• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Book Reccomendations?

My friend and I (who both love the books) found out they're movie-fying the second one and our reaction was honest-to-God "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

And yep, I did! I've read the Lost Hero but have yet to read Son of Neptune.

They are? Son of a bitch, when will they learn that the books are better?

I haven't read the Son of neptune yet, because my school library doesn't have it yet, XD! I did read the first chapter online (but i had to wait through cooooooonstant loading, D=) and it seemed really cool. Know how the first series had Percy narrating? The Lost hero, i can see how he wouldn't narrate, considering he wasn't in it, though mentioned several times. But why not the Son of neptune? that book revolved around him, so should the story be in First person, rather than third person?

I'd also reccomend Tuck Everlasting, Goblins in the Castle, and Because of Winn-Dixie. I know for a fact Tuck Everlasting has over 120 pages, but I'm not sure about the other books. =\

Oh, oh! Animorphs. Nuff said.

uhm
A Study in Scarlet
Dancing Through the Snow
Saffy's Angel
All the Percy Jackson books
I Am Number Four

yeah I might have weird book tastes

Ooh, ooh! I have a trilogy! The Darkangel, A Gathering of Gargoyles, and The Pearl of the Soul of the World. They are awesome fantasy books that are basically just... I'm bad at describing books. You should look them up. But they are super amazing and also not all that long so you should read them! :D

Oh, read The Giver!
YES.
It's an amazing read, even though it's relatively short (roughly 200 pages). I personally recommend not reading Gathering Blue or Messenger, the two companion books/spiritual sequels to The Giver, since they (especially the latter) sort of took away the 'magic' of The Giver (at least for me). It's written by Lois Lowry jsyk.

The Dresden Files.
Like, trust me on this, okay. Best fantasy series ever.

If you want a meatier but still fun book, try No Country For Old Men or Rabbit In The Road. The second one's written by a pair of first-time authors who pretty much slaved over every word to make what I consider a perfect book. I mean, holy shit it manages to make a book about psychic powers... Well, moving, but also mean something and is, in my opinion, a work of art. :)

Back
Top Bottom