• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's your favorite Video Game Villian?

Momo(th)

I swear I'm cool you have to believe me
Pronoun
she
So. . . the title says it all! What was your absolute favorite villain in a video game?

My absolute favorite villain is in a Final Fantasy game. No it's not Sephiroth (BLASPHEMY!) or Kefka (MORE BLASPHEMY!) but Exdeath. I find him to be so excessively cruel and psychotic that he by far is the best villain in the series. It takes a temporal paradox just to make him mortal! Xemnas is a good runner up, though.

Anyone else have a favorite?

Hades, in Kid Icarus... would probably be at the top for me, but Sydney Losstarot from Vagrant Story exists.

Major props to Hades and the other gods for being the greatest trolls ever to exist, however.

Hm...Porky. It'd have to be Porky. This guy is just so evil, I can't put anyone else as number one.

But that won't stop me from putting runners up.

Bowser is on here, of course. Hilariously failurific one game, extremely epic the next. But loses some points due to lack of variance.

Grunty. Who doesn't love rhyming? I love rhyming! Grunty's hilarious, and has great boss fights.

While I haven't played anything relating to Final Fnatasy ever, from what I've seen/read/watched/heard, Keflka is a pretty cool guy. You know, for an insane, homicidal clown guy.

And, of course, Creepers. Sssssssss...

EDUT: OH CRAP I FORGOT TEAM DIM SUN. Yeah, they're pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Nemesis, by far. S.T.A.R.S...

Augus from Asura's Wrath, too. Every scene with him is funny, awesome, or both, not to mention that his boss fight was one of the coolest parts of the game. I actually felt kind of bad killing him, he was one of the only Seven Deities (along with Yasha) who wasn't an arrogant, cruel dickhead.

And M. Bison as well. When it comes to ridiculously hard fighting game bosses, he is one of the first to come to mind. I could never beat him on Street Fighter 2...

Major props to Hades and the other gods for being the greatest trolls ever to exist, however.

PIT!

HADES!

PIT!

HADES!

Pit . ..

Hades. . .

While I haven't played anything relating to Final Fnatasy ever, from what I've seen/read/watched/heard, Keflka is a pretty cool guy. You know, for an insane, homicidal clown guy.

He's also the most miserable person in all of existence.

N. Just N.

If this weren't video game disscussion, I would say Moriarty and The Master, but...

Hm...Porky. It'd have to be Porky. This guy is just so evil, I can't put anyone else as number one.

This. People make a bigger deal out of Giygas for being so damn scary, but... really as far as abhorrent shit goes Porky far outclasses Giygas.

What did Giygas do? Make animals angry, turn some people's faces blue. Make aliens attack a small town. Evil, yes, and he does take over the world in the future, but you don't see him actually do all that much in the game. If you played the original Mother you do see that he does have a decent backstory, and just how fucking SCARY he is in Earthbound comes right out of nowhere, but his actual track record is kind of underwhelming. We're told all the bad stuff he does, but never really shown it.

Now let's look at Porky's track record, all of which you see very clearly in Earthbound and Mother 3.
In Earthbound, he starts out as your average annoying neighbour kid. No PSI, no special powers, no nothing. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time. With that, he slowly works his way up the chain of command of a being MADE OF PURE EVIL, manages to manipulate said entity, escapes. Enter Mother 3. Has become immortal (if physically helpless) due to time travel fuckery. Gathers an army of ordinary people by tempting them with shinies and false happiness. Twists the local wildlife into horrific chimeras for the hell of it. Takes Claus's lifeless body and reanimates it into an abomination to serve as the general of said army, and to bring about the end of the world. Completely, though indirectly, destroys everything good in Lucas's life, causing the death of his mother and brother, driving his father insane with grief, demolishing his community, turning everyone against him, and forcing him to kill the twisted aberration that used to be his brother. Gathers up the last of the human race into his shiny playland "city" so that he can watch them all die with the planet once the Masked Man destroys the world.

ALL BECAUSE HE WAS BORED.

So yeah. Porky's.... pretty fucking evil. The fact that he accomplished so much despite being a completely ordinary human with not even PSI powers to show for himself makes him all the scarier. Let's just say he got what he deserved. can you tell i have a lot of feelings for this game because i do

Well, outside of Porky, my favourite villains would have to be:

• Maria from Silent Hill 2 (Pyramid Head nothing, Maria was the real monster in that game)
  • N and Ghetsis (What a pleasant surprise for a character like N to be in a Pokemon game. And Ghetsis... his entire last stand is a giant reference to Porky. What's not to love?)
  • Bowser, Dr. Robotnik, Dr. Wily (can't go wrong with the classics :D)
  • Adam from Trauma Center: Under the Knife/Second Opinion (This guy is just... a bastard. A bastard-coated bastard with bastard filling)
  • Yoshio Sakamoto (This isn't even a joke. Forget Mother Brain, this guy is the real villain of Metroid. I don't care if he wrote Fusion, he also wrote Other M and tried to insist that the helpless idiot we saw in that game was the "ONE TROO SAMUS GUIZE", and had the gall to declare the Prime games not canon afterwards.)

Also HOLY CRAP how did I forget about GLaDOS. Definitely GLaDOS.

Last edited:
Fawful.

No need for an explanation for that one.
Also the "mustard of your doom" AKA Fawful's Super Secret Special Hotdog Sauce is secretly Sollux's blood.

Hades, from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Honourable mentions to Exdeath and Gruntilda.

Seraph said:
My absolute favorite villain is in a Final Fantasy game. No it's not Sephiroth (BLASPHEMY!) or Kefka (MORE BLASPHEMY!) but Exdeath. I find him to be so excessively cruel and psychotic that he by far is the best villain in the series. It takes a temporal paradox just to make him mortal! Xemnas is a good runner up, though.

TREE POWERS, ACTIVATE

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert.

N. Just N.

Oh, of course. The way N is portrayed throughout is very realistic and heartbreaking. He doesn't seem ill-intentioned, but you still somewhat dislike (even if it's only a bit) him for his ideologies.

Then you discover that he's been literally indoctrinated for his entire life.

Read this. It's worth it, trust me.

does GLaDOS count as a villain?

Yes. Yes. Yes. :O :O :O

GLaDOS is one of the most amazing video game villain ever. Her initial speeches are filled with holes so that one could easily assume that she was misleading Chell, yet you had no solid evidence. And the moment she betrays you, it's like there's this "Eureka!" inside you which confirms your suspicions.

The way she is played out is just... excellent. Everything, from her dialogue to her voice to her ideology of humans valuing cake is just so ADOUGEHSEKWJ sorry.

Favourite villains? I really like Father Elijah, Dr. Klein and Ulysses from the Fallout: New Vegas DLCs, Commander Maro from Skyrim, President Eden from Fallout 3, The Creeper from Fable III, Razorbeard from Rayman 2, Gleeman Vox from Ratchet: Deadlocked, Malefor from The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, Jacob Crow from Timesplitters: Future Perfect...

I'm a big fan of villains, so there are a few.

Back
Top Bottom