• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I have a (likely hacked) shiny Lv 100 Gallade in my White.
I traded my Zekrom for it.
A good deal, if I say so myself.

Gallade's pretty boss; if only it had a little more speed though!

Oh well. Still freakin' awesome.

Gallade - Not crazy about this one. I mean, the concept is cool, but I don't like how they pulled it off. Also, Gallade has really weird hips. I have no idea why this bugs me so much, they just seem really awkward and dumb looking.

Torkoal ;~; I love torkoal. They're adorable. It's a shame they're so slow; I'd like to use them in ASB or in-game sometime but. Yeah. They can even EXPLODE. Torkoal :D

And gallade would be a lot better if they weren't all-male. Seriously. I guess they're okay as they are...? But um yeah it would have been awesome if they weren't restricted by that.

Personally, I like the novelty the gender differences bring, though I can see why people might dislike it. I just think it adds a cool bit of flavour.

Personally, I like the novelty the gender differences bring, though I can see why people might dislike it. I just think it adds a cool bit of flavour.

In this case I think it would have made more sense if Gardevoir was only female. In some cases it's cool, like for Miltank and Tauros, but for this it just ends up weird.

MAGIKARP​

Magikarp is the epitome of awesomeness. Within its dulls eye, where most trainers see obliviousness and unwill, lies hope. Hope of getting better, hope to finally achieve the greatest levels of spiritual growth, hope of leaping that last huge step to vengefully achieve its ultimate goal.

Magikarp is not only Magikarp. Magikarp is also a promise. The promise of long minutes, possibly hours of grinding, but also the promise of that last blue strip of experience that would make the useless, flopping-about fish into an infernal sea serpent of pure and absolute Win.

queen-rock-group-freddie-mercury-in-concert-at-st-james-park-in-newcastle-1986.jpg

EDIT: Whoops we're not at Magikarp anymore?

Uhm. Gallade is pretty nice.

Last edited:
Gallade is to the Fighting-type stereotype what Scyther is to Pinsir.

*looks at stats* High Special Defense, yay!

A Non-Grass-type that can know Leaf Blade... Interesting.

It's a blob with psychic powers morphed into a knight that fights evil, saves and marries a beautiful psychic blob princess, and it's all so romantic and awesome.

RNG says...
images

Klink!

Pretty cool in my opinion, but I personally think it should be part psychic. And I've never really thought that the abilities Plus/Minus were useful.

I thought it should have been a Steel/Electric, but oh well.

It's pretty cool, aside from the fact it's only awesome move is Gear Grind.

Klink!

I like mechanical things, and I like how geometric Klink is, so I like Klink... and I also like how the names on its line are onomatopoeia. They're not the most complicated names ever, but they sure are fun to say.

And their faces are cute.

Its final evolution has one of the names that bug me the most out of all the Pokémon.
Klink --> Klang --> Klinklang -___-

Plus, its evolutions look exactly the same, just with an added part or two. There's no redesigning at all (unless you count Klink's eyes disappearing on the lower gear when it evolves into Klang), and that really bugs me as well.

Pokémon whose names and designs are clever are the kinds I usually prefer.

Gear Grind isnot that awesome in my opinion, and it seems to be too physically oriented in general, but the abilities make it interesting. (Romantic fanfic potential, perhaps?)

The names actually sound good. Like a softly ringing bell...

Ugh, I don't like it. Pokemon has some pretty ridiculous concepts, but really? It gets it's energy from the movement of the gears? Whut?
When I first saw it I was like "Oh, a gear pokemon, that's interesting, even some potential" Buuuut of course it's evolutions were unimaginative and just added some more gears and a spiky...wheel...thingy. Seriously though I hoped that it would have some cool things going on, but now I'm just dissapointed.

I'm actually pretty fond of Klink because the names and designs of its evolutionary line are fun to laugh at. :D I love the names especially. Klink Klang Klinklang I could say them all day

It's got a ridiculously shallow movepool, which makes me sad, but it's precise enough to work. Gear Shift + Gear Grind are great, but it's terrible that its best coverage option is Return. Even Escavalier has better coverage than the Klink line and that's saying something.

Today's mon is Sandslash

Sandslash

Sandslash is pretty awesome to say the least. Though I've never found it to be that great in the games, I really like its design, and concept.

When I was younger, Sandslash was my favorite pokemon along with Typhlosion.

Back
Top Bottom