• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Game] Mega Choice Pokemafia

Some other ideas for Jack being killed early in the night:

• Prankster? (Mega Banette?)
  • Trick Room? (Slowbro, Mewtwo, Banette, Audino? and Diancie, but)
  • Sucker Punch? (Mawile, Banette, Absol?)
  • other priority? idk Sucker Punch would be a cooler role power
  • ???

idk man this is probably just pointless speculation, but it's fun anyway.

Do we even have abilities in this game?

Either way, regardless of what happened, the flavor makes me think that something that Jack did unknowingly caused his death. "Overexertion" and all. Or it could be that someone poisoned him on Night 0, and it kicked in last night? But where does that leave the mafia? Did they just not send in a kill, or had their kill blocked or something?

Maybe he mega evolved too soon or something...? Or something else to do with the fact that he went and mega evolved on the first night?

Oh hey, so I just read the flavour text more carefully and noticed the part about Jack being killed before he retired for the night. It could just be flavour, or just because of the fact that traditionally the mafia's killing action is resolved first, but it seems potentially important. It's a little weird because we had a death as normal the first night, so this doesn't seem like some sort of delayed mafia kill, and Jack's was the only death tonight, so it doesn't seem like some sort of external non-inner-circle-mafia factor either. I wonder if this would mean Jack's night action wouldn't have succeeded last night or something? (I mean, technically if he was just about to retire for the night that would be after he finished everything he had to do that night, i.e. his night action, but when has this part of mafia actually made much sense anyway...)

...since when is the mafia kill resolved first? In basically every game I've been in, Mafia kill gets last priority - if they kill the inspector, the inspector still gets the results, but dies before being able to share them. The doctor moves before the mafia. Roleblockers, bodyguards, and redirectors move before the mafia.

And honestly, I'm more interested in the part of the flavor you guys aren't talking about - "...kept documentation of his fellow citizens". Would this mean he was inspector? Or maybe Mayor?

...since when is the mafia kill resolved first? In basically every game I've been in, Mafia kill gets last priority - if they kill the inspector, the inspector still gets the results, but dies before being able to share them. The doctor moves before the mafia. Roleblockers, bodyguards, and redirectors move before the mafia.

And honestly, I'm more interested in the part of the flavor you guys aren't talking about - "...kept documentation of his fellow citizens". Would this mean he was inspector? Or maybe Mayor?

I'm talking about the typical algorithm for resolving night actions detailed here.

As for the second part, I assumed that was just talking about how he was the one who listed who had which Pokémon and tried to read into Zero Moment's death flavour.

Maybe he mega evolved too soon or something...? Or something else to do with the fact that he went and mega evolved on the first night?

Keldeo did say that she liked how Sinnoh Choice handled forms, so that means that there's definitely a hidden mechanic working against us here. Maybe once you mega evolve, you can only use your night actions a certain amount of times before you've "exhausted some internal reserve of energy", as Keldeo put it.

Or someone just killed him. That's always a more likely possibility.

Still not mega-evolved, btw. And my ability is Role Play (though I'm not quite sure how that's fitting for Absol) and I can say what that does if need be but I don't really want to atm lol

Mawile;654201Maybe once you mega evolve said:
If that were the case, then more people would be dead. Dya really think Jack would be the only one to consistently use his Mega action?

If that were the case, then more people would be dead. Dya really think Jack would be the only one to consistently use his Mega action?

Actually, that wouldn't really be so far-fetched. We were talking about how there could be a risk to this yesterday, and I think Keldeo confirmed that some roles lose their normal action after mega evolving? Or there could just be limits on certain ones or something, I dunno. I feel like this information is still too vague for us to really get anywhere.

But some roles also have the same action in their normal form, and don't gain any other actions.

RE: Abilities, I don't know, I don't have one, and no one has claimed one so... Not sure, looking towards not in the game.

maybe the poison/role block thing worked... but the internal energy source.... I don't know. maybe our moves take energy or PP that we don't know about?

Well, there's really no reason for anyone to bother claiming to have an ability when it's hardly important.

Okay, well we're nearly out of time and the hints we've been given still seem too vague for us to really act on, and we haven't really had enough going on for anyone's behaviour to stick out to me. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if we ended up abstaining today, but I think we should really get moving tomorrow.

Alright then. Abstain. Let's hope we'll have something more conclusive to act on next day phase.

The discussion today is less spirited than before, but the Pokemon's debate still touches on a variety of topics, including whether the circumstances of Mega Diancie's death held some clue to the killers' identity, and the remaining citizens' own abilities and plans for the night. As the sun goes down over the horizon, the weary Pokemon plod back to their houses, but while some of them are fearful for their own lives, others are plotting when and where their next attacks will take place…

No one was lynched.

48 hours for night actions.

The citizens awaken the next morning, dreading whatever scene surely awaits them in the next absentee's house, and today, they find that said absentee is Eifie. One of the braver Pokemon peers through her window and immediately blasts through the door with an elemental attack. When the dust clears, the Pokemon find the heavily bruised body of Slowbro slumped by her desk, where she had apparently been writing, attacked in seemingly the same manner as Beedrill two nights prior. Her tail-shell bears thick, winding cracks, and a pool of blood surrounds her prone form, from which no footprints lead away, but upon closer inspection, there seem to be traces of blood remaining on the floor. Could the killer have slipped up—literally or figuratively—last night, or was it merely another misdirection?

The previous entries in the notebook Eifie appeared to have been writing in contain no references to obscure mafia plots or the like, but they do contain documentation regarding her fellow citizens. A list of names, recognizable as all of the other Pokemon, had been written out, with "Zero Moment" and "JackPK" crossed out in ink and "Eifie" covered in a smear of blood (the murderer's private joke?) Next to "Butterfree" is scribbled the puzzling sentence "anime?", to "Vipera Magnifica", "meh", and by "Superbird" there's nothing but a row of question marks. Feeling no closer to discerning the identities of the mysterious killers, the Pokemon puzzle over what this cryptic shorthand could mean as they head back to the town square, ready to start the day's discussion.

Eifie (Slowbro) is dead. She was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

Mega_Slowbro.png
:(...

Well, shit.

I'm... not sure what to make of the flavor text, tbh. But we're gonna have to do something other than abstain today, or we'll just keep dying off during the night.

Well, due to the fact that I didn't receive my Mega passive ability, I'm guessing we have to have a roleblocker somewhere. The first thing to come to mind is Sucker Punch, but in-game that doesn't cancel the other person's move so idk. Fake Out maybe? Does anyone have that?

That flavor is... disturbing. Another one that kept track on fellow citizens? But this one seemed to be different? And the kill was more similar to the first one? Hmm, I don't know what to make of it. Maybe there are multiple killing roles in the Mafia, but... it doesn't make sense why.

As the day progresses, the townspeople don't make much progress in the way of deciphering Slowbro's mysterious notes, and though several of them call for decisive action against the murderers, no such action is taken. The Pokemon head back to bed at sunset with the distinct feeling that the Slowbro, Diancie, and Beedrill are watching over them, disappointed...

No one was lynched.

48 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom