• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

If we lynch an innocent and then a mafia night kill goes through, we'll be matched. Then it's up to how MF does tiebreakers. If the mafia manages to snipe the lovers and they're both innocent, then we lose.

I'm not entirely sure why we'd /need/ it, but whatever.

I suppose this means we'll all be switching our vote to Mai now?

We ... don't, really. I mean, I'd even say that's a plausible terrorist replacement, but I trust Negrek enough now to assume neg's innocent anyway.

Mai, in case we don't do the thing or have more discussions on doing the thing.

Hold on. End of a given phase? Does that mean if Mai revives at the beginning of the day phase, we'll end the night with 50% of each side (given that one mafia kill goes through), and then innocents will lose?

I can't do this TTmTT I'm just gonna head off to bed now and hope that everything isn't in smoking ruins when I come back.

On alignment victory condition ties:

Normally, the way I run it is so, if 50% of the living player list consists of mafia-aligned players at the end of a given phase, then mafia wins.

Could I be running it this exact way this time? Who's to say. Last game, it was possible for some mafia-aligned players (ie the ones Lysandre recruited and didn't yet hand the Indivisible Gift down to) not to count towards the win condition. So who knows if I'm meddling with that again. I could be doing that, or I could be not doing that.

But yeah, now you know how I'd run it assuming that I'm not meddling with it in any way.

tumblr_inline_mtjx3qqpJ11qi0brg.png

... Oh. Uhm, yes. Not do the thing?

If the next night phase ends with 50% of the living player list as mafia, then yes, mafia would win at that point. That, of course, is assuming both that they necessarily will and that and I'm not meddling with anything.

Also, 24-hour time extension. I was going to hand it down technically as a result of the vote being tied, so you're lucky that right now it happens to be down to two votes on each one of Zexion, Tailsy and Mai. Although I don't think I'd be bastard enough to not hand the extension down if it came to that.

We can flat-out say: if you're voting for Negrek, you're mafia. What's the worst-case scenario of you dying? Since, yeah, you're dead and our info plan is wrecked ... but we presumably have all the mafia then, so we just need to lynch. Can we get a majority then?
Ah, that's a good point. Worst-case scenario is... I die, and then Tailsy and Butterfree are innocent lovers and they both end up dying tomorrow night and we utterly lose. Not very likely? So I'll... be prepared to use the ability, then?

I could be doing that, or I could be not doing that.
If you are doing that, I could also be flying to Brazil and punching you in the face, just saying.

...or not do the thing. I can not do the thing, too.

If you are doing that, I could also be flying to Brazil and punching you in the face, just saying.
It's official, I am not going to host something else immediately after this ends.

Changing my vote to Mai! That's a plurality for Mai by now if I've counted correctly, so I doubt Negrek's ability is going to be needed.

Oh geez. I don't even wanna think about how complicated this game certainly is. Mai, then! I'm going to bed, lads.

I think I'm gonna follow blazhy's lead and UTTERLY QUIT FOR TONIGHT but wait Butterfree

what do WE EVEN WANT TO DO AT THIS POINT because uh we might lose

then again I might punch Metallica in the face too because if we do and there's no follow-up THEN

I'm switching between no caps and ALL CAPS because too tired to think otherwise but

did we ever resolve blazhy's question (no)
are we SURE OF WHAT WE'RE DOING (no???)

I guess a plurality isn't ending the day early but

Well, we have twenty-four hours, so I think for now I'll just vote Mai, and then I can review this thread tomorrow and see if anything's changed once I've had the time to step back and reflect for a bit.

I literally just handed down a time extension, so at the very least I want to make good on like half of its intended duration.

Wait, uh. So MF is saying if we lynch Mai, the mafia kill someone and there are three mafia, we lose? That's... inconvenient.

Did we know there are three mafia? How did ILS get his information and when? @_@

Ugh, I'm going to bed. Keeping up with this thread is doing bad things to my brain.

Just one last thing:

did we ever resolve blazhy's question (no)
I'm pretty sure we decided blazhy was going to ask if any mafia players have claimed lovers to verify me and Tailsy?

Oh, damn. Well, my reading comprehension is obviously shot, so I'm still going to take a break before taking another look at this. I guess there might be quite a bit of backpedaling to do.

Back
Top Bottom