• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

what even this game

...oookay, then. I guess if we end up having a night phase blazheirio889 ought to ask about Butterfree and Tailsy.

Don't you all think, now that VM has been cleared for Mafia, that he and Negrek are/were both Mafia?? He used a false inspector claim to prevent people from believing that he and his partner were both Mafia. Why would he try and clear Negrek (and in turn himself) with an inspector claim if that weren't the case?

When the crowd feasted their eyes upon the sight of the fight, they immediately whooped and hollered for Negrek -- with one sole exception.

Vanilla Mongoose, who cast his gaze up towards the sky and pleaded for merciful death. And soon enough, indeed, a great huge meteorite hurtled down from the heavens into his position, crushing his entire body and thorougly burying what little remained. All that could escape the celestial execution was an amulet, which got flung away from the condemnate and into the crowd. They recognized it as the same one that had been found on Eifie's corpse.

While the event shook everyone a little and lingered on in their minds for the next hours to come, they were still much too drawn towards the altercation between Zexion and Negrek, the latter having steadily worked neg way from an even fight to an ostensibly one-sided beating. By the time neg was done, neg opponent was reduced to little more than a mangled pile of his former organs -- and yet another amulet.

The skies were already shifting from sunset's ochre to twilight's indigo, and everyone was celebrating, carrying Negrek over their heads and tossing neg up and down and all sorts of thing. But just as soon as everyone went their own way, none could quite shake the sentiment that something wasn't right still.......

Zexion, the Vivillon, is dead. He was mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

Zexion, the Vivillon, is dead. He was mafia.
328s.gif

The nights grow increasingly sleepless, and not simply because of the unease -- but also because there's that infernal racket yet again.
Whoa! Butterfree is following me!

At least the general stank had already resolved into a subdued, background smelll. Nonetheless, one of the more roam-prone survivors ended up running across the battered body of I Liek Squirtles, covered solid in stiff bruises.

I Liek Squirtles, the Litleo, is dead. He was innocent.

48 hours for discussion.

Well. That does rather implicate Butterfree, doesn't it?
Also, if you saw my VM messages with MF, you'd know that I couldn't ask if mafia-aligned players claimed to be in a lover pair. I decided to ask instead if Butterfree and Tailsy were in a lover pair. The answer was no.
In that case, I think the best course of action to lynch Butterfree.

Also just because I've started a bandwagon doesn't mean discussion shouldn't happen! Discussion should totally happen. Although I'm quite sure I'm the only convenient inforole left. Mai, who did you target? We should have enough innocents to warrant lynching you for information, if that's something we have to do.

I targeted ILS! But that didn't show?

Before we go ahead, Butterfree, do you have an explanation?

Well ILS never really clarified his ability, so maybe it only says the name of one person? Or maybe Butterfree's ability meant that your action didn't hit?

Of course, Butterfree's ability was supposed to protect ILS from death, unless she killed him herself. I fail to see why she would do that if she was on the innocent side.

Well, doing the thing ended up being rather more productive than I'd hoped.

Also, someone tried to kill me last night and discovered the hard way that in addition to fighting things I'm also a bulletproof chesnaught. Good luck with that. Unfortunately, that means we have two killers left on our hands, and they're not looking particularly town-aligned at the moment.

In any case, at the start of the day my thoughts pretty much would have been, "Welp, it's ILS, Butterfree, or Tailsy," but the way things are going it's looking pretty solidly Butterfree and Tailsy. tbh I'm more for lynching Tailsy because I think it's more likely Butterfree's some vigilante thing that somehow got aligned with the mafia, so I think in terms of ending the game we're better off going for Tailsy first and hoping that's the last core scum role.

Not that it wouldn't have been nice to have heard how ILS' ability actually worked so we could have a better idea of what happened there, fume grumble etc etc.

... Okay, Negrek being hit complicates things a little.

But, uh, we might want to note what ILS said, though I was sure he was mafia until he died:

My "passive" ability, as one could call it, is town crier. So I can't exactly say much. I can say, though, that a third of the players remaining are mafia. That is disturbing, to say the least.

At the time, that meant three mafia players. And if Butterfree and Tailsy are mafia, that number would've been four.

So I'm not sure what to think.

These are players alive as of yesterday (obviously not of today):

1. Mai - Innocent
2. ILS - Innocent
3. Tailsy - ?
4. Blazhy - ?
5. Vanilla Mongoose - Mafia
6. Zexion - Mafia
7. Butterfree - ?
8. Negrek - ?

Now, if Butterfree and Tailsy were mafia...

1. Mai - Innocent
2. ILS - Innocent
3. Tailsy - Mafia
4. Blazhy - ?
5. Vanilla Mongoose - Mafia
6. Zexion - Mafia
7. Butterfree - Mafia
8. Negrek - ?

Assuming Negrek and Blazhy are innocent, that's still just a tie. And we would've lost at that point, or so go Metallica's normal rules.

... So I'm getting pretty uneasy. And I'm going to tentatively vote Blazhy - if you were mafia, by the way, you were/are brilliant with this game.

Word of Metallica: I don't have ILS's checker or whatever in my alignment-revealing pool, so we can almost certainly assume that was Butterfree's work ... and also, my death-flip works about the same as an inspection result (I asked in case there would've been an incongruency between inspection flip, death flip, and maybe even true alignment), so.

Perhaps there's a mafia recruiter in this game, too? I mean, maybe Trick or Treat wasn't a lover thing, but a recruiter thing.

Negrek, could I get your reasoning why you think Butterfree wasn't a mafia member at first? imo right now we have more solid proof against Butterfree. While Tailsy is looking super sketch right now, I think we should have enough innocents to weather another nightkill? So I'll have my vote stay for now, since we're not in danger of bam nighttime.

Remember last game where an innocent could be recruited, but an additional night action was needed to turn them fully mafia? I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening in this game, too.

And while I'd love to be called brilliant, I am sadly not mafia and can't claim the compliment. :P

Butterfree + Tailsy seems most parsimonious to me, since the only thing I see making sense for the vigkill in that scenario is Butterfree, and I don't know why she would do that unless she was working with the mafia. To me it seems most likely that Tailsy is some kind of recruiter role and added Butterfree to the fold--I believe that at least the way things worked in Kalos mafia, that would have made Butterfree part of the mafia in spirit but not actually count towards their numbers.

I mean blazheirio889 still being alive is worrying, but on the other hand if I were mafia I might have left her alive just to make her an object of suspicion. Major props if she does turn out to be such, though, I mean seriously well played. Completely throwing Zexion (and, uh, I guess VM) under the bus? So cold, but so good. Best don.

At the moment though I'm still leaning more towards Butterfree and Tailsy, though.

I'm somewhat sure that they figured Negrek would be a better target than me because Negrek is the actual planner. Maybe I kickstart discussion, but I'm terrible at making decisions. And while I can provide info, a quick glance at MF's VMs should have told them that I can't provide information about alignment. This late in the game, getting information about the game's setup won't really help much. Maybe they just decided to cut down on our numbers as fast as possible?

Butterfree + Tailsy seems most parsimonious to me, since the only thing I see making sense for the vigkill in that scenario is Butterfree, and I don't know why she would do that unless she was working with the mafia. To me it seems most likely that Tailsy is some kind of recruiter role and added Butterfree to the fold--I believe that at least the way things worked in Kalos mafia, that would have made Butterfree part of the mafia in spirit but not actually count towards their numbers.

I mean blazheirio889 still being alive is worrying, but on the other hand if I were mafia I might have left her alive just to make her an object of suspicion. Major props if she does turn out to be such, though, I mean seriously well played. Completely throwing Zexion (and, uh, I guess VM) under the bus? So cold, but so good. Best don.

At the moment though I'm still leaning more towards Butterfree and Tailsy, though.
Hm ... okay, yeah. I don't trust my own conclusions. :V That would work, and that's how it played out in Kalos Mafia - and if we're going to assume that's how it's going to work here, then we can't let this progress to the night. Or, well, I suppose we might be forced to - but then we should lynch Tailsy, definitely. Because tonight, she should be able to recruit again, then. And we can't deal with that at this point.

(Or, well, maybe we could ... but we don't want to at all.)

And the same for not killing me - well, I was never really expecting to be killed in the first place since we all know I'd revive anyway - but, uh, I've almost led us down some bad paths, and might've continued that.

price_is_right_losing_horn.mp3 :o( so close, yet so far

(I'm still not mafia, though!)

Back
Top Bottom