• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Pokemon are good pets?

Alakazam would do all of my homework for me with that OVER 5000!!! I.Q. of it.

Alakazam presumably do not know how to write in English or any other human language. Also, I'm sure pokémon-world teachers would know the hallmarks of an essay authored by an alakazam in the same way that ours know the hallmarks of 'i stole dis off da wikerpedia' essays.

Raaaaaichuuuuuuu~
Oh Gosh, I would keep Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu in my house and I'd snuggle up with them when I slept, and play outside with them and aahhhh~

Good luck with that electric bill! omnomnomonommnonmnmonom

I'm actually kind of uncomfortable with the idea of having a 'pet' pokémon because they're, you know, sentient, but I sure would like to hang out with a furret or something! Also I have a bad feeling that I would be a crazy old Caterpie Man whose house is filled with dozens of wild caterpie and wurmple and stuff. And I would sleep on a nest of silcoon and burmy and have a whirlipede tireswing and and and um a heracross butler. :D

AND NO CAR

JUST A SCOLIPEDE

Last edited:
9000 venipedes
yep

or i'd have all my favourites since most of them are small-ish
GIANT HOUSE WITH LOADS OF POKEMON PLEASE
it'd pretty much be just like my mum's house anyway
except the animals have super powers

I'd want a Liligant for a room-mate. They're adorable, mobile, and seem pretty docile, although they are capable of defending both themselves and me when necessary. Unless it required a constant source of special fertilizer or something like that it would be similar to taking care of a plant, which I do already. Hopefully frequent water, sunny outside playtime, and general love and attention would keep it both healthy and happy.

I see Shuppet mentioned a bit.. I really like Shuppet.. But what if at some point it evolved? Every night I have to wake up and go to the bathroom it would probably pop out and scare me. Not to say a Shuppet wouldn't do that, but Shuppet are cute. It's not quite the same as a glaring zipper-mouth doll chasing after you while giggling madly. Keeping a Shuppet around, despite a constant food source, might be an issue though because they tend to prefer the houses of vengeful people. I wonder if they can phase through walls.

Maybe a Meowth too because cats and head-gold being occasionally shed.

I'd love a Manectric and Houndoom. I have ferrets in real life, so having a Furret or Linoone would work, too. Also Buizel. Espeon. Sandile.

I love pets. I love Pokemon owo

I'd say Skitty/Delcatty, Lillipup line, Furret/Linoone, Buizel/Floatzel. The last two, however, would also require a water source. These mainly because they're based off existing pets. The reason I avoid Poochyena line/Purrloin line is because the first two are viscious and the second two are thievy things. Meowth I wouldn't take because sure, it leaves gold sheddings, but at the same time... it's thievy.

Oshawott would make an interesting pet, at least as long as it doesn't evolve past Dewott. I wouldn't exactly trust the Snivy line, and the fact that the Tepig line is known for snorting fire...

Eevee, though I'd make sure that if it evolved, that it evolved to Umbreon or Espeon (Pref Umbre, I love Umbre). Everyone needs a magical fennec fox.

... I'm pretty sure all animals, or at least almost all animals, are sentient.

I meant in the sense of 'having a idea of oneself seperate from the environment and being conscious of one's own existence and thoughts'. I suppose I should have researched what it means in the scientific sense, though! I was uncomfortable with the idea of 'owning' a creature that can (presumably) feel romantic love, understand speech, have conscious thought processes, etc.

I meant in the sense of 'having a idea of oneself seperate from the environment and being conscious of one's own existence and thoughts'. I suppose I should have researched what it means in the scientific sense, though! I was uncomfortable with the idea of 'owning' a creature that can (presumably) feel romantic love, understand speech, have conscious thought processes, etc.

You mean sapient. Although I disagree with your sentiments. Even dogs understand speech, it's not that hard to understand, and romantic love is hard for many humans to understand. Animals definitely have thought processes, it's just a matter of how complex they are, and how developed they are, which probably depends on the species and individual but is near impossible to measure.

Definitely some sort of bird like a Swablu or a Pidgey. Or perhaps a Chatot so I can teach it to talk. I know my share of how to take care of birds so having one of these (or all of them!) would be fun. Also I'd love a pet bug because I can't have one in real life D:<

I would also like a Sandshrew, even if they are apparently picky eaters :/

Muk. Toxicity aside, it would be a great hugger! Also, I'd take some tips from Miror B. and keep around 4 Ludicolo. There is no such thing as a boring night when EVERY night is mambo night! And maybe a Maractus to join my Ludicolos.

Back
Top Bottom