• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Two Helpful Links

The first one I don't think should really be trusted. It's a really good concept but not executed well; it does show that you can describe nearly anything, but I can also see how it might be misleading so people think they should overdescribe things that don't need to be focused on.

The second link is similar. Good concept, but it gives the impression that you should never use the word 'was' or 'said.' Which is, well, a lie.

Besides, it's kind of tl;dr. And pushy. And ... boring.

So these are good and cool but people who are reading these remember to take them in small amounts! As guidelines, not rules.

Verne kind of said it. :|

The first one's kind of cool, but then again, it's not all that well-written and also "I made tea" is totally acceptable unless you want to bore your readers to death. The second one is too confusing, a bit annoying, and kind of boring. But yeah, like Verne said, they're both fine in small amounts, I guess. :0

Some parts of the telescopic text doesn't make sense. Instead of getting some information about "I", it gave me stuff about walking into the kitchen. O_o Also, some of the words in it aren't needed.

The second one doesn't mention said at all. What are you talking about?

Last edited:
The seconds links suggestions could be used in moderation. A better option would be checking out a book from your library called "101 Rules of Writing", which is very good. (The 102nd being "break the rules as you see fit").

Back
Top Bottom