• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Defense of the Homestuck: The Lore

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
I’ve started a Homestuck/Dota 2 crossover fanfic.

It’s a post-Sburb AU where no one died and Prospit and Derse are the equivalent of the Radiant and the Dire. The war only breaks out after Sburb ends.

The premise is, if the characters from Homestuck were the heroes from Dota, what would their lore be?

Chapter 1: Beta Kids

John Egbert, the Windranger

Role: Disabler / Nuker / Support / Escape

A young boy once stood in his bedroom. Then, on one fateful day, he obtained a copy of Sburb, and nothing was ever the same. He entered the game, eventually ascended to the God Tier, and, as the Heir of Breath, gained powers over wind. He continued to hone his powers, until one day, his mastery of "The Windy Thing" reached such an extent that he could harness his wind powers to shoot his hammers like arrows. When the war between the forces of Prospit and Derse broke out, John retrieved his metaphorical arms, entered the fray, and, as one who truly "inherited the wind", soon took up the title of the Windranger. A veritable force of nature, John puts his wind powers to use on the battlefield, and his hammers fly as true as any arrow does.

Rose Lalonde, the Dark Seer

Role: Initiator / Nuker / Escape

Rose had always been rather fond of eldritch horrors and wizardry, but little did she know that one day, she would end up one of them.

As the Seer of Light, Rose helped lead the members of her Sburb team to the new session. After the end of Sburb, the conflict broke out, and at first, Rose was ambivalent. However, one day, a mysterious voice started calling her name. This voice gradually led her down a narrow, dark pathway. At its end was a machine, the likes of which Rose had never seen before. Skeptical of this, Rose attempted to leave, but as she started to leave, the machine opened up and started pulling it towards her with its ultra-high suction. Before she was sucked in, she threw in her Eldritch Princess doll in hopes of stalling the machine. It didn't, and after she emerged from the machine, having been sucked in, she had returned to her grimdark state, but she had now taken on several eldritch features. Now, as the Dark Seer, she uses her dark powers to stop any foe in their tracks.

Dave Strider, the Phantom Assassin

Role: Carry / Escape

Even before he started playing Sburb, Dave had already evidenced a sense of stealth and accuracy, as evidenced by his slicing of an undesired speech bubble. With time, his skill with bladekind and ½bladekind only increased, and before long, he had developed outstanding ability with daggers as well, to the point where his skill with the dagger had surpassed his skill with the blade. Dave didn't think much of this, until one day, when Dave was called upon by an unknown figure to assassinate a Prospitian for a sizable sum. With trepidation, he agreed to it. Although it was not what he had in mind, upon seeing his target, Dave took out his daggers and attacked, then ended it with what could only be termed as a "critical strike". He soon realized that this was really something he could used to. Unbeknownst to him, nobody had even noticed his assassination. To the onlookers, it was as if the Prospitian had been killed by a ghost, thus earning Dave the nickname: "Phantom Assassin".

Jade Harley, the Lycan

Role: Carry / Jungler / Pusher / Durable

When Jade first attempted to prototype her cruxite piñata to enter the medium, Becquerel, her dog (and First Guardian of pre-scratch Earth) went ahead and prototyped himself. Initially, it was completely unknown what the effects of this would be, besides creating Becsprite. It soon grew apparent that an unwinnable session had taken place, and the Scratch had to be initiated. For this to happen, Jade had to ascend to God Tier, fusing herself with Jadesprite, and in the process, taking on the canine characteristics that Becquerel, and later, Becsprite, and then Jadesprite, had. Years in the future (but not many - actually, just two), Jade came under the control of the Condesce and went into a condition that can only be described as "grimbark". After the end of Sburb, Jade retained her grimbark powers. Now, partially human, partially canine, and partially powered by the Condesce, Jade's combative abilities have been greatly enhanced, and she is a true force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

That's it for now. More to come in the future.

Last edited:
Cool ideas. ^^ I hope you don't mind if I come up with some of my own.

I like the idea of Dave being a mix between PA and Weaver, as he does do a lot of time resetting.

Karkat could be Bloodseeker I think. Maybe the rupture is the red miles or something like that?

Vriska is probably Broodmother too, but I might be thinking about this too literally. Or OgreMagi, who is all about the luck skill.

Erm, and maybe Gamzee could be shadow demon, as he corrupts people? Now I am just grasping at straws.

Cool ideas. ^^ I hope you don't mind if I come up with some of my own.

I like the idea of Dave being a mix between PA and Weaver, as he does do a lot of time resetting.

Karkat could be Bloodseeker I think. Maybe the rupture is the red miles or something like that?

Vriska is probably Broodmother too, but I might be thinking about this too literally. Or OgreMagi, who is all about the luck skill.

Erm, and maybe Gamzee could be shadow demon, as he corrupts people? Now I am just grasping at straws.

Actually, you can find out now! I've actually written through Chapter 5 on AO3, but I didn't post them here because I thought nobody was interested, since I had no replies at first.

Also, I've decided to change it a little, and completely replace the Radiant and Dire with Prospit and Derse. Thus, the Radiant is now Prospit, and the Dire is now Derse.

Chapter 2: Beta Trolls: Lowbloods

Aradia Megido, the Death Prophet

Role: Pusher / Nuker / Durable

Before the events of Sgrub, Aradia was merely a ghost, having died in a Flarping accident. As a ghost, she swore revenge upon the one who caused her Flarp partner to lose the use of his legs in that same accident, and summoned spirits to haunt her. During Sgrub, while still in her ghost form, Aradia prototyped herself, and, having been given a physical form, she went to the Land of Maps and Treasure to take revenge. She bludgeoned Vriska, leaving her in great suffering. It was about this time that she was able to see the endings of each timeline, and how each troll would possibly die. She gathered an army from these timelines to fight the Black King, and after the events of Sgrub, her dream self died on her Quest Bed and ascended to God Tier. Later, after out-dueling Jack Noir at the Green Sun, the kids finally beat Sburb, and it was at about this time that Aradia started putting her multi-timeline abilities to use. In the midst of a war such as this, the ghostly spirit powers that Aradia wields will always come in handy, whether she is material or not.

Tavros Nitram, the Fairy Dragon

Role: Initiator / Nuker / Disabler / Escape

Tavros had always been seen as "soft" and "weak", but inside, he had always wanted to be like Pupa Pan (and, to a lesser extent, his lusus, Tinkerbull), take to the skies, leave his wheelchair behind, and fly. After being impaled by Vriska, it appeared that he had died, but barely survived. After Sburb ended, Tavros met with another awful accident that killed him, but as his dream self was still alive, he ascended to God Tier, and this allowed him to live his dream and gain fairy-like wings, and all the powers that came with it. Not only that, but he even gained a dragon-like exterior to go with it.

So much for "soft" or "weak"...

Sollux Captor, the Twin Head Troll

Role: Nuker / Pusher / Lane Support / Disabler

After accidentally consuming some mind honey, Sollux emitted tremendous amounts of red and blue psychic energy from his eyes, destroying both his lusus and much of his hive. Some time later, he dueled Eridan with those psychic abilities. Although he was defeated, the day of the "mind honey incident" seemed to have been forgotten for good. That was until one day, when he made the mistake that would change his life. Coming across a bottle of mind honey, Sollux failed to read the label, thought it was some strange liquid, dipped a finger in it, and licked it. However, this was no ordinary mind honey. This was extra-strength mind honey, and it split his head into two, with a separate think pan in each, and his red and blue psychic powers were changed to powers of frigid ice and blazing fire, and that is how he has remained to this day.

Karkat Vantas, the Legion Commander

Role: Carry / Durable

The leader of the 12 trolls who first played Sgrub, Karkat led the trolls to the brink of the Ultimate Reward, but they were ultimately denied by the prototyped Jack Noir from the beta kids' session. To add insult to injury, Karkat soon discovered that he had given the beta kids' universe cancer, by skipping one frog which had been required to fight the Black King. However, despite these errors, Karkat still continued to be a capable forceful (though emotionally explosive) leader, eventually being designated as the "Legion Commander", but this was put to the test when the post-Sburb war between Prospit and Derse broke out. He had already been through a lot in both his game of Sgrub and the beta kids' Sburb session, and even came from the dead in the alpha kids' session, but nothing had prepared him for this conflict. However, having been through much in both sessions he had played a role in, there is no foe that Karkat fears.

Chapter 3: Beta Trolls: Midbloods

Nepeta Leijon, the Butcher

Role: Durable / Disabler

Behind Nepeta's cutesy exterior is the heart of a killer. Every day, Nepeta would go into the forest, track down the wild beasts, and savagely slaughter them with nothing but her razor-sharp claws and teeth. As if that weren't enough, she goes even further and covers the walls of her cave with their blood. This visceral practiced was only extended, both figuratively and literally, after the events of Sburb, when Nepeta captchalogued the legendary Hook Claws, whose ends could stretch for as far as its user wanted them to, then catch its target in them and pull them towards the user. Having added that to the other item she captchalogued post-Sburb, the Double-Edged Smoke Bombs, Nepeta is now able to not only slice up her foes, but also hook them in. This Rogue of Heart can now both literally and figuratively rip our the hearts (and more besides) of any who threaten her.

Kanaya Maryam, the Timbersaw

Role: Durable / Nuker / Escape

Kanaya is a troll of many facets - a rainbow drinker, an auxiliatrix, a rare jade-blooded troll. However, that still leaves out her most deadly aspect. Right from the days of her team's Hivebent session, Kanaya was always adept with the chainsaw. When Tavros needed to have his legs replaced by robot legs, she was the one who amputated them. She out-dueled Eridan by using her chainsaw, and could easy have done the same to Gamzee. One might think that she had no more enemies to saw down, but such was not the case. When the war between Prospit and Derse erupted, Kanaya was recruited to fight due to her abilities with the chainsaw. She is utterly cold-blooded in combat, and is more than willing to saw her enemies in two if that's what it takes - to her, the gorier, the better.

Terezi Pyrope, the Dragon Knight

Role: Carry / Durable / Disabler / Pusher

After a Flarping accident, Terezi gave up Flarping forever, and instead, shifted to chat-based roleplay. She roleplayed as a vicious dragon, but even though her lusus was a dragon, the path that Terezi was about to embark on was something none could have imagined. While serving as Dave's patron troll and helping the beta kids to beat Sburb, Terezi regained her sight, and, unknown to her, this was the first step on her path to her new role. Later, after the events of Sburb, she discovered an old tome about a famous warrior of centuries ago, the Teal Warrior, who had a true passion for justice, and who had a dragon as his lusus. The story came with a prophecy: the one born of teal blood and with a dragon lusus, who desires justice and order, is the Teal Warrior's true heir. Upon finding this out, Terezi realized that she was more than likely the one whom the prophecy all those years ago was about. She knew that there was only one thing to do now: go into combat and prove her worth as the fulfilment of the prophecy. As the self-styled "Dragon Knight", Terezi's passion for the law is only surpassed by her fighting prowess.

Vriska Serket, the Broodmother

Role: Pusher / Carry / Escape

With eight pupils and a spider lusus, Vriska already had several spider-like characteristics, so much so that she was nicknamed "Spidertroll" or even "Spiderbitch". Conniving and manipulative, Vriska has no qualms about causing harm to others to further her own cause, and, as much as she can, tries to hold to her belief of having "all the luck". She has since channeled these traits into combat. Before the war started, as a God Tier, Vriska continued to climb the echeladder, to the point where she started to develop interesting, and potent, spider-related abilities. She developed, among others, the power to spawn tiny spiders and use them to attack her enemies, and the ability to drain her foes' blood when she sinks a spider bite into them. Machiavellian to the very end, Vriska knows that there is a glorious reward lying at the very end of this, and she will take down all the enemies who try to stop her. All of them.

Last edited:
Ah, Karkat as Legion makes much more sense. XD I forgot about her for some reason.
Can't wait to see the other kids, if you are doing them. :D

Ah, Karkat as Legion makes much more sense. XD I forgot about her for some reason.
Can't wait to see the other kids, if you are doing them. :D

I actually intend to do one for every sentient character in Homestuck. However, that still makes about 60. So, for the last 50-ish characters, I'll just put them in the last chapter. They'll all have no description and names of my own derivation because, well, they only exist for the purposes of this fic, and I guess you'll just have to "accept this and move on". :P

Seriously though, I will be doing the other characters, so stay tuned! :)

Oh, and just for fun:

AC: :33 < fresh meat!

Chapter 4: Beta Trolls: Highbloods

Equius Zahhak, the Tinker

Role: Nuker / Pusher

Despite his almost superhuman (or supertroll, rather) strength, what Equius always liked most of all was building robots and robotic parts. After building the robots, he would duel them in cage matches, but this never fully satisfied his desires to defeat those who were unworthy - the lowbloods. However, a while after the post-Sburb was started, the army recruiters noted that Equius' overwhelming strength and skill with building robots would both be helpful, but it was soon discovered that the war had reach such a late stage that if Equius focused on both, it would be unhelpful to whichever side he ended up on. Having to choose just one, he ultimately stepped into a combat suit that sacrificed his strength, but augmented his skill with robots. Although he misses being incredibly STRONG, he knows that in this war, it will be his smarts and know-how that will lead him and his army to victory.

Gamzee Makara, the Chaos Knight

Role: Carry / Durable / Disabler / Pusher

Initially, Gamzee was thought to be a troll who had no regard for blood caste, despite his purple blood. Consuming sopor slime pies had kept him that way, but when he ran out and became sober, he realized that he was a descendant of the High Subjugglators, and believed that he was the messiah of his religion, and was destined to kill everyone in sight. He was eventually tamed by Karkat, but not for long. Gamzee soon starting abusing Terezi and becoming more self-involved and self-righteous, as he believed that the Alpha kids' session was how he would become a Subjugglator. What he didn't realize was by doing this, he was slowly turning into a force of pure chaos, a being who has no concept of good and evil morality, one that only served the causes of his beliefs. After Sburb ended, Gamzee discovered that he was turning into a pure agent of chaos within a troll's body. Gamzee added another new belief: that the true Mirthful Messiah, which he was, was also the fundamental force of chaos: the Chaos Knight.

Eridan Ampora, the Nightcrawler

Role: Escape

In Alternia, the sea-dwelling trolls are the of the highest blood castes. As a violet-blooded troll, Eridan is one step below royalty. However, one day, Eridan made the mistake of being far too overbearing with Feferi, a royal-blooded fuchsia-blood troll, thus ruining their moirallegiance. Later, Eridan attempted to convince Feferi and Sollux to join Jack Noir after Hivebent ended, but they refused. Having failed to execute his plan, after the events of Sburb, Eridan was thrown into the the deepest, darkest underwater prison. While there, he reached a point where he felt so alone that he was basically invisible - for that was what he had become. All that time spent hidden away from Alternian society had, slowly but surely, allowed him to develop invisibility powers, and control them at will. Having felt that he was wronged back then, Eridan is now channeling his sense of injustice, misplaced though it may be, to wreak havoc on the battlefield.

Feferi Peixes, the Naga Siren

Role: Carry / Disabler / Pusher / Escape

As the heiress to the Alternian throne, Feferi is technically of the highest rank of the twelve Beta trolls. However, she never had any intentions to rule like a tyrant, but rather, redefine the word "cull" to refer to caring for the unfit. She also had the most powerful Lusus - Gl'bgolyb, the emissary to the Horrorterrors. On more than one occasion, Gl'bgolyb whispered prophecies and other vital, arcane information to Feferi. It was said that if Gl'bgolyb were ever to raise her voice to the point where she released the "Vast Glub", it would bring about the destruction of the Alternian galaxy, sparing only Feferi and her ancestor. When Gl'bgolyb released the Vast Glub, however, it only killed off the lusii and most, but not all, trolls. Gl'bgolyb also perished releasing the Vast Glub from the sheer amount of energy emitted. However, before the Vast Glub, Feferi had been told one thing by Gl'bgolyb: how to use a microscopic version of the Glub to her advantage. To others, Feferi's version just sounds like a strange song, but its effects can be just as deadly upon its target. Equipped with this new weapon, and more besides, Feferi is a very much more formidable force than she appears to be.

Last edited:
Chapter 5: The Basilisk's Tale

(A/N: Before the main part of the chapter, I'll just post some other stuff first. There's no story to them, but they're all fairly obvious as to why, except for one. For that one, you're just gonna have to accept this and move on.)

Salamanders/Turtles/Crocodiles - Small Creeps
Iguanas/Imps - Medium Creeps
Ogres/Liches - Large Creeps
Giclopses/Angels - Ancient Creeps
Peregrine Mendicant - Courier/Flying Courier
Sprites - Shopkeepers

Sylladex - Item slots
Alchemizing - Combining items to get better items
Grist - Gold

The Basilisk's Tale

Basilisks are renowned as the toughest enemies in Sburb, but many of them were wiped out by Sburb and Sgrub players. All except for one. One particular Basilisk was the guardian of the Aegis of the Immortal, which allows its bearer to return to life, should its bearer die. Many a warrior has fought this Basilisk for the prize of the Aegis, and many have claimed the Aegis and slain the Basilisk.

However, the force of the Aegis is such that over all this time guarding the Aegis, the Basilisk has developed permanent immortality of its own due to constant exposure to the effects of the Aegis, but it doesn't respawn immediately after dying - for the Basilisk, it takes a little more time.

Do you dare challenge this most powerful of beasts for this most valuable reward?

Chapter 6: Alpha Kids

Jane Crocker, the Witch Doctor

Role: Support / Disabler

After the Scratch, a new group of Sburb players emerged, and Jane was one of them. At first, her session seemed to be fairly normal, but soon, she and her fellow players discovered that they had entered a void session. After entering and exiting Trickster Mode, Jane fell under the Condesce's control. Not long after, the Condesce had her demonstrate her powers of both destruction and healing upon Karkat. Later on, the Condesce bestowed her with even more powers, including one that allowed Jane to summon a death ward with as much offensive firepower as any individual powers or spells could muster. There's much more to Jane than "the lifey thing", even though many of her powers may have come from a dark source, but as of now, she wouldn't have it any other way.

Roxy Lalonde, the Brewmaster

Role: Carry / Disabler / Initiator / Pusher

No one ever regarded Roxy as anything more than an absent-minded, though well-meaning, perpetual alcoholic. However, some time after she entered Sburb, she was taken as a prisoner by the Condesce. She first attempted to use a ring left behind by the Courtyard Droll to escape. However, after some Trickster Mode shenanigans, Roxy was put back in jail. It was during this second, longer stint in prison that she was able to hone her combative abilities. One day, an unknown hitman gained access to the interior of the jail cell and attempted to kill Roxy. However, Roxy, who was drunk again, confronted the invader, and was able to both avoid his attacks and deal out critical strikes. It was fairly easy for Roxy to finish him off, but the intense combat unlocked a power within her that she didn't know she had. She could now combine her void powers and her constant drunken state to divide herself into three elemental forms at the same time. Realizing that this would be useful in combat, when the post-Sburb war between Prospit and Derse commenced, she was recruited without a second thought, and she hasn't looked back since.

Now, just where did she leave her martini?

Dirk Strider, the Juggernaut

Role: Carry / Pusher

Only the most skilled and formidable warriors are permitted to have Yaldabaoth as a denizen. Dirk is one such warrior. Whether wielding the Unbreakable Katana or the Cutlass of Zillywair, there isn't a blade which Dirk is uncomfortable with. Due to being centuries farther ahead in the timeline than nearly everyone else, Dirk was forced to train his blade skills by dueling against combat robots. This self-imposed training led to a point where Dirk was able to read the motions of nearly any foe before they even struck. Having been through many a skirmish, both self-imposed and not, Dirk may be the most powerful of the four Alpha kids, as far as combat is concerned.

Jake English, the Drow Ranger

Role: Carry

Originally, Jake's strife specibus, 2xpistolkind, was standard pistols with standard bullets, but an accident that turned out to be fairly fortunate changed that. After being forcibly healed by Aranea, his powers overcharged to the extent that Jade had to use her God Tier powers to replace pre-war Derse with the Land of Frost and Frogs. After dueling Jade, Jake was later left stranded on LOFAF. However, while on LOFAF, he fell into a frozen river, clutching his pistols while doing so. When he surfaced, however, he was miraculously unharmed, except for one thing: the frigid waters had turned his skin pale blue. After coming to grips with this color change, he tried shooting his pistols. He was still an expert marksman, but the bullets that they shot were now laced with ice. After the war started, Jake joined the combat, and took up the title of the "Drow Ranger". Not even Jake knows what "Drow" means, but that matters not - what matters is his pinpoint accuracy and finesse with the icy pistols.

Chapter 7: Alpha Trolls: Lowbloods

Damara Megido, the Queen of Pain

Role: Nuker / Escape / Carry

Claiming to be from East Beforus, Damara attempted to sabotage the alpha trolls' Sgrub session, only cooperating when the Scratch was to be initiated. Although no one completely understood her dialogue, she often referred to performing unspeakable acts, and had circumstances been right, she would have partaken in them without a second thought. Then one day, she got her chance. Damara got the opportunity to indulge in certain acts - so carnal and visceral that they cannot be spoken of here. One of these acts, inflicted upon Rufioh, was something which cannot be printed, but can only be described as "Jamesian". A long time later, the war broke out. Damara was soon recruited, as she was believed to know how to use her "experience" to defeat foes as well as...

Rufioh Nitram, the Centaur Warrunner

Role: Durable / Disabler / Initiator

Rufioh is no ordinary centaur. It all started when he had a "run-in" with Damara. After this "incident", he was left in such a state that he could no longer walk, or even move. Thus, Rufioh received a temporary mechanical body, which was horse-shaped, to facilitate movement. Eventually, he returned to his normal body, or so he thought. Years in the future (but not many), the effects of the horse-shaped body started to take effect. It turned out that the chemicals used to build the body had seeped into Rufioh's system, slowly changing him into a permanent centaur. Ostracized by the rest of his society and looked upon as a freak, he gradually used his new body as a possible tool in warfare. Hoping to get revenge on those who mocked him, Rufioh entered the battlefield, eager to prove himself once and for all.

Mituna Captor, the Templar Assassin

Many yellow-blooded trolls have psychic powers, but Mituna's psychic powers are on a completely different level to all other yellow-blooded trolls there have been. As the Heir of Doom, he could even use his powers to observe the future and avoid the troubles ahead. Unfortunately, none on his Sgrub team took his warnings seriously. One day, disaster struck. The nature of the incident has been lost to time, but what is known is that Mituna used up a great deal of his psychic powers to save the rest of his team. It initially appeared that Mituna had permanently lost the use of his abilities in this incident. Then one day, Mituna came across a strange helmet with a red and blue visor. This helmet not only gradually restored his psychic powers, but also re-formed them so that he could use his powers both for offense and defense. Besides that, the helmet also funneled information about the deepest secrets of Beforus into him. Equipped with both restored power and acquired knowledge, Mituna is as well-rounded a warrior as they come.

Kankri Vantas, the Holy Knight

Role: Support / Jungler / Pusher

A fervent devotee of the Church of the Sole Journey, during the Alpha trolls' Sgrub session, Kankri attempted to unite his team members through his proselytizing and lectures, but none of the other trolls would listen to him. In spite of this, he held firm to his beliefs, but conflicts started within the group when he started feuding with Porrim, who was also in the Church, regarding which issues should be prevalent and how militant they should be. Due to this, a schism developed, and Kankri started the Church of Sole Journey Wanderers, and declared himself its High Priest. Upon realizing that virtually none agreed with his stance, Kankri took the militant, fanatic path and started attacking those who disagreed with his views. His critics mockingly nicknamed him the "Holy Knight", but Kankri took to this moniker without a second thought, for he truly believes that the path of the Sole Journey Wanderer is the one true path, and all who stand in its way shall be slain.

Chapter 8: Alpha Trolls: Midbloods

Meulin Leijon, the Stealth Assassin

One night, when Meulin lay down to sleep beside her matesprit, Kurloz, a truly terrifying nightmare struck Kurloz. It was so frightening that Kurloz could only scream at the top of his voice, a scream that would go on to be known as the "Vast Honk". After experiencing the Vast Honk, Meulin lost all traces of her hearing. However, being deaf ended up having some perks to it. Losing her hearing made Meulin depend more on her other senses. She was soon able to sense the movements of others around her, blend into the background, act accordingly to prevent being seen, in a real cat-like manner, and if it were a foe or target of some sort, she would strike when least expected. Such was her level of stealth and furtiveness that one day, Meulin discovered that she had developed the ability to turn invisible at will. Meulin may not be able to hear any more, but her instincts and senses on the battlefield are a veritable radar, due to her remarkable powers of stealth and invisibility.

Porrim Maryam, the Omniknight

Role: Durable / Lane Support / Support

Porrim would rather not be here in battle, but the way events worked out, she realized that she had no choice.

At the beginning of the Alpha trolls' Sgrub session, Porrim and Kankri were both fervent believers in the Creed of the Church of the Sole Journey. However, a feud started been her and Kankri over core beliefs and level of militance. Porrim preferred a more gentle, rational approach, but Kankri was in favour of an all-out, militant method. Thus, a schism developed, and while Kankri left to start the Church of Sole Journey Wanderers, Porrim remained a devotee of the Church of the Sole Journey, and eventually became its High Priest, just as Kankri was in his church. All seemed normal for a while, but soon, although Kankri and his church's devotees were fewer than Porrim's, they were far more militant and fanatic, and started attacking Porrim, her followers, and her church, both verbally, physically, and even by way of exposing Porrim's personal information to humiliate her publicly. Sensing that she had no choice but to fight back, Porrim unleashed her inner warrior and entered the fray. Unlike Kankri, she does not claim that her beliefs are the one true path, but she will defend them to her death.

Mituna Captor, the Templar Assassin
Latula Pyrope, the Gyrocopter

Role: Disabler / Initiator / Nuker

An avid skater, Latula's skills on the board eventually led her to be a part of the conflict between Prospit and Derse. One day, she saw a sign with the following inscription: "TO THE ULTIMATE SKATEBOARDER: The ultimate skateboard, if you are worthy to receive it." Latula didn't need a second invitation, and decided to go to try to win the rights to the ultimate skateboard. After unleashing a barrage of her best moves, the powers that be decided that Latula was worthy of the Ultimate Skateboard, for never had they seen any who had quite the repertoire that Latula had. The Ultimate Skateboard was no ordinary skateboard - indeed, it was more like a war plane, with its capabilities of flight and a few buttons which could be pushed to fire various kinds of missiles. When the war first broke out, Latula decided to jump right in, wanting more opportunities to show off what she's capable of on the board. To her, the fact that this board can fly and shoot missiles make no difference - it's still a skateboard, just different from the usual.

Kankri Vantas, the Holy Knight
Aranea Serket, the Shadow Priest

Role: Support / Lane Support

After healing Terezi's blindness, Aranea's powers of healing became legendary. Coupled with her psychic abilities, it led to many wondering just how she did it. One group which shared this curiosity was a cult known as the Shadow Priests, who felt that Aranea's unique powers would be a real asset to their cause, and thus, kidnapped her. Although she attempted to escape, the Shadow Priests' superior power overwhelmed Aranea's psychic powers, and prevented her escape. After taking Aranea to their base, the Shadow Priests gave Aranea a choice: become a Shadow Priest, or die. Aranea chose the former. Upon becoming a Shadow Priest, the other Priests amplified Aranea's healing powers. When once she could only heal a particular target, now she could use this same power to either heal her allies or attack her enemies. Where Beforus' own "Dr. Death" draws her powers from is unknown, except to Aranea herself, but to her, that is completely irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom