• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Christmas Metronome Fights

nastypass

that bitch what arranges the blocks
Pronoun
they/her/hers
The 2008 Christmas Metronome fights

As is tradition within the Dachét region (okay so it's not really a tradition yet, but all traditions have to start somewhere, right?), one of the gym leaders has stepped up to run one of the year's less... conventional tournaments, Metronome. Every year around the holidays, trainers converge on Altoram Island for a little Metronome-related fun to brighten up their winters, Metronome. One by one, the trainers use six pokémon and beat each other up with four of them using only the move Metronome, Metronome.

Due to the potentially devastating nature of the move, and the strange effects results such as, say, a flying Snorlax, can have on the ecosystem, all residents have been evacuated and battlers are encouraged to report any... interesting results via this thread, metronomemetronomemetronomemetronome.​

-This tournament will be in round robin format, so everyone gets to beat up everyone.
-Battles are to be conducted at level 100, 6 vs. 6 over ShoddyBattle.
-Participants are to pm me a team of six they intend to use by January 10th, when sign ups end, and will be required to use four of the six Pokémon sent. Battlers are to make note of the Pokémon used by their opponents and are required to pm them to me within 24 hours of their victory/defeat confirmation post. Pokémon used me are to be sent to Espeon.
-Metronome is the only move to be used in any tournament battle, and any pokémon able to learn it may be used, apart from those on the Wi-Fi League Ban List.
-Due to Metronome's random nature, all clauses apart from hax items and species are considered off.

Participants, Metronome:
1: Espeon- 0W/0L/0T
2: Walker- 0W/0L/0T
3: Negrek- 0W/0L/0T
4: Shiranui- 0W/0L/0T

Last edited:
Looks good, although I have to wonder about species clause being on. Perhaps it might be better to turn it off, seeing as Metronome and Metronome-users can be a little hard to come by (especially if you don't have FRLGE) and people may only be able to fill their teams with Clefable in order to meet the requirement, maybe Snorlax and Togetic/Togekiss if they have the patience and the resources.

Last edited:
True, I suppose I forgot that not everyone has FR/LG, sorry. Turning it off.

i. i am dissappointed. :'(

I guess since even I was late to extend the signups, this will have to get extended to the 26th. If we don't get a decent number of people by then, then... :(

what do you mean it's the 31st

WELL having obtained Kratos' permission I'm letting you all know that I am changing the platform of the tournament in the hopes of getting more people actually willing to do this. The tournament will now be conducted over Shoddybattle. As any Pokémon is easily obtained, species clause is back on. The server competitors conduct battles on is to be decided between them beforehand.

If anyone has any questions, just PM me.

also joining my own tournament woop woop

Posting to make it clear, since apparently it was not cross-posted into this thread, that there is a prize for this tournament. I have a legit, fully EV-trained, level 70 shiny Nasty Plot Togekiss that goes to the winner. Why would you possibly not want this.

...see if I ever try to do anything to entertain you people again.

You do at least have Diamond or Pearl and Wi-Fi, right? This is technically only supposed to be for registered members of the league, but even if we're forgoing that now I can't exactly give you your prize otherwise.

Urk. ._< If I do win, it can go to the person who got 2nd. I'm really only playing (presuming I'm allowed, heh >_<) for the fun of having a metronome battle.

I'm sorry, something's just come up and I'll be away over a large portion of the month. Gaaaah. >_. I can't do this.

:(

It has come to my attention that you can't actually have just four Pokemon in Shoddy, so this will be 6vs6. Also, in battles against me, PM the Pokemon I used to Espeon. :v

Well, I can enter this if it's on Shoddy, although that's kind of lame. D:

Possibly I might have wi-fi by the end of the tournament; otherwise the prize can go to second place if I should finish first... it's not like you're going to be rewarding someone of lesser skill by doing that anyway, as this is a *metronome* tournament and all.

I don't think that I will be able to do this any more. My computer is playing up at the moment, so I won't download it...

Back
Top Bottom