• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I think it's the best Hoenn starter line. It's fast, awesome, and you get easy access to False Swipe.
But Grovyle just sort of looks better. Sceptile's arm leaves look weird, the tail is not that interesting, the shape of the head isn't reptilian enough, and... It's like if Grovyle was a main character form Star Trek, Sceptile would be an admiral.

Sceptiiiile! <3 One of my favorite Pokémon ever, and definitely my favorite of the fully evolved Hoenn starters. Wait, scratch that, it's my favorite of all the fully evolved starters. I just love Sceptile so much.

254.png

Took care of the art :p

I'm really not all that familiar with Pokemon from Hoenn, but Sceptile looks cool.

Sceptile is easily one of my favorites. When I first evolved a Grovyle I was a bit disappointed, but I guess the R/S/E sprites don't do its badassery justice.

Sceptile is much, much worse design-wise than grovyle. Just how long is that tail? It doesn't look like it bends that easily. And those bulbs on their back? What?

I love grovyle in general, though, and sceptile's not the worst starter; I end up picking treecko every time I restart Emerald anyway. (All three are good in their own way, but for some reason I never use a mudkip.) Sceptile is fun to use, and I don't really hate them as much as I aesthetically prefer grovyle.

Sure, it's nice-looking... And from the few times I've used it, I believe its attacks are quite vicious... not sure how it could physically stand without falling over all the time though.

I lovelovelove Sceptile. Love it so much. I love Grovyle too, but I don't think you can compare their designs fairly, because Grovyle is sleek and streamlined while Sceptile is jagged and threatening.

I always choose Treecko as my starter because oh my God Sceptile. It's easily one of my favourite grass-types. Its design is cool (though a big complicated - I think it could do without those bulbs on its back) and it's a great attacker, too. Fast, and it can go offensive on both sides with Swords Dance or just Specs. Despite its fragility it can subseed simply because it's so fast. I love using this guy on UU teams.

... I need a Sceptile in ASB. I think I'll go buy a Treecko right now.

You know what? Fuck it, Kyurem!

Kyurem_Formes.png

Discuss ths wonderful plot device that is causing a ruckus in that other thread.

Back when it didn't exist, I thought that a Dragon/Ice Pokémon should be beautiful, majestic and blue. Kyurem is ugly and gray, and when I looked at it after confronting the suggestion that it might be a zombie, it actually creeped me out a bit. I prefer to think of it as an ugly gray dragon with light blue armor bits.

Also, the idea of a dragon legendary trio with the Bird Trio types has finally gone official.

646Kyurem.png

Reshi-rem and Zek-rem are pretty boss, but I love the baseform, too.

It's kind of creepy in a cool way.

Kyurem's "wings" (the icy things on its back, idk if those are actually supposed to be wings) are really awkward and clunky-looking, and its pose makes it look like it's hunched over from the weight of them or something. It really bothers me for some reason. :| I think I'd like it a bit more if its "wings" weren't so odd.

As for Kyurom and Kyuram... well, I like them a little better than their base form, but I mostly agree with Derpy about them.

Well by design, I like base Kyurem the best, followed by White Kyurem. But! I like the patchwork idea of Black and White Kyurem; it seems unnatural and unbalanced, but I think that's the point. Reshiram and Zekrom are supposed to be equals, so giving one more power by fusing/splicing/whatever with Kyurem should be unsettling. Although, I think the tail fusion on both, especially Black Kyurem, look great.

Also, I like how Black Kyurem is more Zekrom-dominate on its right, while White Kyurem is Reshiram-dominate on its left. I wonder if Base!Kyurem being asymmetrical means anything.

I really like the new Kyurom the best. Kyurem scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it, because the people in the village were like "OMGS, THERE'S A MAN EATING POKEMON!" and I was kind of expecting a demon.

I guess I was half right with the whole "zombie" thing.

Kyurem's in-game sprite doesn't really do it justice. It looks pretty off, but I quite like the official art. Sure, it's hunched over so much it looks like it's about to fall over, but I think it adds a sort of predatory element to it, kind of like some sort of carnivorous dinosaur. I love its mask, but I agree that the wings are pretty odd.

Reshi-rem is awesome. The only part that really bothers me is the head, since one side is ice and the other is wispy and long and everything, so it looks really unbalanced, but otherwise, awesome. It finally cures its back problems and stands straight, which makes it look pretty regal. I especially love its arms. They're not t-rex tiny anymore, and I have a thing for blades/extra thingies at the elbows. Oh yes, and they got rid of Reshiram's crotch fur. That's very good.

Zek-rem isn't bad, per se, but I vastly prefer Reshi-rem. Zek-rem's arms are too bulky for it, so I feel like it's going to fall over. In fact, it must have some serious strength to keep upright like that. It'd probably move around better as a quadruped, but then its forelegs would be much longer than its back legs, and that poses a few problems... anyway. The fusion of the two dragons' tails is done nicely, and overall it looks like it wants to rip your head off, which is a nice plus.

All formes are awesome, though I like the fusions slightly better than the base. I can't wait to see what its "origin forme" would look like!

Back
Top Bottom