• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Voltorb Flip

It's a bonus level. Bulbapedia claims you reach it "by winning level 7 a random number of times", but I've jumped there from level 5 before, and I know other people have jumped there from levels lower than 7, so I think some editor just pulled that out of their ass.

I heard somewhere that it was a matter of winning five games (of any level) in a row, and if I remember correctly that seemed to hold up when I was trying to pay attention to it.

Anyway, DarkAura, I'm sorry to be skeptical, but this is literally the first I have ever heard of a level nine in Voltorb Flip. How did you get there?

I actually just went by the levels. (got to 8 a hand ful of times, but this was the first time got to nine)

I got there just by playing normally. it never repeated lv 7, and it kept going.

I heard somewhere that it was a matter of winning five games (of any level) in a row, and if I remember correctly that seemed to hold up when I was trying to pay attention to it.
Huh, that does seem to work. So I guess next time I want a ton of coins, it'd be faster to drop myself down to level one when I lose and try to get to level eight as much as possible...

I haven't played SoulSilver in ages, but I have played Voltorb Flip for an hour straight before, and I love it :D I'm much better at it than the slots tbh.

I don't understand how you guys do this. D: Last night I got to level 5 with ease, but now, the first time I flip over a card after marking everything, it's always a Voltorb! So, I'm stuck on level 3.
This game is still addicting... I hadn't played it for a while until last night.

well that's just because like just about any other gambling game, Voltorb Flip can be abused, because it relies on fact rather than random numbers and can therefore can be figured out. Slots are literally as random as gambling gets.

I got to level 8 (or whatever the max was) of Voltorb Flip then after randomly hitting a damn Voltorb and being knocked back to level 3 I decided it wasn't worth my time. It's an interesting game, though, and does require some thinking, which ends up being annoying when you just want to rack up as many coins as possible.

If you're good at it, though, it'll be nice since you can get Dratini early on. :)

Man, I remember Voltorb Flip. Loved it so much more than the slot machines. Probably has something to do with me being a huge math/logic nerd.

I remember when I first discovered it. I played, and played, and played, and by the time I actually stopped to question what I was doing, I'd gotten enough coins to buy a Dratini. Which is now a Dragonite, and still on my team.

I am actually the worst at Voltorb Flip and I'm not much better at the slots. I just want to go back to where you could just buy all the coins. :C

Back
Top Bottom