• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Nuzlocke Run

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Basically, it's a challenge presented by 4chan.

• Faint = Dead (Get rid of your Pokemon if they faint in battle)
  • White/Black Out = YOU'RE dead. Challenge over.
  • You're only allowed the first Pokemon you encounter in each area. Each route, town, room, etc. is an area. No duplicates.
  • Nickname ALL your Pokemon to increase bond.
  • No trading, no DayCare, no Pokewalker.

Those are the essential rules. If you're man enough, here are some more.

• You're allowed to buy only ONE Pokeball from each Mart.
  • No TMs, no items outside of battle.
  • One visit to the Pokemon Center per town. Also, one after each Gym Battle. These stack, so even if you've visited the PC, you can visit again if you've done the Gym Battle.
  • No held items
  • No healing from Pokemon Centers. However, all items are allowed anywhere.
  • No legendaries.

You don't need to do the second list, just the first.

Anyway, doing a run on Ruby.

Ethan
-Rooster (Torchic)
-Bandit (Zigzagoon)
-Simon (Wurmple)
Rooster damn near died when faced with mudkipz, and Simon isn't helping.

Last edited:
Wait, are we allowed to use items IN battle?

If so, I might do this on FR.

I'm doing this! Just started out on Diamond, chose Chimchar; Nickname: Firemonkey. Caught: Bidoof; Nickname: Derp. I haven't actually had a real trainer battle yet, though. From here on, I will post in Fanfic style. There is a real website for this, but they use comics, and I can't draw for peanuts.

This is an insane challenge. Hmm... I may or may not try it, but if I feel the need for a challenge, I may give this a go. :3

Bleah, I can't be bothered postingi n two places. For those who want to follow my adventures, you can do so here.

Sweet. I've already had one casualty in Simon. However, I now have MOTHRA the Cascoon. Hoping to find a Wingull to take care of Roxanne.

Love my Nuzlocke. (:
I've actually lost no one. (:
Well......I did lose my whole team while Brawly critted me...but I don't count that. (:
The team:

Marshtomp
Guitar
lvl. 25
Met at: Starter

Beautifly
Camera
lvl. 21
Met at: Route 102

Zigzagoon
Poster
lvl. 11