• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

Terry... No offense but I don't think we need to carry on this conversation, its clear what Terry thinks, theres no point trying really.

My first splice. Crit?

Celachi.png

As a first splice, it isn't too bad. However, the chin looks sharp and the shading from the face to the body needs to be sorted out. It also could do with a little more Jirachi (Eg. The streamers) But other than that, I like it.

Terry:

All in all, I like it. Very nice, looks good, etc. On the other hand, the tail isn't attached correctly; this seems to be a running problem with your splices. At about 0:47, the tail is all right, but after that, you removed the outline completely, making the tail look like some sort of tentacle. Altogether, this is a good sprite; just work on the tail thing, please.

Ooh, 9-Pokémon splice vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls4XUkexJVY
See the crit before you crit.

Hmm, well, let's see about this one.

I don't think you should have flattened out the right side of the mane. It looks really awkward. The tail looks like it's coming out from the neck, so you might want to fix that. I think the eye looks out of place as well, you might want to position it directly above the mouth or position the mouth directly below it. It seems a bit out of place. That's all.

Overall. the tail, the mane, and the eye are the things that bug me, so for me the sprite's a 2/5 right now.

All I see is one comment that says "Cool! your good 4/5" and nothing else. This person doesn't even use proper grammer. I don't see how you could pass it off as crit.

That's not the point. If you accidently erase part of the sprite, don't "fix" it by drawing a straight line of pixels, actually try to make it look good.

As for Gardecham....well, you can do better than that. The most you did was swap the arms, which look awkward in the position they are relative to Gardevoir's body, and dropped Medicham's head-thingy on to Gardevior rather than go through the effort to attach it properly to the sprite. The rest was a recolor. Not that impressive.

When spriting, you need to think about the anatomy of the sprite. Those arms don't look like they are were attached properly despite the fact that you spliced them on properly. You can't just make a few changes to the pixels, you have got to actually make some major edits sometimes to make them look good.

The reason why we tend to get mad at you is because you tend to skip around whatever help we try to give and saying to change the subject or trying to prove that your sprite is correct when its not. Now it is only a few of us left that are really trying to help, so I'm not sure what to say at this point.

EDIT: As if I couldn't drag this post out any further, there is something else I need to point, which I actually already have on your Articuno revamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k_5WIeVdA8&NR=1

You only changed the colors. You also have to change the shading. I cannot stress this enough. If you are having trouble with editing the shading, then refer to D/P sprites of the pokemon or sprites similar in style to it. Just like to point it out.

Wait, I did a splice (Manaphy/Phione) which I shade-edited. I'll upload it.
On the Articuno, I did add shades, who cares if they're barely visible?

If they're barely visible, nobody will be able to tell.

And people will still yell at you. -_-

We can't really ignore it, because it doesn't look right. I'm sorry, that's all there is to it.

You are still having issues with the shading. Just because you changed it doesn't mean it is automatically correct. You have to change it to fit the flow of the body and the rest of the shading. You are also deleting outlines where you attatch things, which is bad. It creates some strange perspective that doesn't look right.

terry your revamps really need some work... replacing colours makes them look crap...
yellowclefable.gif

this was a revamp i made the other day. notice how i actually changed the shading so it actually looked like it's platinum counterpart?
Clefable
well the sprite isn't perfect (the leg shading looks odd and i should have changed the wings) but you could at least learn frokm it
i even made a video showing how i did it...

Back
Top Bottom