• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Transgender children

It's wrong that certain clothes are specifically girls' clothes. I should be able to wear whatever the fuck I want, and since I am not a girl, none of my clothes belong to girls and they should therefore not be girls' clothes no matter what they are. Same with everything. I'm all for identifying as whatever and all, but it confuses me when people act like it's so fundamentally different.

I'm not certain what people mean by "girls' clothes"; like, do you mean dresses and skirts or just girly shirts and pants? Because girly shirts and pants are cut so that they make girls look good. Anywho...

My boyfriend put on my cousin's girly shirt and he looked damn sexy in it. XD

That post wasn't quite finished; I was going to actually make a point. I guess I absentmindedly posted it and forgot. @_@

No, I recognize that girls have different bodies and that clothes will be fitted to them; I really just mean the styles. Guys don't get skirts or dresses and shirts pretty much only* come as usual t-shirts and... boring things with buttons. And we don't get nearly as much pink, I guess, though that's becoming less true.

My point is that if a kid discovers "hey I like these clothes" and they happen to be aimed at the opposite sex, I wouldn't think it means that e's identifying in any way or... that it really means anything, especially since "a kid doesn't really even know real gender roles as presented by society". E just likes the damn clothes; they're not really gendered to em.

* (here)

EDIT: Also it should be okay for a guy with a girly body to wear clothes tailored for a girl and vice versa, I guess, though I'd think that'd follow if clothes were otherwise degendered; they'd only be labelled "girls'" or "boys'" to tell which sex's body they'd generally fit.

Last edited:
I agree. I'm sick of girl's shirts being low-cut (hint to clothing manufacturers: not all girls can pull off low-cut) and having stupid things written on them.
But all the guy's shirts, with cool/funny stuff on are huge and reach down to my knees and generally look ridiculous as anything other than sleepwear.

Really? I see a lot of girls here wearing tops with pretty patterns on them that don't show any extra skin. I don't see any with things written on them that are any good, but there are things that look nice.

Though yeah, I have no clue how easy clothes like that actually are to find, and I can see how it would be annoying from the other side; I wouldn't want to have to search to find things that wouldn't show off my cleavage/midriff that also would fit my girl-body.

Recently female clothing seems to be getting more modest actually. I see a lot of nice things. Sure they show off their figures but hey...

Yeah, usually department stores (Macy's, or Debenums (sp?) in England) sell modest women's clothing. My cousin has some very nice girl shirts that don't show off her boobs (she has those too, but that's completely on her XD).

Anywho, how I see clothing: If it fits and you feel good in it, go with it. XD

You're right; Debenhams does have some nice stuff; I don't shop there much, but my mum's sister got be a really cool rainbowy top that came with a high-cut vest-thingy you can wear underneath if the top's too revealing by itself.
I do nearly all my clothing shopping in charity shops or Primark because I have no money to speak of. I hate using Primark because it's an evil, evil company, but it sells stuff like underwear and pyjamas really cheaply.

And there are a few shops/hippie market stalls that sell really nice ty-dyed, high-cut, long-sleeved girl's tops that I love, but they tend to be quite short, so I can't wear them with low-riding trousers or else people'll see my belly o.o

All this talk of clothing makes me feel like such a girl X3

It makes me feel like clinton kelly hey what can i say this topic applies to me.

But the issue isn't clothes because clothes do not make the mind. I mean not everyone who has a beard and wears a dress is mentally female, you know, often it can be a sort of 'dude this is really freaking comfortable' reaction.

I apologize if you see any eaxtra instances of the letter a, my key is abroken.

If you're ugly, you can't do what you want.

Yep.

More like; "You won't wear what you want, because it makes you ugly."

I mean, certain clothes are "girl clothes" because they were designed for the female body: they don't fit the typical male body. The fact that people then see it as girly/tranny/gay/whatever/ for males to wear such clothes is a different matter... I mean, if I think I look girly, that's good. But if I think I look ugly, then I know I'd rather change that. What others think matter less (don't go telling me I really am cute...).

What I'm trying to say is that boys need less muscles and more curves!

More like; "You won't wear what you want, because it makes you ugly."

I mean, certain clothes are "girl clothes" because they were designed for the female body: they don't fit the typical male body. The fact that people then see it as girly/tranny/gay/whatever/ for males to wear such clothes is a different matter... I mean, if I think I look girly, that's good. But if I think I look ugly, then I know I'd rather change that. What others think matter less (don't go telling me I really am cute...).

What I'm trying to say is that boys need less muscles and more curves!

You know what, maybe you should just stop now... 'tranny,' ffs.

Back
Top Bottom