• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

Oh my dreams are so weird.

Let's see, I was at this shopping mall and a bunch of girls from my school trampled over me and I started crying and then I was in this shower cubicle which was lined with red and blue scales with my best boy friend (with our clothes on!) and he told me to be a fish so I was one. Then I was having dinner with Harry Potter's Quidditch team and suddenly Voldemort came and disarmed everyone except me because I had the cooking wand?

And another one that was ages ago and I forgot about it a bit is that I was climbing a mountain with a friend but was blocked by a fanatic with a yellow T-shirt that said I <3 mountains and he said we were going to ruin the envronment by excessive carbon dioxide and then we smashed his head with a koala and took the plane to Zimbabwe because we became wanted criminals.

Yeah.

I had this dream of a female, orange haired Pokemon trainer that lived with ghost types as a child. She traveled around Unova when she was old enough, but she was always followed by mysterious black oil. Her Pokemon team consisted of a Solosis, a Rufflet with the pilot headgear, Emolga, Yamask, and Sewaddle.

Maybe I should make that dream as a roleplay character...

When I was six I had a dream that I was a giant purple horseshoe walking on railroad tracks.

When I was in pre-K, I had this random dream where I was riding on a pair of scissors that somehow was flying in the air. And it was really hot and there were no clouds and the sun was setting. And then I flew into the sun and woke up.

When I was in pre-K, I had this random dream where I was riding on a pair of scissors that somehow was flying in the air. And it was really hot and there were no clouds and the sun was setting. And then I flew into the sun and woke up.

Was it a good dream or a bad dream? Because I can imagine it either being scary or awesome.

I has the strangest dream where everyone here was in the same room, and Music Dragon kept speaking in ye olde englishe.

I had a dream that Neil Patrick Harris was visiting my city on some sort of break/vacation/etc. and he bumped into me somewhere while I was browsing random clothing stores. He became obsessed with me and took me back to his apartment to meet his mother, then a downpour started, so he couldn't bring me home.

I had a dream in which I allowed my computer to chat with another computer that was apparently Merlin, but that made my computer turn into Glados and they sent mini-nightgaunts after me to steal my soul, so I had to check if I still had my imagination. Then I think I woke up, but was still dreaming. There was a more powerful-sounding version of this playing in the background, but those bits that are between each fourth and fifth part made me think of nightgaunts, which creeped me out, so I thought of the entity the music is supposed to be associated with to calm myself down. Later there was something about Lovecraft turning into a ghoul, which was scary as well.

It was seriously mixed up. I realize that ghouls are a bit creepy, but nightgaunts are the good guys. It's like thinking of Lord English to get the salamander consorts off my mind.

I just remembered that I had a dream the other night that was sort of weird. For background information, I've been doing a lot of shiny hunting recently with the PokeRadar.

The dream itself was pretty bland, since in it I was just playing my DS and chaining, and like always in real life, there were no shinies. I thought "Why don't I ever find any shinies?" but then went to my PC and said "No wait, I have like 50 in here that I forgot about."

I think my dreams have gotten a lot shorter and a lot less weird since I started taking sleeping pills.

Last night I had a dream that I was trying to help my sister accomplish something on her Pearl version, so I hacked my own Diamond version to get a Pokémon, and it stuffed the PC with a bunch of glitched Pokémon (for example, a level 200 Mismagius with a Gold/Silver-version-style sprite) and made my game freeze whenever I opened the PC. It was scary because I thought I'd have to throw away my Diamond because even when I reset the glitched Pokémon were still in the PC.

But then I woke up.

For some reason one of the boxes had only a Rattata in the middle.

I had a dream I was part of this satanist cult and we were performing this arcane ritual in my living room (and it was completely ridiculous but I can't remember exactly what we were doing). Then a bunch of Christians (or priests or something) attempted to barge in and ruin things, and we held them off with um, a tub of cursed butter...? I mean, we were holding it up like a cross to a vampire and they screaming and melting into a pile of blood and organs and just I what

And it was one of those dreams that was really vivid, had a super serious atmosphere, you're genuinely scared and on edge, and it's only when you wake up you realize how hilariously stupid the whole thing was. I know I've had some more scarier dreams lately, but I can't remember them. Kinda frustrating that I'd only remember the stupid one.

I feel really disappointed when I wake up and realize how dumb the dream that scared me actually was. Sometimes dreams can provide good inspiration for stories, although you can never really seem to capture the same surreal terror that you felt while having it. Although I can think of a few movies that come close to capturing that fear. (David Lynch's work for one)

whoo yeah, just rambling, ignore me.

Last edited:
I was in a (used) bookstore, looking for something to buy. I was in there a while, I think, because I was trying to hurry up and was just scanning everything. I went to the back of the store (the children's section, incidentally; the store exists IRL) and in the middle of the shelf was an Animorphs book. One that I never read, even--it was a really deep blue, like the whole cover was and the spotlight animal was too. The animal looked sort of like an anteater, but it wasn't; I think it was an alien species called Croataks or something. Or Croatians. They apparently had something to do with the Helmacrons.

In any case, I bought the book and left the store, getting on my ridiculously red bike to leave (I say "my" loosely; I don't have a red bike, but there is a really old one that technically exists at my house that I never ride). I ended up in the parking lot of my school, which had apparently teleported itself into the parking lot of the used bookstore, and I began to ride away. While doing that, I saw a bunch of Pokemon cosplayers biking together for no discernable reason--I wanted to stop and take a picture/speak with them, so I handed over my soul gem to Terezi Pyrope and asked for her to hold it until I got back. Terezi was apparently riding on the bike the whole time--apparently the bike was a tandem one and I just didn't notice her until just now. Terezi complained about having to hold the soul gem (it had runes on it that she didn't understand, and it was pink), but I couldn't take pictures with it because it was bigger than a basketball and really awkward to hold all the time. I seemed to have pulled it out of hammerspace just so I could be inconvenienced by it.

And then I woke up.

... Mai dreams of really weird crossovers.

So lately I've been having a lot of dreams...

Well I guess we all dream, but for some reason I've started to remember them. Vividly. I didn't do that before. I mean I used to dream, here and there, but it was just a short thing usually right before I woke up. I just thought it was strange.

Until the other night. I think I might have had a lucid dream. I've never done that before. Ever. I've never tried to lucid dream, but I've heard of it. I'm pretty sure that's what happened? Not sure.

But if this keeps happening I'll post for sure. Weird.

Sooo, it happened again. This one was... disturbing, and I had trouble getting back to sleep after it.

I was at my grandfather's house, and so was the rest of the family. As in like all ten of my uncles, my 40+ cousins, and other relatives. Everyone was really happy in the beginning. It was like a birthday party or something. But what I remember happened after. I realized why everyone was so happy.

My grandma was there.

Thing is, my grandmother died last October.

This was when I think I started to lucid dream, because I literally remember, in dream, thinking wtf she's dead. That's not her.

When I looked at her she just looked... wrong. First off she was walking around, which made no sense since she was bedridden for eleven years. She looked healthy, happy, and had a bit of a glow.

I knew it wasn't my grandma. Everyone else was gushing over her and having a great time with each other, saying she's back and all excited. Like she'd come back from a trip or something.

That's when I told my family, that that can't be her, she died. Everyone stopped and looked at me. Then they looked at her, and she didn't move, she was like frozen in fear. Then everyone went into the other room (dream logic reared its head here when two thirds of the family disappeared and it left only the 'heads' left. (being my dad, me, my grandfather, 5 of my uncles, and a couple cousins), leaving her in the kitchen alone. It was like we were having a family discussion on whether or not she was dead. Slowly everyone began to believe me.

This is this went on for a long time. It seriously felt like hours.

The conversation started to turn from 'is she not real' to 'what do with her?'. We decided that she must be real, after all she's here. But they agreed she should be dead. What do we do? Do we welcome her back in? Avoid her? Leave? She can't be here, but she is.

It broke my heart to look at her sitting on that stool in the kitchen looking heartbroken as her children decided her. When I saw her I saw my grandma. The loving old lady that pretty much raised me when I was little. The woman who loved people and food so much that she started a food shelf. She looked healthy and so emotionally real, but that's what made it terrible. Because I knew she wasn't real. Looking at her I kept thinking and feeling one word; wrong. It was wrong. She was wrong. This discussion was wrong. It all felt wrong.

As we talked I could see her sitting in the kitchen, her heart looked broken, and the thing is she was starting to look less real. Like before was the real her and now she slowly becoming a ghost or a dream.

I told the family, "She's wrong. She's not supposed to be here. It's time for her to go." I walked to her and stared at her, and she seriously looked terrified. "Are you real?"

"Not anymore," she basically whispered.

I stood straight. "Then you need to leave."

At that she turned into a pile of ashes.

My grandmother was cremated.

Then I woke up.

It was... disturbing. Disturbing enough for me to remember it and share it. Just so many things are... fucked up. I don't even. Just really fucking weird. When I woke up I had this overbearing feelling of guilt. It was just a dream, so why did it have an effect on me to that degree.

Weird shit.

Wow. That's so touching and sad at the same time... I wish I could have meaningful dreams like that.

What I did have though, was at a trip to the beach next year, and somehow we were in a Hunger Games match, and I was on google earth trying to simulate a volcano while dodging Azula's blue lava. Then the "day" ended and we were returned to the beachside hotel for the night of the Hunger Games. The owner offered a portion of the people with me (who happened to be my friends in school) to move off the island (suddenly) to the mainland, and I decided it would be best to do so to avoid being in the next day of the Hunger Games. Thing is, when I was about to leave, I realised the owner snuck in a bottle of wine into his house. So I jumped off from the mast or something and followed him in. Suddenly I was in a Zelda-esque dungeon and I kept on going up this staircase, through a door, down a staircase, through a door, then up a staircase, repeat. I got very scared (probably due to a previous dreams associating zombies from Harry Potter aka Inferi invading Hogwarts) and started to watch two characters (pokémon, no less) from my fanfic make out. I was even more freaked out so I left the room and found the hotel owner with a katana. I suddenly had a bow and I realised he was the temple's boss so I threw the bow at him which knocked him unconcious. Then I went into his tiny secret underground storage and got his vines out of a sideways vending machine by pulling them with bloodbending. After the first row there was more but I heard the hotel owner get up. I grabbed a pencil and used an alternate route which was full of minecraft torches to ambush him. Then I stabbed his remaining eye (somehow one of his eyes was already blind) with the pencil repeatedly and he was blinded and fainted, and I realised he was an Unsent from FFX due to his persistence of wine. Then I continued to search the wine cabinet until some soldiers came into the cupboard. I told them to send the hotel owner. The end.

It was amazing.

Had a horrible dream the other night in which I was best friends with David Tennant - who was also second in line for the throne - and one day I was waiting for the bus to work in the rain and decided, hey, since I'm so close to the royal family I could just kill some of them! I just could! So I did. I poisoned (? I think, this was a cutscene) three of his grandparents. Then David was ringing me up and explaining how he needed to go into hiding for a bit because there was obviously some nutter out to murder the royal family, and I'm like yeah that's totally crazy, let's go. So David and I and our other best friend go off on a Deathly Hallows style trip through the British countryside to hide from the murderer, and as the dream goes on I become slowly more aware that I've gone and killed three people for no reason. There's this huge long section of dream where we're all sat around and David's chatting about how awesome Catherine Tate is and I'm just CONSUMED WITH TERRIBLE GUILT.

... I'm sorry David! ;o;

Okay, I had a Star Trek dream (which I barely watch), where me and Janeway (From Voyager) were on a spaceshipp. We then meet this mysterious guy (I knew who he was in my dream, but Janeway didn't, though she has met this character in canon), who gave us both a bouquet of flowers.

Then weird stuff started to happen, like the guy disappearing as he walked down a hallway and for some reason, a train plowing through the ship (and I think I saw Abraham Lincoln's hat there too). I tried to tell Janeway that it was this guy who was making all this weird stuff happen, but she refused to believe me.

That's where the dream ended.

Back
Top Bottom