• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[X/Y] Poké Ball Vivillon

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
[X/Y] Poké Ball Vivillon

So as has been recently revealed, Pokémon Center Paris is giving away Poké Ball Pattern Vivillon in June. Is anyone here able/willing to go or know someone that can? Because if this event isn't going to happen anywhere but there, a huge proportion of the world is seriously gonna miss out, because there's no way enough of this pattern are gonna be given out to satisfy all the Vivillon collectors (like me!). What do you all think about it?

Re: [X/Y] Poké Ball Vivillon

I think it'd be weird for there to be an event exclusive to Europe that's distributed at a Pokémon Center. If it could be bred, though, it would be awesome.

I get why it's in paris, and likely to only be in paris, due to the whole game being based on france. I don't think it's fair to people who collect them, though. And if it is breedable, unless someone is nice enough to give them away on WT, people are going to be asking a lot for them on the GTS.

The whole pokeball event does spell some interesting news though - remember all those leaks? with the mega latis and such? This supports that not only are these things in the game, but game freak is actually heading towards giving them out at some point. (And i'm really just excited because AZ's Floette looks amazing.)

I really hope they'll make it available some other way too! I've already collected all the regional patterns, and it'd drive me nuts if I couldn't get the special fancy patterns. D:
I hate country-specific events because if you're not located near the event, you're pretty much punished for living in the 'wrong' place.

Sadly, I kind of doubt it'd be breedable, since at least with normal Vivillons the babies just default to the region of your game/system regardless of the parents' patterns. It's kind of unlikely they'd change the coding for a specific 'reskin' of the same pokemon. :I

I really hope they'll make it available some other way too! I've already collected all the regional patterns, and it'd drive me nuts if I couldn't get the special fancy patterns. D:

Me too basically. Zhorken is positive it will find its way out of Paris and I'm just hoping like hell.

They announced the Fancy pattern Vivillon now (the light greenish one with pretty flowers)! :O

It'll be released (maybe via Wifi? who knows) after over 100 million pokemon have been traded via GTS. Apparently we're at ~90 million atm, so not *that* much to go until we get the new pattern! :D

Apparently we're at ~90 million atm, so not *that* much to go until we get the new pattern! :D

I wonder how many more trades would have been done if most of them weren't asking for Genesect etc

I wonder how many more trades would have been done if most of them weren't asking for Genesect etc
We'd probably be at 200 million by now :D

Wait, wasn't it Wonder Trade?
Nah: "To celebrate the 100 million Pokémon traded via the GTS, the Fancy Pattern Vivillon will soon be available!"
That's what the official site says. :P

By the way, if anyone is willing to obtain me a Poké Ball Vivillon (if it's never released outside France), I have several extra rare Vivillon patterns - including Monsoon, Icy Snow, Sun, Ocean, Jungle, Savanna - that I'd be willing to trade for the Poké Ball form.

I went searching for Nintendo information about the Poké Ball pattern to see if I could glean anything about a worldwide release. On the French Nintendo site, on the page referencing the Pokémon Center event at which the Vivillon is to be distributed, I found a little nugget. I don't speak French like at all so I ran it through Google Translate, which of course is not a perfect solution but nonetheless...

"It is also the Pokémon Center that Paris will have its world exclusive pattern of Prismillon 19th, a new pattern that is inspired by the colors of a Poké Ball. Participants with their Nintendo 3DS and their copy of Pokémon Pokémon X or Y may be among the first to receive this unique Pokémon!"
http://www.pokemon.com/fr/actus-pokemon/visitez-le-pokemon-center-ephemere-a-paris-en-juin/

I... well, I have a feeling they wouldn't suggest that (instead saying like "This pattern is exclusive to France due to its being the inspiration for Kalos" or something) if they didn't plan to release it elsewhere....

Looking over it and reading it in french, that's pretty much exactly what it says, so I guess Google Translate did its job well.

But the thing is, it has both the "World exclusive" part and also the "may be among the first" part, which makes it really confusing.

I kind of really want one, solely because the moment those things are released they're going to be incredibly valuable on the GTS. On the other hand, everything I still need is unavailable on the GTS...

Ahhh yes I finally completed my collection :D
I wonder if they'll make more special Vivillon patterns in the future? Maybe a cool Hoenn exclusive one or something like that? That would be pretty rad.

I got mine too :D I think Hoenn exclusive patterns would be cool! Maybe they could let you pick up Scatterbug early and what pattern you get would depend on where in Hoenn you evolved it?...

Back
Top Bottom