• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

How exactly do you catch that Marowak? I was always told its impossible, but there is some glitch isn't there? What is it?

You can't catch the ghost, but you can at least battle it. The glitch involves having a Pokedoll, and it's the Pokedoll itself you battle the ghost with.

I'm pretty sure that just ends up messing up your game, however.

MAROWAKMAROWAKMAROWAKYAAAY! It's the evolution of my favorite ground-type, which is also my favorite pokemon of all time, (tied with Absol), Cubone!

(Banette are perfect and I need to check this thread more often.)

Marowak! I love them. An association with ghosts without being a ghost type is nice, and their origin is worth quite a few headcanons. All in all, they're a very interesting pokemon.

:D I love Marowak so much. It's my favourite ground-type. It's so wonderfully morbid and a really interesting Pokemon overall. The design is simple and I love how the bone motif is carried through the line. After evolution, it seems like the Pokemon's grown into its skull, as it looks more like its actual head than a mask.

Even though this thing is super-slow and rather frail, I love to use it competitively. It's got the most attack, unboosted, thanks to Thick Club. I used to pass speed and attack to it with Ninjask and sweep, but that doesn't work out very well all the time. :P Maybe I'll try a Trick Room team.

Marowak is awesome, BUT IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO EXIST. The "beta" stages of the game had a 3-stage Evo for Cubone to KANGASKHAN of all things. Hence the glitch Pokémon that evolves into Kangaskhan. I am glad, however, that they DID make Marowak, because Cubone would just be a bit sad if they completely removed evolution from it. And the moves it can learn are pretty neat.

New day, new mon right?

The RNG says...
Seadra
Seadra!

I kinda like Seadra's design, certainly more than Horsea's, but its evolution is still better. I never end up using any of them though.

Seadra's kind of a strange case. It's design is pretty cool but a lot of things seem odd. Like how Horsea and Kingdra both get swift swim but Seadra has poison point for some reason. It's also one of those pokemon that get sadly overlooked.

Ehh, I suppose it has good moves... But it's a bit too spiky. Otherwise pretty much meh. Without the Dragon type, its Special Defense is so low...

Seadra, yay! I actually confirmed a while ago that Seadra is my favorite Pokémon, as it has been for a couple of years now. Not sure why I like it... probably because it's blue and aquatic, and it looks pretty.

Marowak is awesome, BUT IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO EXIST. The "beta" stages of the game had a 3-stage Evo for Cubone to KANGASKHAN of all things. Hence the glitch Pokémon that evolves into Kangaskhan. I am glad, however, that they DID make Marowak, because Cubone would just be a bit sad if they completely removed evolution from it. And the moves it can learn are pretty neat.

Marowak was supposed to be the second stage all along, I think.

As for Seadra, I'm pretty much ambivalent.

Another day already?
RNGs say Snivy is to be discussed.

Snivy
Snivy is pretty cool looking, but is a little too popular in my opinion. Smugleaf is a cool name though.

Snivy is my favorite Unova starter, and the only grass starter I've ever picked. That is all.

Snivy is kind of meh to me, but When I first tried one out in White it was a shiny starter!

I love all three first stages of the Unovan starters! Emboar, though...

Anyway. Snivy is cool; I never ended up picking them as my starter, but they weren't that annoying to train up regardless. If I ever restart my game, I'll probably try them out again.

Back
Top Bottom