• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Clover vs Viki

Zhorken

groove out!
Pronoun
they or she
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: "eventually"
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, earthmoving (earthquake etc)
Arena: White's bedroom

In a house in a town in the region of Unova, a woman welcomes any and all local battlers to her daughter's room on the second floor of her house. (Don't worry, the kid's not there; she's out somewhere on her journey. And would it kill for her to call more often?) It's a fully-furnished bedroom, including a double bed, a cute area rug, and a television complete with near-invincible Wii console.

The dimensions are a good 20' x 14' x 9', with an average-sized window set into one wall, opened for the fresh fall air. Weather effects would thus only affect the small area around the window. (Don't make it rain in her house, that's not nice. Keep it outside.)

The mom's happy to clean up afterwards as long as you don't cause permanent damage to the foundation of the house, and since it's on the second floor, if you dig, you're just going to end up on the ground floor getting sheetrock dust all over her nice chocolate chip cookies. She just baked them too, and was going to bring them up after the battle for the sweet trainers and unappreciated ref. How mean. So don't do that either.

Other: Reserved for surskitty to take and Zhorken to ref?? i feel like i am forgetting a bunch of things oh god how did this get here i am not good with computer asb

Clover's active squad:
Charmander Calibri the male Charmander <Blaze>
Poliwag Palatino the female Poliwag <Water Absorb>
Tropius Tahoma the male Tropius <Solar Power>
Sandshrew Sylfaen the female Sandshrew <Sand Veil>

daikonpan's active squad:
Cyndaquil Ikki the female Cyndaquil <Blaze>
Slowpoke Snowe the male Slowpoke <Oblivious>
Zubat Sierra the female Zubat <Inner Focus>
Cleffa Schtolteheim Reinbach III the male Cleffa <Magic Guard>
Hoppip Arshtat the female Hoppip <Chlorophyll>
Pichu Jeane the female Pichu <Static>

To start out, daikonpan sends out, then Clover sends out and issues commands, then daikonpan issues commands.

Last edited:
Re: Clover vs daikonpan

SNOWE, I CHOOSE YOU. May you have better luck than your namesake.

Okay!! First battle let's go. Lessee, slowpoke, so Cal and Sylf are right out, and Tahoma at two meters would be rather cramped in this place, so ... Go, Palatino!

'Kay, Tino, you ready? First battle, don't be nervous! Okay, let's try something sort of resembling a strategy here. First, I want you to use a mind reader to get a lock-on to that pink wad of chewed gum with a tail. I know it might be difficult, seeing as he has so little mind to read, but try.

That's 'cause next, you should use hypnosis to put the sad 'mon named Snowe right to bed, and I don't particularly care for the poor accuracy chance without some preparation. (Although I'm a novice to the Asber region, it's rarely a bad plan to send the opponent to sleep immediately in the games simulations I've played, so yeah...!!)

Okay, lastly, while you're fairly well-protected on the water side of things, slowpoke're also half-psychic... So take this opportunity while Dame-Dame Yadon is napping to boost your defenses with an amnesia. (Don't worry; no matter how much you may forget, I doubt you'll come close to the level of mental ineptitude of our Snowepoke friend. Do try to forget a move I wouldn't want to use anyway, though? Aim for ... like, dig. Or splash. Yeah.)

OK!! So, mind reader ~ hypnosis ~ amnesia! That's how you do it, right? Right.

It's okay, Snowe; no matter how much she insults you, I still love you!!

Let's start with a Safeguard, since you're better safe than sorry and -- actually, I don't see anything other than hypnosis to worry about, but hey. Safeguard. Sure, why not.

... ... ... okay, I am infinitely amused, Snowe: ZAP CANNON. If it fails, you ... waste a lot of energy, really, but COME ON IT'S ZAP CANNON AUTOMATICALLY COOL

If that hit, try a Captivate. I know you can't flirt your way out of a paper bag, but your namesake is pretty and ... I don't know how to judge attractiveness of slowpokes. Your tail is very elegant? And delicious and we all know how many people have food kinks. ... Okay, you might not, being Snowepoke, but trust me on this.

If not, Thunderwave!

Safeguard ~ Zap Cannon ~ Captivate/Thunderwave

Round One

Clover (2/2)
Palatino[Water Absorb]
Poliwag
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Pumped up for today's battle. She's gonna be Clover's first pick and she knows it.

Viki (2/2)
Snowe[Oblivious]
Slowpoke
Energy: 100%

-------------------------------------​

A cute little house like this in a cute little town like Nuvema doesn't look like the sort of place that should have its doors open for a good brawl. When the owner of the house answers the door in an apron and over mits, the trio of trainers wonder if they've got the wrong address.

But her enthusiastic grin and greeting blow away any such worries. "Hi! Come on in! I was just beginning to wonder if you'd ever show up. It's been much too quiet today—well, it's been quiet every day since White left. Oh, speaking of her, I'll show you up to her room so you can get your battle started."

She leads our heroes through a kitchen that smells of chocolate chip cookies and upstairs to a spacious bedroom which seems to take up the entire upper floor. "Have fun, you three! I've got to get back to my cookies—and you don't get any if this room isn't a proper disaster when you're done, you hear?"

Both battlers nod and grin, but the ref isn't so sure. The room is kind of empty; there isn't a lot to make a mess with. The bookshelf and wastepaper basket in the corner facing the stairs show some promise, but both teams are full of greenhorns, so they probably aren't going to be flipping any tables or TVs.

When Snowe the Slowpoke appears on Viki's side of the room, the ref's face falls even further. That doesn't look like a machine of destruction, and per really wants those cookies, dammit. But who knows! Snowe may not look like much, lying on his back and staring under the bed, but Slowpokes are creatures of mystery. Who knows what secrets of the universe he sees hidden in those dustbunnies?

Palatino the Poliwag doesn't look so impressive either, standing just shy of an entire foot tall and having no arms with which to toss anything around or punch anything over. What she lacks in limbs, however, she makes up for in spirit! As soon as she gets her bearings, she's off like a rocket, clambering under the rug, under the bed, all over Snowe, getting to know her turf. No way is she letting this jackass get the best of her. He thinks he can fool her with his dopey façade of LIES, well, he's got another think comin'. No-one slips past Pal's sharp eye, not even this cool cucumber. She's fierce, real fierce.

(Rambunctious as she is, though, the ref isn't convinced. Per quietly calls out per faithful Buneary sidekick to get started on a pillow fort while round one gets going. As long as per doesn't get in the way of the battle, it can't hurt, right?)

Eventually, depite a ref absorbed in a pillow fort and two somewhat clueless battlers, a battle does indeed manage to organize itself. Pal's first command is to read her opponent's mind, figure him out. And it's a good idea. Clover's a sharp one. Only trainer Pal could have. She marches up to Snowe, who hasn't moved a muscle, and stares him straight in the eyes. Straight past his eyes, to the depths of his mind—only way to crack such a mysterious guy, and she needs all the dirt she can get her hands on. Er, get her... well, you get the point. So she gives him her strongest, most stony mind-stare, and uncovers... absolutely nothing. Ooh, he's good, real good. He's as strong and stoned—er, stony—as her stare. She can't get anything. She leans closer and closer into the upside-down Slowpoke's face until her forehead is smushed against his nose, but no dice. Intent as she is on boring through Snowe's retinas, she has no clue at all about the mist she missed, the pale mint-green glow just visible around his edges if you don't stand too close. And she's definitely too close.

Eventually, Pal gives up on getting anything out of this tough cookie. He's apparently in no hurry to pull any fancy footwork, anyway. Seems pretty cocky to her. He's gonna regret playing it just that cool. A little switch of her stare, swapping stony stoicism for soporific swirls... Any minute now, he'll be packing his bags for Dreamland. Yep, no matter how good he is, no-one can stay awake after one of those right on the face... So then what's his deal? Has he nodded off with his eyes open? Ooh, that's some trick, put anyone on their guard... But she's onto his game. Not gonna work on her. She can tell he's out like a light.

Little does he know that that's exactly what he wants her to think. Or something along those lines. Maybe. It's a mystery. While she's distracted by his unnerving blank stare, she fails to notice the ball of electricity charging... somewhere. That's also a mystery. Nobody will know where Slowpokes emit Zap Cannons from, because he's made himself so expertly unassuming that nobody notices it charging until Palatino's warbling screech and the loud crackling noise make it impossible not to notice. Mrs White (mother of White White) even shouts "THAT'S the idea!" from downstairs. Unfortunately, though, nothing has been damaged except for Palatino and her ego, both lightly smoking.

Well, Pal thinks, so much for being onto his game. She's just going to... forget that ever happened... And conveniently, Amnesia is just what the doctor ordered. She screws up all her willpower and clears her brain as well as she can, and while she doesn't exactly reach Snowe's level of zen, she does feel pretty dense in more ways than one. But whatever trick she forgot, it doesn't matter. She remembers her flub as clearly as ever. Well, no biggie, she likes plan B anyway, now that she actually thinks about it: one-up him.

So she goes back to glaring at her opponent, not trying to read his mind, just thinking, trying to figure him out. Then, with no warning, his drops his blank stare and catches her eyes. Intrigued, she meets his gaze, and he gives her a slow, mysterious wink. Pal's heart skips a beat, and she nearly falls over. Ooh, this one's a real devil, the kind of sly bastard you loathe for being such a slick jackass but can't help but find alluring. She's caught him this time, she's got his number... He's smooth, real smooth, but she can't let it get to her. She can't let it... It's getting to her. Crap.

Well, a fight's a fight. Gotta keep on truckin', handsome enemy or no.

Clover (2/2)
Palatino[Water Absorb]
Poliwag
Health: 82%
Energy: 89%
Status: Trying to reconcile "this guy's kinda cute" with "this guy's a smarmy prick". Double-Edge forgotten; paralyzed (24% failure chance); -2 special attack, +2 special defense.

Viki (2/2)
Snowe[Oblivious]
Slowpoke
Energy: 84%
Status: ... Something's going on today... Safeguard (three more actions).

Arena Notes:
  • The pillow fort is off to a rough start because one pillow isn't really enough. Other than that, nothing. GET WITH THE PROGRAM, YOU TWO.

Notes:
  • You two get to be the first to be reffed under my actual reffing scale since I actually settled down all my rules into a scale!
  • Viki posts first this round.

2015 EDIT: 1 exp/happiness for each Pokémon; $4 for each trainer; $2 for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom