• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gay Marriage Legalized in NY

Aobaru

Floooooon!
Pronoun
he
Link to story

Gay couples and proponents of gay rights have a reason to celebrate tonight, as the New York State Senate has passed a bill that allows same sex marriage.

New York will be the sixth, and largest, state in the union to adopt gay marriage. The bill will take effect 30 days after governor Andrew Cuomo signs it into law.

In addition, New York has no residency requirement to apply for a marriage license, so that means I could go up there and get married one day :D Hopefully, by the time I want to get married there will be a closer state with legal gay marriage -_-

Wonderful! Marriage equality is really a beautiful thing. ♥

*staaaaares at Scottish Government.*

that is cool!

why do we not have it here yet our PM is an atheist ffs

Last edited:
-Final Fantasy fanfare music-

Yay! I hope New York throws its good ol' weight around (read: apply its clout) for national and international legalization of marriage between consenting adults of any gender combination.

Yay! It's always nice to see a state come to its senses about something so important, especially when the correct course of action is only being blocked by stupid people. California is still being sucky about this. >:(

Oh wow now I just have to find someone to marry and bring them over to NY :D MY PLANS, THEY ARE BECOMING REAL~

One more reason to move to NYC when I grow up! (Assuming I'm good enough to get a job at UNYC or really, really good and get a job at Columbia. Or maybe I'll just be a starving artist, idk.)

YES!
This is fucking AWESOME!!! :D

Now if only I were older and had someone to marry. Lol.

I came back home from vacation to see this, and it has MADE MY YEAR. New York's right on the border with my state too! Maybe I'll move there when I get out of college....

This is exactly the sort of thing I hate. The fight against heteronormality isn't exclusive to cisgendered gays and lesbians.

Well they already have such shirts for heterosexual people, homosexual or bisexual people are a (just barely) big enough market for such shirts, but trans* people? The amount of trans* people willing to wear their identities on an inane shirt? It just isn't feasible for a store to do so. However, a product-on-demand type online shop might cater to that, or if you are like me and like to do your own stuff in the great tradition of Punk-DIY, you can rip out the original words and replace them with what you like.

Well they already have such shirts for heterosexual people, homosexual or bisexual people are a (just barely) big enough market for such shirts, but trans* people? The amount of trans* people willing to wear their identities on an inane shirt? It just isn't feasible for a store to do so. However, a product-on-demand type online shop might cater to that, or if you are like me and like to do your own stuff in the great tradition of Punk-DIY, you can rip out the original words and replace them with what you like.

There actually are people that wear their trans* status on their shirts! There are Legalize Trans* shirts, though I'm not sure where you can buy them, and obviously you can wear them if you're not trans*. Takes some courage to wear them, no doubt, and I personally would not be able to unless it was at some sort of pride event... and even then... I don't know.

I heard about this last night, and I'm quite happy for our country, and the gays/bis/etc. who want to get married.

...Now I kinda feel bad for my (gay) uncle and his boyfriend who recently (as in a few months to a year ago) moved out of NYC. To California.

Forty-four more states to go, guys!

This is exactly the sort of thing I hate. The fight against heteronormality isn't exclusive to cisgendered gays and lesbians.

I'm perplexed as to why you find a burst of gay pride after the passing of a same-sex marriage bill to be insulting.

Back
Top Bottom