• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tapatalk mobile integration

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
A couple of days ago I installed Tapatalk on the forums, which means if you like to browse on a mobile device and find the forum layout makes it inconvenient, you can install the Tapatalk app for your device and it will give you a native interface for all regular forum functions. Obviously this is entirely optional. I've done everything I could see in the settings to make it not annoy you with DOWNLOAD THE APP NOW and not show you ads.

Of course, this was designed for vanilla vBulletin, so forum hacks are not integrated; most prominently, if you're going to join or GM a mafia game, you'll have to use the web interface. (Posting in mafia games can be done fine from the app, though.)

Yay! Apparently the Android app went through a huge update last week and when I took my phone off my charger the morning after installing it, Tapatalk started eating through my battery until I noticed and force stopped it, so if anyone downloads the app just for this forum, you probably want to watch what it's doing to your battery until they fix it.

According to the website, there's a Windows Phone app, yes. I linked it in the post.

Of course, this was designed for vanilla vBulletin, so forum hacks are not integrated; most prominently, if you're going to join or GM a mafia game, you'll have to use the web interface. (Posting in mafia games can be done fine from the app, though.)

Note that this includes spoilers and hide tags! so if you wanna browse spoiler-free, maybe don't do it on Tapatalk. Also it seems like profile comments and social groups are absent as well; I thought those were standard vBulletin things, but maybe not. PMs still work though!

Aside from that, this is pretty neat! I like how it handles unread posts. It's kind of bothersome because at first it forces you to follow a few random forums, but you can just follow tcod and unfollow the rest, and it doesn't seem to pester you into following anything else, which is neat.

ultraviolet said:
It's kind of bothersome because at first it forces you to follow a few random forums, but you can just follow tcod and unfollow the rest, and it doesn't seem to pester you into following anything else, which is neat.

Huh, it didn't actually force me to follow random forums at all. I think it suggested some at the beginning but I just ignored them and added tcodf instead.

Just noticed that if people have Tapatalk on or whatever they have an icon by their name. It's adorable.

If only I didn't delete Tapatalk because it wanted to update every two hours like a bitch. That was like last year though. Does it still do that?

it doesn't as far as i've seen!

also it can send you push notifications if you're quoted, which i think is really cool

it doesn't as far as i've seen!

also it can send you push notifications if you're quoted, which i think is really cool

Ooooo, really? That is sort of cool. I know other forums that have that on site, but to have that on mobile? Oooooooo. Phantom likey. Might need to reinstall it.

Back
Top Bottom