• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Another Pokémon Poetry Game

Bulbamew

Bring on Omega Ruby!
Another Pokémon Poetry Game

There was one of these on the forums a few months ago, which I enjoyed, so I'll start one to attempt to revamp it.

Basically, I'll give a subject, or 'prompt', then the next person posts a poem (either a basic four line poem with the second and fourth lines in rhyme) or a limerick (five lines, the first two lines rhyme, the next two rhyme but are slightly shorter, and the closing line rhymes with the initial two) or whatever poetry techniques you know. Fear not, I am about as good at poetry as Butterfree herself, I'm not quite Shakespeare with my writing.

I'll start by posting a prompt. The prompt is Bulbasaur.

Re: Another Pokémon Poetry Game

wait, does the prompt change with every new post? (for example, i make a poem about bulbasaur, then post a new prompt Basculin)

Scootaloo said:
wait, does the prompt change with every new post? (for example, i make a poem about bulbasaur, then post a new prompt Basculin)
Yes.

Okay, I'm gonna start the poetry thingie again. I'll start with Bulbasaur.

Oh great Bulbasaur,
The good, green-ish Pokemon
A grassy starter

Prompt: Pokemon Black and White

Last edited:

Bulbasaur isn't water ?.?

Two twins who argued
Led to the downfall of a
Region -- Unova

But built again in
Black-and-white, so monotone
No dividing line

Prompt: Basculin

One fish, two fish,
Red fish, blue fish.
Filled with hate for one another,
Guided by their desires to kill

Blue fish, red fish,
Live fish, dead fish.
Not that different from each other,
But one lives on and the other is still.

Next prompt is Dewott.

A samurai lives on the beach,
training outside the city's reach.
Twin seashell swords make up for speed.
Yes, he is excellent indeed.

Keep being strong, blue seashell knight,
for there are enemies to fight.
Keep saving things and being brave,
and once, there might be worlds to save.

Next: Nimbasa City

Back
Top Bottom