• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

An idea for an original series I have

Kung Fu Ferret

Yokai Of Despair
Pronoun
he/him/his
This idea I've had floating around in my head for the past few months will be inspired by the works of Rick Riordan (the author of Percy Jackson, The Kane Chronicles, etc), and involve the Mayan gods (who are extremely underrated). The real world setting will take place in San Diego, with the plot starting on the main character's tenth birthday (December 21, 2012.... AKA the end of the Mayan calendar).

I have the rest written down somewhere, but I have to find it.......

Sorry for bumping/double posting, but I have two possible titles for the first "book" of the trilogy.

I was thinking either....

The Axe of Storms (a reference to Chaac, the rain god)

or

The Legion of Bats (reference to Camazotz, the god of bats)

(I will use both of these names for different books)

Either way.... The main character is Bobby Cortez, a descendant of the serpent god himself, Kukulkan.
Bobby has to go on the Trials of Xibalba, in order to stop the Mayan apocalypse, and will meet many gods along the way, varying from Ah Muzen Cab (god of bees), to Zipacna (demon of the earth's crust).

Back
Top Bottom