• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Hoo boy, it's been a while.

Format: 3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Moves requiring a large body of water.
Arena Description: Arena Ferox - A large colosseum with ample room for even the largest of pokemon. The arena is circular, and is surrounded on all sides by walls of cheering Feroxi.

Additional Rules: To spice things up, pokemon in this battle can be paired up, similar to the support system in Fire Emblem Awakening. The pokemon currently on the field is the active pokemon, and at the cost of forgoing a round of actions the active pokemon can be paired with one of the remaining secondary pokemon. Secondary pokemon do not battle, do not lose energy, cannot be targeted, and instead have a 40% chance to perform a support action that round.

If the support pokemon acts during a round, there is a 25% chance that the pokemon will perform a guard action, halving the damage that the active pokemon takes over the course of the round. In return, the support pokemon will take 5% typeless damage.

The remaining 75% of the time, the support pokemon will perform an attack action, which replaces the last commanded action its trainer gives that round. The attack acts similar to assist, and is a random damage-dealing or status-inflicting move from the support pokemon's movepool.

If the active pokemon is knocked out, then the support pokemon becomes the new active pokemon. Additionally, although the support pokemon cannot be targeted, moves that encompass a wide area of affect have a 50% chance to inflict 5% typeless damage to a support pokemon.

Support pokemon cannot be switched out or unpaired once they have been sent out.

Profile Link: here

Fire Emblem Awakening theme? Count me in. My lame profile

As this battle is the highest one on the list right now and I need something to ref, I shall ref it. Thread will be up sometime soon.

...also, it would be more convenient (at least, I think so) if the Battles Needing Referees list linked to the both the issuance and the acceptance of each challenge, rather than just its issuance.

We'll be needing an advanced or elite ref and another battler (preferably a newbie) to take this battle. Noctowl will be reffing.

2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

We'll be needing an advanced or elite ref and another battler (preferably a newbie) to take this battle. Noctowl will be reffing.

2vs2 Single

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

Doesn't fill a battle slot? yey

(I will be using my own pokes, for bonding purposes)

(am I new enough? I mean I've picked up on it quickly, like most things I do, but I only started when it restarted in January)

I'm not waiting until my tournament battle is over to do this, dammit >:(

Format: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. ... vs. 1
DQ: a really long time
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: A ball pit made for mini bugs. Could this bee more adorable?

[cut for length]

I will join this with Micah!

Also, a bit of an experimental challenge, for I liek Squirtles:

Format: 2v2 double
DQ: two weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, recovery (Rest, direct healing, Heal Pulse, Wish), Attract, chills limited to three/Pokemon
Arena Description: Dupli Cave

A small, twisting road leads up to this recently discovered cave structure, which houses one of the only wild Ditto populations in Asber. The cave is fairly spacious with a high, arching ceiling, and it's lit by variously colored glowing stones protected by a mystical energy that repels all attacks. The secluded Ditto have had much time to practice fighting, and are more than happy to lend a hand to trainers who want to battle.

Each trainer will send out one Pokemon, and a Ditto will take the shape of the opponent's Pokemon. Say Trainer X sends out Pokemon A, and Trainer Y sends out Pokemon B. Then X will be commanding A and a Ditto transformed into B, and Y will be commanding B and a Ditto transformed into A. Each transformed Ditto's moves' base damage are increased by 1% because of their battle experience but they expend 2% more energy per action. At the end of the battle, each original Pokemon gains experience and happiness equal to the amount they would have received in a normal double battle plus the amount the Ditto fighting on their side would have received.

I was all excited about reffing the bug battle, hahah. Meursault can have dibs if it turns out I can't keep up with it.

Another thing I didn't think of: this won't take up a battle slot.

Format: 2v2, Single
Style: SET
DQ: Two Weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO Moves, Direct Recovery Moves(Roost, Recover, Rest etc.), Chills 3 per Pokemon
Arena Description: Arcadian Valley

A large grassy plain at the bottom of a humongous valley. One can see the sun peek through from beyond the hills. A small stream runs through the center of the valley, dividing the area into rough halves. Both combatants begin on the leftmost half- but, if maneuverability permits it, they could end up in, beside or above the river.

If possible, I would like to modify this battle to a Set instead of a Switch. If not I'd like to void the battle and repost the quoted text above as a new challenge.

Additional Rules:

• The only allowed Pokémon are Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Kricketot, Combee, Burmy, and Scatterbug. (EDIT by Zhorken: You missed Burmy you are the WORST.) Big cocoons are NOT allowed in the baby playground. >:(
  • Each Pokémon starts with 30% health and energy (this is flexible; if people want a different amount, let's go for it!).
  • Up to 16 people may join this battle (lmao) and I am totally willing to lower the health and energy amounts if a lot of people actually join to make this manageable for the ref.
  • Commands will be sent in by PM, and the ref has as long as they need to post reffings. The ref is free to choose a reasonable DQ time for all other participants.

(poll for the masses: should Magikarp, Tynamo, etc. also be allowed? I can't decide.) others are forbidden from entering the baby bug playground

Zhorken will be reffing, and they added some more rules:

• When you accept this, link to your chosen Pokémon's profile
  • It doesn't need to be in your active squad
  • Flying is neutral against Bug so that Combee is fair
  • You have one week to send in commands, but rather than getting disqualified, you just don't get to do anything for the round
  • It won't count towards win/loss records (once those are actually a thing)
  • It won't take up a battle slot either
  • I'm not sure about prizes. Obviously the winner shouldn't get a zillion dollars, and given that it's probably going to be hard to actually strategize I'm probably just going to say that everyone who participates gets to fully evolve.

Current Participants:

1. Eifie and Vermiculate Monsoon
  2. blazheirio889 and BEES
  3. I liek Squirtles and Deedle Deedle Whoop
  4. Totodile and Garchomp
  5. Noctowl and Olaf
  6. Dar and Envy
  7. RespectTheBlade and Aldrin
  8. allitersonance and antialiasis
  9. Grass King and Lepidoptera
  10. Arylett Charnoa and Kukai
  11. Keldeo and Micah
  12. YOU?!

ME?!

Here is ma Bumblie

2vs2 Single

Doesn't fill a battle slot? yey

(I will be using my own pokes, for bonding purposes)

(am I new enough? I mean I've picked up on it quickly, like most things I do, but I only started when it restarted in January)

I'll be the ref here. Give me a couple of days to sort out my active squad though - we'll need to keep things interesting for a test match, after all!

Additional Rules:

• The only allowed Pokémon are Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Kricketot, Combee, Burmy, and Scatterbug. (EDIT by Zhorken: You missed Burmy you are the WORST.) Big cocoons are NOT allowed in the baby playground. >:(
  • Each Pokémon starts with 30% health and energy (this is flexible; if people want a different amount, let's go for it!).
  • Up to 16 people may join this battle (lmao) and I am totally willing to lower the health and energy amounts if a lot of people actually join to make this manageable for the ref.
  • Commands will be sent in by PM, and the ref has as long as they need to post reffings. The ref is free to choose a reasonable DQ time for all other participants.

(poll for the masses: should Magikarp, Tynamo, etc. also be allowed? I can't decide.) others are forbidden from entering the baby bug playground

• You have one week to send in commands, but rather than getting disqualified, you just don't get to do anything for the round
  • I'm not sure about prizes. Obviously the winner shouldn't get a zillion dollars, and given that it's probably going to be hard to actually strategize I'm probably just going to say that everyone who participates gets to fully evolve.

Current Participants:

4. Totodile and Garchomp
  5. Noctowl and Olaf
  6. Dar and Envy
  11. Keldeo and Micah
  12. YOU?!

i have a fot boog also! she wants to play~

Whoever accepts the challenge, The DQ time, damage cap, and banned moves are adjustable.

1vs1 Single ( flexible )

( i hope i can battle using this arena )

I'll take this one. Fiiiiiight. Though I'd like to have Direct Recovery Moves and OHKO Moves Banned.

Also, a bit of an experimental challenge, for I liek Squirtles:

Format: 2v2 double
DQ: two weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, recovery (Rest, direct healing, Heal Pulse, Wish), Attract, chills limited to three/Pokemon
Arena Description: Dupli Cave

A small, twisting road leads up to this recently discovered cave structure, which houses one of the only wild Ditto populations in Asber. The cave is fairly spacious with a high, arching ceiling, and it's lit by variously colored glowing stones protected by a mystical energy that repels all attacks. The secluded Ditto have had much time to practice fighting, and are more than happy to lend a hand to trainers who want to battle.

Each trainer will send out one Pokemon, and a Ditto will take the shape of the opponent's Pokemon. Say Trainer X sends out Pokemon A, and Trainer Y sends out Pokemon B. Then X will be commanding A and a Ditto transformed into B, and Y will be commanding B and a Ditto transformed into A. Each transformed Ditto's moves' base damage are increased by 1% because of their battle experience but they expend 2% more energy per action. At the end of the battle, each original Pokemon gains experience and happiness equal to the amount they would have received in a normal double battle plus the amount the Ditto fighting on their side would have received.

This sounds... interesting. Count me in.

Additional Rules:

Current Participants:

4. Totodile and Garchomp
  5. Noctowl and Olaf
  6. Dar and Envy
  11. Keldeo and Micah
  12. Lilypad and Bumblethree
  13. Coloursfall and Swallowtail
  14. YOU?!

Me and Heather would like to participate in this unrepentant tomfoolery.

Format: 2v2 Single
DQ: Seven days
Banned/Restricted Moves: Rest, Chills limited to 3 per pokemon, OHKOs
Arena Description: The office

Hello, hello? I wanted to record a message to give you an idea of the rule for battling in this wonderful establishment.
You may find youself and your pokemon feeling a little cramped in that room there, I know, as I, uh, have been battling in there myself before you came along. This battle is best suited to, erm, small Pokemon.
Maybe no bigger than a human. It is pretty cramped in there.

Anyway, on to the real rules. There are two doors to your left and right, and through them may come the animatronics. You know, Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, and...ah Foxy. He's my favorite. Erm, anyway.
There is a chance (30%) that they may peek their heads through the door, and will stay till the end of the next round.
Now, they are nothing to worry about! As long as you leave them alone, they should leave you alone. Remember to treat them with respect, or they will fight back and do 15% damage.
They will respond to moves that hit all targets though, so be careful.
Finished my last battle, time for a new one!

Eifie said:

Additional Rules:

Current Participants:

4. Totodile and Garchomp
  5. Noctowl and Olaf
  6. Dar and Envy
  11. Keldeo and Micah
  12. Lilypad and Bumblethree
  13. Coloursfall and Swallowtail
  14. Gevaisa and Heather
  15. YOU?!

Fuck it, I'll throw my lot in with Wormy.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but there's only one spot left! Don't delay, buy a baby bug today!

Back
Top Bottom