• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

departuresong

Bouncing Off Clouds
Welcome to the HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread! Like its Platinum equivalent, those who have the game already can use this thread to share their in-game progress: posting teams, writing about adventures, eventual plans, etc.

Those who don't have the game can use this thread to writhe in excitement and talk about their eventual plans for their HG/SS game.

Last edited:
But I didn't want to sticky it!

Playtime 105:20, seen 334, caught 265.

I'm planning on playing through, then trading all of my Pokemon over, hacking my Pearl, (Tweaking for Arceus, Darkrai and Shaymin.) then EV-ing. And Shiny hunting. I'll probably more or less just mess around. Pretty basic.

Well. I kind of have a whole not-entertaining HG blog thing going, go find it yourself if you care, so I won't repeat myself, but I do have all 16 badges and am flailing around trying to get those bloody infrequent gym leader rematches so I can train my level 50-something team and not get totally raped by Red. I mean, I suppose I could try fighting him now--I have a distinct memory of beating him in the original Gold with a team that had a level 56 feraligatr as its strongest pokémon, and I do in fact have a level 56 feraligatr now, but I know better than to expect that I could pull that off twice. :/

And after I beat it and do a little trading and junk I'll probably start it over and do a monotype. Or get hopelessly lost in the Battle Factory for the third game in a row (I pretty much haven't left it for anything ever in either copy Platinum!).

When I get my copy of SoulSilver, though, I think I'm going to actually make the effort to complete the pokédex (which I've only done... once, maybe, in Blue, if you don't count completing the first 200 pokémon in the Hoenn Dex once or twice), and to have one of every single pokémon so that I never have to catch or evolve anything ever again unless I feel like it.

I mean, I suppose I could try fighting him now--I have a distinct memory of beating him in the original Gold with a team that had a level 56 feraligatr as its strongest pokémon, and I do in fact have a level 56 feraligatr now, but I know better than to expect that I could pull that off twice. :/

You might! I beat Red with a bunch of level 60's. Teach your Feraligatr Earthquake and you'll be fine! xD

I also beat Steven in my Ground mono Emerald with Pokémon ranging from 48 to 55. Actually, it was only one level 55: my Swampert. Still though. xD

Eeeeee just a few more days!

I've been making adjustments to my planned IG team. Just so I take the game nice and slowly, I'm planning on doing what I did with my latest Emerald playthrough and actually pay attention to natures and EV's (as much as possible for story-mode play with mandatory battles and whatnot, anyway. When I play like that I don't really devotedly keep track of EV's, more just try to direct most of them to the right stats when I'm grinding. If that makes any sense at all. I can fix them later.)

So far for my team I've decided on Typhlosion, Politoed, and Victreebel; currently unsure about the last three. Ampharos is a possibility. I have to have a flier on my main team, but Noctowl is boring, I don't think Honchkrow is in the Johto dex, and I don't want to wait until the end of Johto for Skarmory. Might just go with Pidgeot. I'm considering Umbreon too.

Edit: Oh, forgot about Xatu! I'd ruled him out because Politoed was originally going to be a Slowking and I didn't want two psychics. :v

I have to have a flier on my main team, but Noctowl is boring, I don't think Honchkrow is in the Johto dex, and I don't want to wait until the end of Johto for Skarmory. Might just go with Pidgeot.

Fearow? I used one in FireRed and it ended up being really good. (It was also shiny.)

I used Fearow on my last LG playthrough, so I thought I'd try something else. I also didn't want to use Crobat because I'd used one recently.

I think Xatu's looking pretty good for now.

Honchkrow's not in Johtodex, no.

Use Togetic/kiss. :3 The togepi you get after beating Falkner knows Extrasensory, so you're not stuck with Metronome for ages.

Woohoo only 6 more days here. :)

I'm getting SoulSilver mainly because it has a bunch of Pokemon I've never used before that are exclusive to it.

I'm going to plan on getting the game somewhere between the 3/14 and 4/12 (Roughly the beginning of Spring Break for me). One thing I've never been able to do in a Pokemon game is play all the way through on my first file, so I'm planning on doing that with this game. My team I know will definitely have Typhlosion and Pidgeot, but the other Pokemon are really just whatever I feel like.

Two more days! My GameStop is opening an hour early, and I've already paid for my copy, so it'll be nice to just go in and grab the game.

I was frustrated at not having the Odd Egg; even though the Pokemon has a 50% chance to hatch shiny, I've hatched it at least five times and none of them were shiny. :(
But I'm going to Target/Fred Meyer right when it opens so I can get one. :) I don't live near a GameStop...

I remember getting a shiny Elekid from my Odd Egg on one file. Good times.

At any rate, I hope I manage to have at least a little shiny luck on this game. I haven't seen a legit shiny since the Marill on my Ruby game back in 2003-ish. I can't chain to save my life. :[ Within two weeks of having Platinum, my brother saw a shiny Geodude (that he fainted >:o) and caught Pokerus. Srsly not fair.

I was frustrated at not having the Odd Egg; even though the Pokemon has a 50% chance to hatch shiny, I've hatched it at least five times and none of them were shiny. :(
Did you save before you got the egg?

Back
Top Bottom