• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

your "Holy crap!" moments

The battle for albion in Fable 3. Just so much fun. Or making the rockets crash into eachother in the fallout: New vegas quest, Come Fly With Me. Those fucking ghouls burned.

I got another: When, in Left 4 Dead 2 in the No Mercy campaign, I discovered the hard way that tanks can and will throw you off the building to your death. My train of thought was something like this:

"OH SHIT a tank kill it guys come on help me kill it it's almost dead what is it doing OH FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Try the No Mercy Finale on Scavenge mode. It's barrels of fun for the infected team for this reason. :3

Um. As another example I'd probably have to say the scenes where guardian saplings are revived in Okami. Just amazing.

I started up an old game I used to play called Freelancer just tonight. It's an old space combat simulator, basically - easy enough to look up.

So I was in the starting solar system, and had just bought my first heavyweight ship. I decided to go raid the local nebula, the Badlands. I ended up flying through space and got to the Badlands - a huge purple nebula with tons of electromagnetic activity and giant black asteroids. I find two space pirates on my radar and quickly open fire. Ended up almost shooting one down, but then - wait, holy crap, these guys use nanobots to restore their health constantly! Before long I see that there's another space pirate approaching me nearby; I figure three I can handle, but after a very short time four more pirate space ships come and open an insane amount of fire on me. Using almost every nanobot I have of my own, I'm barely able to escape into friendly territory. Three I can handle, if barely; seven...?

Moral of the story: The Badlands are bad.

When I actually beat the Elite Four for the first time. I was so surprised and proud of myself.

Jurassic: The Hunted.

In level 3 Sinking Feeling when you pick up the gun there and a fucking deinonychus jumps right across the screen. I swear to god I fell for that every time.

Back
Top Bottom