• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokemon: Shadow Apocalypse

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
Rogue looked at the dead Pokemon that lay before him. He was confused at all the sudden commotion. Pokemon shouldn't be killing each other. This is quite odd. He thought to hiimself. He then detected a presence behind him and turned to face a Ursarang, its eyes dark purple. "Bring it!"

"Go to sleep, weary traveler," said Leslie. "Ease away your pains." She swung her pendulum in front of the Hiker sitting on the rug. He quickly fell asleep.
"You're getting better!" said Amanda, Leslie's sister. "Hypnosis is a skill of yours, most definitely." Leslie beamed. The Hypno then put her pendulum around her neck, acting as a necklace. When she put it on, she remembered the day she and her sister made it together. She got up. "Wanna grab some lunch?" she asked. "I heard that Allison is making a bunch of Oran Berry sandwiches for half price today!"
"Sure!" said Amanda. "As long as you're paying." She laughed. Leslie sighed. "Alright, I'll pay for it." Amanda and Leslie left their hut. They walked to Amanda's restaurant and held the door open for some other members of their tribe.
"Thank you," they all said. Leslie let Amanda in before her. Before Leslie herself could go in, she heard her friend Kyle running through the roads.
"Hurry! Evacuate!" he shouted. "Humans are coming, and they've got Pokemon!" Kyle saw Leslie and caught up to her. "Leslie, you and Amanda have to go."
"Wait, what's the problem?" she asked.
"The humans heard about the travelers that come through here," Kyle replied. "Rumour has it that we torture them and kill them." Leslie was shocked.
"What makes them think that?"
"The travelers and their Pokemon aren't themselves when they leave here," he said. "But that only started about a couple days ago, so it's definitely not because of us." Leslie stood there in extreme shock. All of a sudden, she sees an Arcanine and Charizard fighting over something. Quickly, the Arcanine uses Flamethrower on the village. This infuriates the Charizard. "I wanted to set the village aflame!" shouted the dragon.
"no way...." said Kyle.
"What's their problem?" shouted Leslie. She noticed all the members of her Hypno tribe were running around. Some weren't moving and were laying on the ground, lifeless. Amanda came out of the door.
"What's going on?" she asked.
"I don't-" started Leslie. She was interrupted by the restaurant being set aflame and Amanda and Kyle disappearing.
"Where did you guys go?!" she shouted. She then saw the Arcanine, looking at her with deep and vicious purple eyes. Leslie got into a fighting stance.
Maybe I can weaken this thing, she thought. Then I'll try to make a break for it for the forest.

Mohac was tired. Tired of running, of hiding, of trying to constantly avoid humans for the sake of his own survival. It was, quite simply put, exhausting. He could not run forever and ever, trying to avoid the humans without end. He had heard a Dratini had done it once, but it must have been very powerful. Mohac was one in a million, one of the few surviving Wyrma. But still, it was tiring.
He missed his old home of the Victory Grotto significantly. There were few places he felt such sanctuary, and he was born and raised there. Now he was on the run, though, and the Grotto was the most predictable place for him to be. There was probably a line of people at the grotto, cameras readied just in case the dragon hopped from the bushes.
So he was running. Presently, he was on some route, slinking deeply into the tall grass so no one saw him. If he were trapped in a Pokéball- well, that's not a good thought. There were few other Pokémon in this vicinity.
And then- there were! A good deal of a huge amount of Pokémon (too many to count, anyway), all snarling at him! However, all of their eyes were a deep, vicious purple. And they seemed to be lead by...
"HAXORUS!" It swung its mighty axe-like jaws, hitting its mark square on. Mohac flew back, his breath knocked from him. All the other minions tackled him and used their most powerful attacks. Mohac was already exhausted. This was way too much. Mohac fainted!

=====================

Mohac woke up to the smell of smoke and a Charizard tussling with an Arcanine. What was happening? He slowly inched toward a group of fainted Drowzee, being tended to by multiple Hypno. They seemed like healers, then, so he slithered over and blacked out, taking a well deserved rest.

"Hypnosis!" shouted Leslie. She spun her pendulum back in forth in front of the Arcanine, putting it to sleep. It won't be asleep for long, thought Leslie. I better check out my hut before I go to the forest. She ran towards her hut. What surprised her, though, was that she saw a Pokemon unlike any that she had seen. A Hypno that she didn't recognize was healing him.
"Hey, Leslie," said the Hypno. "I'm Callie. I'm a good friend of your sister." Callie turned back to the strange pokemon. "Dunno who this is," she said. "He keeps mumbling and said he was a Wyrma." Leslie shook her head. "What's that?" she asked.
"I'm not sure."
"Well, we don't take too kindly to outsiders as of now," said Leslie. She grabbed her pack that had some food it it. "Have you seen Amanda?"
"No, she disappeared, along with Kyle and a bunch of others."
Leslie shed a tear. "Well, I'm going to look for her." She grabbed the Wyrma, threw it over her shoulder, and said, "This thing is going to help me. There's no way that his arrival here is coincidental. If you don't mind, could you try to look for her too? Or, let alone, get out of here."
"i'll try my best, Leslie." said Callie. Leslie then darted out of her hut, passed by a bunch of huts that were aflame, and headed for the forest.

The Rogetta cursed. The Ursarang swung its mighty strenth. Rogue quickly ducked and then performed a Night Slash across the Ursarang's face. It bellowed and stepped back. He landed back on his feet, both of his arm blades still glowing with dark energy.

What is going on? he wondered. Just then, something struck him dead in the chest. It was a blue aura sphere fired by an unseen enemy. He tried catching the aura sphere, but the power of the sphere sent him flying backwards. He cursed as he was sent out of the arena. He struck something in its back and rolled back on his feet. Panting hard, he turned to see what he knocked down. [i}A Haxorus[/i] he recognized the dragon. {i]No doubt viral too[/i]

Just as the Haxorus was recovering, he detected another presence down on the ground a few feet from the Haxorus. It was a Wyrma apparantly and its life force was fading fast. He didn't detect any viral presence in the Wyrma, but was still wary. Its not everyday you see a Wyrma around. he thought. The Haxorus had gotten to his feet and was now in rage. He also detected Ursarang approaching with the unknown enemy.

Crud, I am surrounded. said the Rogetta. Well, I can't afford to lose the Wyrma. He might know something about all this confusing mess. I will fight to my death if I must.

Mohac woke up. He saw a Rogetta, battling it out with an Ursaring. It seemed to be under the same enchantment that the offending Haxorus was, and they... were both together! A nightmare, for lack of better word.
Mohac felt fairly stronger now, or at least strong enough to survive a single blow unlike he had before. Actually, could that have been Guillotine? A question that will remain unanswered forevermore.
The Rogetta looked like he knew what he was doing, but it was only one Pokémon, and a basic staged one at that. Asking it to defeat a Ursaring and Haxorus- alone, mind- would be preposterous. Mohac cracked his own body like a whiplash, bolting forward in reaction. He snapped at the viral beasts repeatedly, flinging himself out of harm's way after each attack.
No doubt, it was a hopeless fight. Two fully evolved Pokémon against two first stages was too much to ask. Mohac looked subtly at Rogetta. He spoke no words, because the expression said enough. We have to get out of here. Fast.

Leslie realized that the Wyrma had not noticed her presence at all. She also saw another strange pokemon she had not seen before.
Who the heck are these Pokemon? thought Leslie. She was sitting behind a tree, spying on the strange pokemon. They were struggling against the Haxorus and Ursaring. She watched as they tried fighting with all their might. Leslie took off her pendulum, started swinging it and whispered "Hypnosis", trying to hypnotize the bear and dragon. They both stopped their attack, and just stood there. They collapsed. Leslie came out from behind the tree and shouted at the Wyrma and the other pokemon. "Well? Aren't you going to finish them off?" she said.

Celeblasdir came running swiftly through the forest. He ran, knocking aside branches and huddling over logs with his short stubby legs. "I doubt even Elven-Ponds can stop this curse" he thought. Suddenly, a cry rang from above: "Straa!". He then felt rushing air coming towards him, and he felt a boom behind him, or at least he thought he did. That sound was his last thought before landing in a clearing, where there were two strange Pokemon. "Hurry" he heard himself mumble. He heard a sharp "raptor! before passing out.

Rogue looked down at the now asleep Ursarang and Haxorus. The unseen enemy seemed gone now. He turned to the others.

"Thanks, I guess,' he said, quietly. The Wyrma was alive, but it used a lot of energy. He nodded at the heroic Hyno as well. "I am Rogue and I only recently evolved from Rogon. Does either of you two know what's going on?"

He cletched his chest from the pain from the aura sphere. "Also, I saw some unrecognizable Pokemon. We should seek refuge somewhere." He wasn't sure if he could trust them. He rarely trusted anybody anymore. Yet, he had no choice but to accept their help. "There is a cave about a quarter mile from here."

"Strange things have been occurring." said Leslie. "An Arcanine and Charizard terrorized my home. They didn't look...natural." She sighed and looked at the two unfamiliar Pokemon. She would have to accept the fact that these strangers would have to become her greatest allies. "So there's a cave nearby?" she asked. "Well, are we going there or not?"

Celeblasdir moaned. When he regained consciousness, he crawled toward a Hypno (at least he thought it was one) and tugged at its leg. "Help" he whispered. He saw two other Pokemon he'd never seen before, or maybe those are just the side effects of the beating the Staraptor gave him. "Please" he said, in a low, raspy voice.

Leslie felt something on her leg. A Squirtle was tugging on her, gasping for air and asking for help. She turned around and saw a Staraptor. She connected the pieces and realized that the bird was terrorizing the turtle. Leslie got into a fighting stance. "Psychic!" a wave of psy was shot at the bird. It fell backward and fainted. She picked up the Squirtle. "Are you okay?"

The Squirtle tried saying "Not really", but he only heard a low, distraught sound coming out of his mouth. "Please, heal; my friends are being attacked" he said. Thankfully, it came out just like he wanted.

Leslie opened her bag, and noticed that she had a bunch of sandwiches in there. She took one out of it and tried giving it to the Squirtle. "I hope you like Oran Berries," she said. "Now eat and tell us all what's going on."

Celeblasdir took the sandwich and started munching on it, and he immediately felt reinvigorated. "Well, better introduce myself" he said as he wiped crumbs from his mouth. "My name is Celeblasdir Bothon Braig, which means Young Fierce Silver Pond Leaf in Elvish. My tribe is composed of Water and Grass types who are very in touch with nature. I'm one of the most recognized, at least by Water types, in terms of being a warrior. We, as Elven-Pokemon, felt the forest disturbed. We started to evacuate the people who couldn't defend themselves, as the forest was acting unnatural. So the whole tribe was divided into groups. The smaller of us were accompanied by at least 5 able-bodied warriors, then the rest scampered off into the forest. I was with my friend Túneth the Piplup. Once the two of us had made it deep enough into the forest, Túneth heard something. We hid our packs near the tree where we were resting, and then a Fearow and the Staraptor from earlier appeared behind us. I noticed these weird, purple eyes. Eventually, Túneth was taken by the Fearow, and you know what happened with the Staraptor. Now I'm here with you guys" finished Celeblasdir between bites.

Rogue nodded at the injured Squirtle. "I could possibly heal your wounds." He led the others to the cve and smiled. "This cave should keep us hidden because I put some Aura Shields around us. No Virals can get in. That's for certain. We must figure out just what is releasing this virus. Who knows what can happen if we don't solve this mystery."

He walked over to a corner and sat in meditation stance, his bloodred eyes closed solemly.

"I think we should rest here for the day," started Celeblasdir, "and then we leave. These 'Virals' you speak of, are they all strong Pokemon? I've never seen, say, a Drowzee as a 'viral'. I just wonder what they're going to do with Túneth..." said the Squirtle with a hint of sadness. "In the meantime, I'm just gonna lay down right here," he pointed to a rock that looked like a bed, "and you can heal me while I sleep".

Rogue nodded in mediatation. "They appear to be stronger then regular Pokemon. Not much is known yet. They appear to be infected by a virus. I have no idea who is releasing them, but we can't stay in the forest for long. I suggest tomorrow at sunrise we head to the human settlement called Rogueport."

He could feel the pain from hunger, but he couldn't show it in front of them. He wasn't sure if he could trust them since his former "master" abandoned him as a Rogon and left him to die. The first chance they get, they all might attack.

"Has the virus been released?" asked the figure draped in black clothing. Agent Kamara nodded.

"Everything is going as planned," she answered. "Soon, the entire region will be filled with Shadow Pokemon."

The cloaked figure seemed pleased. "Have you obtained the gem?" Kamara held up the polished blue stone. "We now have one last thing to do. Drizleon shall be ours."

Last edited:
Rogue opened one of his eyes. "Why do you need to know? I was a wild Rogon until my master caught me and abused me. I was emotionally and physically scarred." He shrugged. "Now I became a Rogetta by his doings."

Back
Top Bottom