• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Poképhiles

Meririn

You are now imagining the RBY Elite 4 theme.
Poképhiles

Again and again, we have been cast from our homes and into the streets. “Poképhiles,” the whispers say as they follow us, stalking us deep into our dreams. “Poképhiles.” But we’re not. We’re not degenerates, and we have names. We are simply people who have chosen to love for the mind behind the physical, and the persecution we have faced is the story of our lives.

Since the group met, these are the beings who belong to it:

Calim: A reclusive young man who alternates between being serious and light-hearted. He has tried to escape a less than virtuous past, but seems to attract trouble like sugar attracts flies.

Siyavash: A Gallade who doesn’t even try to live up to the standards of chivalry which his species is famous for. He is brash, blunt, and bad-tempered even when he’s happy.

Milanda: An extremely shy girl who is scared of the entire world. She is sometimes prone to anger, but she is generally mild, and trusts few people.

Typhlosion: A cynical Pokémon who makes it her main priority to protect Milanda from the world. She is willing to go to extreme lengths for the one she loves and is very headstrong.

Sunny: A caring boy who tends to be the voice of reason. Whereas the others have been somewhat hardened by their experiences, Sunny has retained his good will and strength of nature.

Aguro: A crafty female Alakazam who is a quick thinker and a witty conversationalist. Despite her sometimes harsh actions, she is sweet and charitable.

Ty: A mute youth who has a pessimistic view of the world and society in general. The only thing he really likes are Pokémon, and the only way he likes them is free. He sometimes allows his anger to cloud his calculating intelligence.

Gardevoir: A nameless female Pokémon who stands by Ty through his constant annoyance at her. She is selfless and giving, even to those that would hurt her, though she does tend to worry.

Amy: A teenaged girl who suffers from a major lack of self-confidence. She has a strong personality, but she seems hesitant to really step out of her comfort zone.

Jet: A somewhat stoic Lucario who is often the most level-headed of the crew. He is rational and insightful, character traits which often get their most use when he reassures Amy that she is doing the right thing.

Josh: An easygoing boy who has a history of Pokémon loving in the family. He is personable and speaks his mind, but he doesn’t talk much about himself.

Pureheart: A smart-alecky Delcatty who has a quick tongue and a sassy demeanour. She has a lot of spunk, and she can’t resist using her sharp wit on even her friends.

If you are not one of these people, please do not sign up. If you are, please repost your profiles and we will get going!

For those of you who don’t remember, we were just leaving the hotel.

Re: Poképhiles

Hooray! You re-made it!

I will try and post more from now on.

Hehe, I was wondering when this would come back ;)

Oh thank gawd I had my profile saved :3 (But now I get the chance to do Gardevoir's)

Name: Ty

Pokémon of choice: Female, Gardevoir (won’t tell Ty her name)

Appearance: Black hair, falling down around his shoulders. Often mistaken for a girl because of it. Black hoody and a pair of blue jeans. Not very strong, just an average teen. Caucasian with hints of a native background. Brown eyes. At his neck are scares that look like they’ll never fully heal.

Personality: (As a note, Ty can’t talk.) Calm and removed. Hate people, and has the tendency to give them dirty looks. He’d rather do things by himself without help, and if humans help him he won’t even acknowledged their existence. Overall, he ignores people when they talk to him until they go away. Pokémon, on the other hand, he is more genital and treats them as though they were humans. The only exception to this are the Pokémon that can talk and communicate to humans.

Background: He can’t talk, so he tells no one. Only Gardevoir tells about how he saved some Pokémon from trainers before coming here.

Mary Sue score: 16 (The test was long, but I survived)

Aaaand now Gardevoir's

Name: Unknown (Just Gardevoir for now)
Human of choice: Ty

Appearance: The normal Gardevoir. Nothing much out of the ordinary.

Personality: (C+P from what Meririn said) A nameless female Pokémon who stands by Ty through his constant annoyance at her. She is selfless and giving, even to those that would hurt her, though she does tend to worry.

Background: When she was young, she was caught by a trainer, and raised up for her whole life. She had fun with all the other Pokémon her trainer caught, and even had a romantic fling with one of them. Of course, her trainer was badly injured in a wild Pokémon battle, and quickly retired, letting all of his Pokémon go their own way. It was then that she realized how much she loved her trainer, and that she couldn’t bear to live without him. It wasn’t in a romantic way, just loyalty. Even now, she’s still looking for him. But after a month passed since her trainer had let her go, she found Ty, wondering in the forest. She gave him a teleport to another place, and ever since, clung on to him, trying to replace him with her old trainer. Unfortunately, Ty would let her speak of any other past events they shared.

Mary Sue Score: Honestly, I don’t want to go through that again >_>

Good to have you both back! Let's see if the others notice that this is up before doing anything.

Hooray! I'd repost the profile I wrote and saved long ago for Amy, but I deleted it last month. I can't wait to get going with this again!

Excellent, only three more to go before we can begin. If they haven't joined in 12 hours, I'll start anyway.

Alliniere noticed! And she's *Hankering* to get back to the roleplay.

Milanda (forgot the last name)
Purple eyes, skin so pale you can see the veins, making her very unnerving to look at, seeming as if she has some sort of ailment. Shoulder length blonde hair, burnt off to avoid recognition. Although purple eyes are sort of unique. Depressed, but strong willed. Hates it when people don't show respect to her, or anyone else. As such, she has tried (pointlessly, it seems) to show Ty that she is worth something. Milanda's past is one all too familiar, a story that seems almost to be the textbook case. Almost. In addition to being Pokesexual, they are also lesbians. This makes Calim and Siyavash's love all the more comforting to Milanda. She met the love of her life when the small pokemon hatched. They grew up together, and eventually realized their mutual love. As it was being confessed, a family intrusion ended with her being officially a "Missing person", her father in prison, and, to the best of her knowledge, her mothers death. Her romantic life has thus taken a backseat,

Typhlosion
She has taken the role of a sort of guardian to Milanda, fighting any who seem cruel. When the police destoryed their own home, she was as much responsible for the destruction, as she set fire to police cars, causing explosions. She feels guilty, afraid this will cause the police to chase after her and Milanda, all she truely wants is to find a happy place for her and her love to exist. But all she sees is hate, and wonders why it is so wrong to love. She has become cynical, hateful of the world, and, perhaps it is only her aggresive nature, but parts of her wish she could just burn everything, everyone who makes true love impossible.

Looks like most people are back - I'll start now. Also, I don't remember the name Calim was going to use, so I'm just making his faux name up.

After checking to make sure that the coast was clear, Calim carefully lead the others out into the night. It was only five thirty in the morning, but already, dawn was beginning to stretch its yellow tendrils over the sky. This was the earliest time at which the ferry ticket centre would be open. Stalking into the small depot, Calim took an appropriate amount of Siyavash's money and put it on the counter. "Six tickets, please," he ordered the sleepy woman.

"Great. What are your names? We need to check you against the criminal database," she intoned.

Calim prayed that none of their pseudonyms had commited any crimes within the last eight years.

When the computer finally beeped, signifying that none of the input names had any negative records associated with them, the haggard lady handed over a couple of tickets. "The ship leaves at ten. You have until then to get everything together... Or at least buy a shirt," she muttered.

The young man fought to contain his relief. "Do we want to get on the ship now, or look around Canalave some more?" he asked the assembled group.

Last edited:

(OOC: I remember us switching partners before. I think Ty was with Ami, but I forgot who Gardevoir was with :P)

Uh, well I guess we could look around. As long as we are with different people than our partners. Gardevoir said, looking at the one she had chosen before.

Ty rolled his eyes, making sure it was clear to everyone. I think we stay on the ship, unless we want the cops after us.

Ty, you look like a girl. They won't be looking for you.

Gardevoir, you look anorexic. Do I bring it up repeatedly?

She blushed slightly, and decided not to respond, waiting for someone else to talk.

(Do I HAVE to find my profiles? He's very summed up...)

Josh sighed.

Are you ok? Pureheart asked, Without me.

"Yes. To keep you safe, I'd do anything." Josh said.

(No, you don't need to find your profile, Flareth, that's fine)

Calim nodded. "All right, then. It might look less suspicious if we all get on board at different times, anyway. Just make sure that you get to the ferry before ten - I don't think anyone would want to leave without their partner," he said.

Siyavash turned to Milanda and folded his arms. "Well, where are we going?" he asked her telepathically.

((If anyone else remembers who was with who, please say))

"Maybe go out for food." Josh said, drooling slightly.

You sicken me sometimes, Josh-o Pureheart giggled.

((OOC: Dang, I was hoping I could find something in the google Cache >_> Nothing. Although, I do remember Gardevoir going with Sunny. I think.)

Ty's eyes quickly scanned for Jet, until he found the Lucario. In his usual body posture, he slumped over to the bi-pedal dog. Alright, I seriously thing we should go on the ship and wait for the others. I already resent being here, and the last thing I need is more old men looking at me while I look like a girl... But if you have to stay out of the ship, then whatever.

Gardevoir followed the same suit as Ty, exept with a more graceful posture. She floated next to Sunny, nodding her head at Aguro. Well, don't mind where we go. Although, I'd rather look around outside if that's okay with you.

((Jet was with Ty, but I can't remember who Amy was with.))

Jet tilted his head and scrutinized Ty. "If you don't want people looking at you, don't draw attention to yourself," he said simply, returning to scanning the almost-deserted city for danger. Amy hovered anxiously nearby, doing exactly the same thing. Finally her eyes locked onto Jet and she did something she hadn't done since she discovered the ability; she sent him her thoughts in very weak telepathy.

"Jet, I'm not sure about this. What if something goes wrong on the ship, and we get separated, and... we can't find each other again?" She shuddered involuntarily at the thought.

"Don't worry," Jet reassured her, silently so that Ty could not hear. "If we're separated, I won't be far away. Just stick with your new partner and you'll be all right."

Milanda turned to Siyavash
"I'm hungry... I think I have.." She pulled small amounts of change from her pockets "Just enough for a small lunch. Maybe we could find a burger stand or something. I haven't really eaten since the last meal at the cabin's. My mind was sort of on other things. Do you have anywhere you'd like to go?"

Typhlosion had forgotton who she was to be with, so instead, she just walked around with the main group, waiting to see who was left over, assuming that was who she was to be with. It lead to boredom, and she spent quite some time shooting paper-thin jets of fire to burn up small insects, remembering the police, and imagining the ants in the blue uniforms, with nothing but her judgement keeping them alive. 'It would feel so good to have that sort of power'.

Siyavash shrugged. "Anywhere with a salad. Why do you think my evolutionary line is so skinny? We eat like birds," he responded to Milanda.

Calim nodded to Pureheart. "What do you feel like doing? If you don't have any preferences, I think we should go get rooms side by side on the ferry," he suggested.

"I would go for some burgers, perhaps a large soda." Josh moaned in hunger.

Pureheart sighed. Her owner was always doing this.

You'll regret that soda when you have to go potty. Pureheart laughed.

It aw sthen that Sunny too realised how hungry he was. "I could eat a Rapidash," he said, turning to Aguro. "Can't you make food appear or something?"

The human-disguised Alakazam shook her head and reached into the pockets of the trousers her Psychic disguise was wearing, pulling out her two shining spoons, which she levitated into the air, bent double, stretched back to normal and finally replaced in her pockets. Sunny stared at ehr quizzically and she shrugged. "Need to practise," she told him.

"Alright, let's go!" Milanda walked with the psychic type, and even in the way she walked with him, it was clear that she saw the pokemon as she would any human. She was walking with a friend, going out to eat. A few questioning looks got sent their way, whispers she wasn't used to.
"Why isn't she keeping it in it's ball?"
"Is she one of those perverts?" Upon hearing the whispers, Milanda's whole walk changed. Now her walk suggested fear, her eyes wide, she turned to Siyavash, deep purple eyes pleading for advice on what to do. It was easy to forget that the sickly-pale girl had only been on the run for less than a few weeks, and had spent most of that time in the cabins.

Siyavash mentally sighed. Ignoring his hurt shoulder and hip, he picked Milanda up and carried her over the crowd until they were finally standing in front of a small cafe. After placing her on the ground, he opened the door for her and bowed, keeping up appearances. "Pretend you're sick and you need me to do everything for you," he instructed her telepathically, making sure that no one else could hear.

Back
Top Bottom