• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Experimental Shoddy Tournament

shoody hasn't been working for me today, And I've spoken to Fredie about this. He's having the same problem. We plan to battle tomarrow, hopefully it'll be fine then.

We would have battled sooner if timezones didn't suck...

Just an update for you Kratos ^w^

I haven't seen or heard from Dragon at this point, however I am planning on getting my battle done tonight or tomorrow, I'm just gonna kinda lurk around and wait for Dragon.

Also Kratos, does it matter if we battle in Smogon if we can't connect to the official server?

If that's okay, than I suggest that everyone whose Shoddy is showing only the official server at a capacity of (150/100) should:

A) Click advanced
B) Put in
Code:
shoddybattle.smogon.com
as the Server to connect to
C) Put 50000 in as the port.

This should help get the battles done quicker for everyone who is experiencing problems with Shoddy.

Is there a problem with the official server? I haven't noticed anything recently, but if you really are having some sort of problem with the official server then do what you have to, I guess. As long as it's a standard server and there are no weird mods it's fine, so Smogon or something similar will work if you really must and both parties are clear about which alternate server they're using.

I haven't noticed anything recently, but if you really are having some sort of problem with the official server then do what you have to, I guess.
Standard server likes to die a lot. So does the program itself (but at least now I know how to get rid of that stupid "refusing to launch" error!).

I like haven't been able to reach Full Metal Cookies to start our battle. Also I can't connect for some reason to the Official Shoddy Battle server too and it wouldn't list any other server on the server list.

I'm in a need for an extension... ^^;

Yes, as Oreku said he posted instructions for connecting to an alternate server while the official one is crapping out.

As for the extension, what do you mean? Have you not been able to get in touch with her at all, or are you just having trouble meeting up?

I'm at Smogon right now, as I type this.

EDIT: Well, a thunderstorm interfered with my connections earlier, so I couldn't get on. I'll have to request an extension, and if I can't, I'll drop out.

Last edited:
Yes, as Oreku said he posted instructions for connecting to an alternate server while the official one is crapping out.

As for the extension, what do you mean? Have you not been able to get in touch with her at all, or are you just having trouble meeting up?
I wasn't able to get in touch of her because she said that she was free at 9 PM (6 PM PT), but when that time came, she wasn't online.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a hold of my opponent. xC But let's hope I can before I have to leave today. Sorry if I inconvenience you in any way, guys.

I still can't connect to the Shoddy Battle Server... and it won't list any other servers on my computer. =(

I receive this error:
An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server:

Network is unreachable

I haven't seen or heard from Dragon at this point, however I am planning on getting my battle done tonight or tomorrow, I'm just gonna kinda lurk around and wait for Dragon.

Also Kratos, does it matter if we battle in Smogon if we can't connect to the official server?

If that's okay, than I suggest that everyone whose Shoddy is showing only the official server at a capacity of (150/100) should:

A) Click advanced
B) Put in
Code:
shoddybattle.smogon.com
as the Server to connect to
C) Put 50000 in as the port.

This should help get the battles done quicker for everyone who is experiencing problems with Shoddy.

You haven't been able to connect even using these instructions? It shouldn't matter if other servers "aren't showing up" because you're supposed to use this to bypass that and get directly into Smogon.

Back
Top Bottom