• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

PK

off to save time and space
It's about time we had one of these!

LET US COME TOGETHER BRONIES

Members:
the whole goddamn forum

Last edited:
YES WE MUST!

We must do clubby things to differentiate ourselves from the Entertainment thread though >:C Hmm.

WE MUST THINK! BUT FIRST WE MUST NOT THINK ON EMPTY STOMACHS.

/goes to find something to eat/help think with

FUCK YES THIS IS THE SHIT

CALL ME PINKY PIE 8DD

No, srsly, I'm joining. Maybe we should all make avatars of different characters. Or change our names (for those who haven't yet) to the names of characters. I can't though, because my account won't let me change.

Uhm, the first club thing you should do is supply those two with befitting avatars...? >:
(anyway I guess I will join... I don't really want to change my username or avatar though... heck my avatar is half pony already)

I came into this show, trying to dislike it... and my God, even if the lessons/morals at the end are cheesy and I don't really like the whole friendship thing, it DRAWS ME IN and I don't know why. Maybe it's the pretty artwork which I find sickingly sweet and unnatural, yet SO shiny and colourful. Maybe there's something about how the ponies are so diverse. They can be any colour, have any type of cutie mark. Maybe it's that most of the characters are actually pretty good and they actually make attempts at continuity. I just don't know...

But regardless, I'm count me in. I don't want to change my name, but I got a good avvie of Princess Celestia so I hope that's enough. (Although I might not keep it for very long, take note of that. I tend to be obsessive with avvies.)

Going to try a discussion topic thing... my favourite character is Fluttershy. I really like her portrayal of shyness and can really relate to her timidity. What about you guys?

Also, I have a few avvies I've made myself, in case anyone wants them (please note that I'm not really good at making "funny" avvies for the most part... and they probably aren't too good):

MLP-PinkiePie.png
MLP-RainbowDash.png
MLP-Rarity.png
MLP-Spike.png
MLP-TwilightSparkle.png

Oh, maybe (more than) a little cheesy, but I think it's a great show for any kid to be watching overall. Er, I mean, just taking the kid perspective here, since MLP is marketed towards young girls. It's friendly and nice and all (every pony parties aaaalll the time) and has some pretty nice unique morals, sometimes at least. For example not to discriminate against zebras!

I mostly like to watch children's shows for their... escapism I guess. It's nice to have some really lighthearted jokes that don't touch on generic adult subjects, and I'm not a huge fan of violence either... ehe. Anyway, it's a nice break from every other show/person/thing I observe, sometimes.
I want to know how this show is animated! hmmm

Going to try a discussion topic thing... my favourite character is Fluttershy. I really like her portrayal of shyness and can really relate to her timidity. What about you guys?

I totally agree. Also flutterguy and the way she's all quiet and reserved but really... does unexpected stuff sometimes is cool.
Pinkypie (y or ie?!) does the same kind of thing except... the opposite... rather than being really quiet and unwilling to speak, she's overly loud and annoying and crazy-hyper so the others just ignore her suggestions... ehe.
Maybe a bit annoying, but less so in the later episodes... eee...
I find it a bit easier to say who I don't like, but I guess if I had to pick favourites (from the main characters) I'd pick those two... Applejack is pretty cool too~

I like the avatars by the way! (Except Spike, he looks a little awkward, but I don't think I've seen that episode yet)

Furiianda said:
I want to know how this show is animated! hmmm

flash, iirc. It's made by the same people who made the Powerpuff Girls.

flash, iirc. It's made by the same people who made the Powerpuff Girls.

It looks like a lot like flash, but I had my doubts because it looks really good for flash compared to most kids' shows these days. Usually it just looks really cheesy and stiff but in MLP you can tell they put a lot of time into it, what with all the subtle movements and angles and stuff. Well, I mean, relatively, when compared to most flash animation, which is normally just in profile or a three-quarter view or something, with the occasional front/back shot for actiony running scenes. The ponies turn around and shake their heads and... well I guess I'm just easily impressed and don't know much about flash. (I guess there's flash that's done with models and flash with individually drawn frames, I'm assuming/referring to the former just because of how clean and consistent it looks)

Most of the Powerpuff Girls was actually animated by hand, though, if you're saying the creators in common are why you're assuming it's flash animated (well, besides the fact Wikipedia says it is). Like, only one special episode in 2009 was in flash, and the other 79 were hand-animated in South Korea.

Last edited:

Also, I have a few avvies I've made myself, in case anyone wants them (please note that I'm not really good at making "funny" avvies for the most part... and they probably aren't too good):

MLP-PinkiePie.png
MLP-RainbowDash.png
MLP-Rarity.png
MLP-Spike.png
MLP-TwilightSparkle.png

da;ladh;a that Pinkie Pie one is adorable.

And I totally know what you mean, I came in expecting to hate this show (It's my little pony, for god's sake) and yet for some reason I loved it. THIS IS WHAT THE SHOW DOES TO YOU

(I guess there's flash that's done with models and flash with individually drawn frames, I'm assuming/referring to the former just because of how clean and consistent it looks)

Yeah this is what I want to know ): when I last researched anything about flash it was a bunch of people saying you have to draw all the frames individually to make it look nice, and "tweening sucks lol" etc etc
I thought it might have been done with Lightwave (3D program), surprisingly enough it seems that it has a "look like 2D" option that was used to animate... Fairly Oddparents or something. According to their gallery. ?_? But if you can just make a sort of 3D model in flash yeah :V
(just figuring out what to hax lololol, I think vector animation would just be a good answer to a certain something I'm making)
Anyway, uh, UV, thanks for mentioning the program {: I guess if I just research I can determine whether it'd all hand drawn or done with "flattened" 3D models -- those ponies sure turn smoothly sometimes.

I found some nice pictures of me,
So I made an avatar or three.

mlp2l.jpg
mlp7l.jpg
mlp4l.jpg

(I might as well join this group, too-
no pony would object, would you?)

Back
Top Bottom