! You seem to have a tendency to make them awfully thin, though... Sheena's kind of more of an ironing board than Colette in that one picture, but I like her face (and Corrine!).

Haha, I thought you'd like that I'll Cover You one, Danni. :3

I think that before I colored it, the fawn one did have an elbow on that arm, but it dissappeared when I colored it I guess. Oh well~ Thanks, though. :D

Yeah yeah, I think Mr. Tumnus is a fawn, although I might be wrong about that, but that's what I was thinking too, that it looks like him. And thank you, I've definitely, uh, improved at people, but I agree that I draw them too thin usually. :(
And I'm a lot better when I'm actually looking at a reference, like I was with the picture of Dannichu, because I always get things wrong when I don't have one, I don't, uh, have a very good understanding of how to draw people I guess, but I'm working on it~

Anyway yes, thank youuuu <3

I inked the pictures of Ema and the I'll Cover You one, although I messed up the faces in all of them, aarrrgh. I drew something else, too... I guess in Mhals Happy Fun Crossover World, Maya cosplays Dannichu:
dannicosplays1.jpg

Sorry I draw you so much, Danni, but the picture of Pearl with your rainbow socks inspired me. XD
And yeah yeah her arms are too long and her face is weird but it was a stupid quick picture, ok? Also her arms are bending in a really odd way and I have no idea what she's doing with them, but.

(Sorry about double posting, I usually try to get all my pictures from the day in one post, but I thought of this after.)

Well, I have a story for you. It's another Dannichu-inspired picture so be worried. She did a picture of Galinda and Elphaba a while back, dressed as Phoenix and Edgeworth. This is... kind of the same thing, just.. reversed. I was a little bit scarred for life drawing it, so I don't know if I can bring myself to finish and color it, although I really do need to give Phoenix green skin, so... I don't know. I'm horrified, though.

I'm going to hell for this.

...Although at least I think they look sufficiently disgusted. Well, Edgeworth does, anyway, Phoenix just looks more confused.

I honestly think I just exploded. Oh god, I love the Maya one, it's absolutely brilliant and I love it to bits, but the Wicked/PW one made me cry laughing. Oh God, it's amazing. I adore your random crossovers so damn much. With Edgey in that dress and the expressions and they look amazing and aaaah~

...Please bear my children :3

The guy on "I'll cover for you" looked just like a guy/fish named "old Greg", its this show called "The Mighty Boosh" and what happens is this guy is fishing, and what happens is that he catches this guy with a tutu on a long stockings with seaweed fro hair, but what I'm talking about is the tutu and long stockings, I guess.

Ohhh, Danni, your posts never fail to amuse me. Thank youuuu <3

He... catches a guy? Never seen the show, but what with catching people in tutus while you're fishing, it sounds pretty crazy.

And, I finished the PW/Wicked crossover one. I fear that these two are quickly becoming my crossover guinea pigs, which kind of sucks because I can't draw either of their hair.

Probably the most WTF-worthy picture I've ever drawn:
WTFcolors1.jpg

Yeah, I realized I have some really really nice colored pencils and even though they don't look a lot different, they're much more fun to color with. I don't have a lot of colors, though, which makes me sad.

Also, I hate coloring skin, which is why coloring Elphaba and PhoenixElphaba is much better/more fun than coloring regular people. And, uh, I like their expressions in this. Even though Phoenix is green, he's just kind of confused and scared or something, but Edgeworth is pissed. Poor Edgeworth, because his clothes are pink and frilly, he's always being cast as the character that his personality is least like. (Angel, Galinda...)

Still having trouble with faces and arms.

Thanks! :D

I'm looking at the PW/Wicked crossover one again and realizing that I killed Edgey's expression while coloring it, and Elphie's clothes look oddly... cool. I don't think they're supposed to look that cool, it looks like Phoenix is wearing a leather jacket or something and it's weirding me out, but oh well what can you do.

I'm kind of mad that I can't draw very cute things, so I took it out on this Pikachu and Eevee:
pikaeeveeaaas1.jpg

IF I CAN'T DRAW YOU GUYS CUTE I'M GOING TO DRAW YOU EVIL. It's cooler anyway.
Pikachu didn't come out evil enough, though, and Eevee's tail aaaaaaaaaa

Also a friend of mine on dA did that stupid little Shout it Out! meme and then I was looking at Strangy's and I felt like jumping on the bandwagon because oh, I love to talk about myself. Good luck deciphering my handwriting.
shoutoutpluss1.jpg

Yeah yeah it's not really a picture but it kind of looks cool I think and it was fun to use all my sharpies again because I haven't in forever. So I'm posting it here because I like it..

df;ohdf I didn't comment on the coloured version! o.o

It's amazing. So, so amazing. I love the expressions still, and Edgey looks so uncomfortable being pink and frilly X3
And you're right, Elphie's (Phoenix's) clothes look really cool :3

I LOVE that Pikachu. That grin is so many kinds of awesome. I really like the back foot, too, because it looks all rodentlike.
The colouring on the Eevee is wonderfully fluffy and fuzzy and I especially like the colouring around the eye. And the sticklike legs look really... abstract? I dunno, they remind me of the Dali picture with elephants with the stick-legs.

Your Shout Out! made me laugh so many times. Oh, we're far too similar. I particularly like "I tend not to finish a lot of th" and "lol untintentional Gelphie colors". Man, I want to do one of those now :3

Back
Top Bottom