• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Song Choice Mafia II [Innocent Win]

Re: Song Choice Mafia II

It would be helpful if more people participated in discussions, I think. Especially the inspector, who for all we know has sniffed out another mafia member.

As a matter of fact, yes, Mr. Brightside.

Either I'm the paranoid cop (I can't be insane cop because I was right about Zora), or I got really lucky again. Either way, I still think him turning up as mafia is a better lead than anything at this point.

Mr. Brightside

Vote changed.

If I die tonight it may or may not be HighMoon having a grudge. :P

Are we not paranoid about yiran at this point? Somehow I think he is trying to keep himself off the chopping block. I understand that we all are, but he has jumped up once already pointing at HighMoon without anything to prove her innocent or guilty. I feel yiran is trying to hide something, whatever it is, it must be something good/bad.

yiran said:
Really, you'd think Set Fire to the Rain was a violent enough song to get you to be mafia... :P

If Coloursfall is doing this the way HighMoon was, then the song title may have nothing to do with the role. Most Mafia's like this, where you pick something to be your role, have some bit of sneakiness about them. So, the song may have nothing to do with the song.

And I just checked back on the sign-ups, Set Fire to the Rain is your song. Now that sentence is suspicious to me. I understand that you are a bit new to the forum version of Mafia, but I still am suspicious.

yiran

Are we not paranoid about yiran at this point? Somehow I think he is trying to keep himself off the chopping block. I understand that we all are, but he has jumped up once already pointing at HighMoon without anything to prove her innocent or guilty. I feel yiran is trying to hide something, whatever it is, it must be something good/bad.

If Coloursfall is doing this the way HighMoon was, then the song title may have nothing to do with the role. Most Mafia's like this, where you pick something to be your role, have some bit of sneakiness about them. So, the song may have nothing to do with the song.

And I just checked back on the sign-ups, Set Fire to the Rain is your song. Now that sentence is suspicious to me. I understand that you are a bit new to the forum version of Mafia, but I still am suspicious.

yiran

...When there's a lead by the cop. Yeah.

Please explain how that makes me suspicious, I don't get your logic. Your feelings don't make much sense to me.

And of course I'm not just going to out my role (even if it is really minor), because that would just be plain stupid, especially since I'm not in the threat of death.

To be honest from your other posts I deduce that this is the way you'd act normally and you're not trying to get me off because you are a mafia think I'm a non-mafia and a threat. After the cop leads my prime suspect's still HighMoon. SO LYNCH HER IF I DIE MUHAHAHAHA. (Unless there's a lead)

Yeah the roles are based on the lyrics themselves and may have nothing to do with the titles. To be honest the lyrics for HighMoon's song don't seem very mafia-ish to me, striking me more of a vigilante kinda role. But I'm not going to rely on that knowledge.

...Wow, what a stroke of luck.

Mr. Brightside

Actually I did really have anything to say, so I ended up hamming it up on the starting day post jut t get things rolling (plus in the beginning Colours said that if we rp,she may join in too, so tried to kick start that as well). Mainly, in the past mafias I've been in i found that I tend to not be very active and just float there while watching what happens. This is a habit I`m trying to break, because i want to be more active, even if I have to force my activity with silly little posts like above.

But more than not, whenever I do force my activity with silly little posts, I end up on the chop block when really all i did was just try to be active and get the ball rolling.

By the way yiran, thanks for that last bit there. Now if the mafia does kill you, everyone will think it was me and I'll wind up back on the chopblock again unless the inspector finds another mafia to save my butt. Quite the little smoke screen you created for them.

On another note, I'll go with the cop on this one.
Mr. Brightside

Ahh I missed the last day phase and now I'm late to this one. ):

But it sounds like Mr. Brightside is the best way to go according to the discussion? Hope the cop doesn't turn out to be paranoid.

Sorry for being inactive. I was at Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. :D

Jumpin' on the Mr. Brightside bandwagon, then.

(apologies, I worked late today!)

The long day drags on, but soon they have their target. Mr Brightside is pulled to the velvet curtain, where he is bound with wire from the fallen spotlight and left there. The Beast makes his appearance very soon after, blue claws flashing in the light, slicing through flesh and bone before dragging the song away.

Mr Brightside is dead. He was mafia. 24 Hours.

A loud bang wakes the songs.

They all rush to the stage, still in their nightclothes, only to find Bullet For Your Dreams standing over a bleeding body. The song's face is steeled, both her pistols smoking, and a pool of blood spreading rapidly from the near-dead song. She growls low, seemingly oblivious to the awed gathering she has acquired.

"Stand up and walk the way you talk!"

Four more shots ring out, as she finishes emptying her guns into the body. She then turns, her face stained with tears, and walks past the gathering, to another body... Deconstruction is laying limply there, a cane-blade right through his chest. Bullet For Your Dreams kneels down and pulls his head into her lap.

"Like you could die for it..."

She stands again, and drops both of her spent guns, swinging one arm.

"It's over now. Show yourself."

The flaming mistress of the Showhouse materializes in centre stage, casting a warm glow.

"Congratulations."

Vehement Mustelid is dead. He was Innocent.
RespectTheBlade is dead. He was Mafia.

Innocents Win!

Roles:

Bullet for your Dreams - Hedley: HighMoon
"We've got the noise, no way to silence it,
don't let them block out your voice we're so sick and tired of it!
It's not okay, we've had enough of it.
Playing dead for so long don't make you innocent!
I won't walk away,
i got a lot to say..."

ROLE: Rebel - You have a strong sence of justice...but an unjust death can just...set you off. When Play On (Applejack) dies, you gain the ability to make a kill every even-numbered night. / QUALITY: Two-Faced - When inspected, you show up the same alignment as the inspector. / BONUS: Unblockable - Your night action cannot be stopped by any means. / ALIGNMENT: Town

Limelight - Rush: Sunflower
"Living on a lighted stage
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage"

ROLE: Nexus - You passively redirect night actions that target you to a random other player. / QUALITY: One-Shot Bulletproof - You shrug of a single attempt on your life made during the night. / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

You Lie - The Band Perry: Zora
"So why you lookin' so nervous,
You know you're gonna deserve this.
I oughta kill you right now and do the whole wide world a service."

ROLE: Mafia Don - You head the Mafia, preform the kills, and have final say in deciding who dies. Your partners are RTB and Mr. Brightside. / QUALITY: Voteless - You may not vote during the day phase, though you may post like you are voting - it will not be counted, however. You still count toward your side Controlling the Vote, however. / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Mafia

Tragic Magic - Falling in Reverse: Light
"Oh, bruised and broken
My eyes are open
I won't lose focus
My eyes are open
Can you see in the distance
Can you see the resistance
We will rise, rise against them,
From the start, rise against them."

ROLE: Phoenix - once during the game, during the night, you may select one dead player and they will be brought back to the game, and they may participate as usual again. / QUALITY: N/A / BONUS: Reborn - once during the game, if you are killed, you come back at the start of the next phase. However, you may not cast votes (though you may post like you are voting - it will not be counted) in the day phase or use your night action after you are born again. / ALIGNMENT: Town

There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey. You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet - Panic! At the Disco: RespectTheBlade
"When you're in black slacks with accentuating, off-white, pinstripes
Whoa, everything goes according to plan.
I'm the new cancer, never looked better, you can't stand it.
Because you say so under your breath.
You're reading lips "When did he get all confident?""

ROLE: Mafia Goon - you are second in command under You Lie (Zora of Termina) and alongside Monster (Mr. Brightside). If she dies, you take over the night kills. / QUALITY: N/A / BONUS: Tracker - once a night, you can pick one player and learn who they have targeted with their night action, if any, but not what that action was. / ALIGNMENT: Mafia

Set Fire to the Rain - Adele: yiran
"I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
Where it felt something die
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time!"

ROLE: Vanilla - aside from your Quality, you have no special action during night or day. / QUALITY: Beloved - if you are killed during the night, the next day phase is skipped. / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

Monster - Skillet: Mr. Brightside
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
I keep it caged
But I can't control it"

ROLE: Usurper - You can only win the game if two conditions are fufillied - the usual Mafia victory, and the Don has died. If the Don outlives you or if the Don lives to endgame, you lose even if the rest of the Mafia wins. / QUALITY: / BONUS: / ALIGNMENT: Mafia

Deconstruction - Devin Townsend: Vehement Mustelid
"So, with art without heart,
We will never know the songs!"

ROLE: Inspector - once a night, you may target one player and find their alignment - mafia or town. / QUALITY: Ascetic - you are immune to all night actions aside from those that would cause your death. / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

Already Over - Red: Gym Leader Shizui
"You never go,
You're always here, suffocating me...
Under my skin,
I cannot run away,
Fading slowly..."

ROLE: Universal Backup - you take on the role of the first non-mafia power role that dies, preformign as that role normally would. You don't copy any Qualities or Bonuses that player had. / QUALITY: N/A / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

Play On - Carrie Underwood: Applejack
"Even though it's the storm on the darkest night,
Don't you ever give up the fight!
Even when you feel you're all alone,
Play on..."

ROLE: Doctor - you may choose one player a night and guard them from any one attempt on their life. You may not target yourself with this action. / QUALITY: Compulsive - You must send a night action every night - failing to do so may end in your death, and you cannot choose 'no action'. / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

Nobody Loves You Like Me - Jonathan Coulton: Flareth

"I shouldn't stay, I think you'll agree
It's no good for you, no better for me
In the morning I'll go to a place far away
Somewhere you'll never find me"

ROLE: Hider - every even-numbered night, you may choose to hide yourself - there is a 50% chance you will avoide all actions targeting you if you do. / QUALITY: Untrackable - you will not offer up reults to anyone trying to find out your alignment or see where you've been. / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

Wake Up - Awolnation: Glace
"Well it's nice to meet you
Do you have a name?
'Cause I would like to teach you, baby"

ROLE: Lightningrod - once during the game, you may choose to take all night actions preformed that night in the place of their usual targets. / QUALITY: N/A / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

Put a Banana In Your Ear: J. Squirtles Addams

ROLE: Jailer - once a night, you may select one player and lock them up, preventing them from using any night actions of being targeted by any night actions. / QUALITY: Miller - you show up mafia when Inspected. / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

I Love Everything - Jackle App: Zero Moment

"What is this place
filled with so many wonders?
Casting its spell
That I am now under."

ROLE: Innocent Child - at any point during the game you may contact the GM, who will post in the main thread to confirm your Town-aligned status. / QUALITY: N/A / BONUS: N/A / ALIGNMENT: Town

I'm not even kidding, RTB was my last inspection victim.

Despite being dead, I still count this as a personal victory for correctly guessing all 3 mafia members in a row.

Okay that was some of the worst luck I have ever seen a mafia side go through.

Vehement Mustelid is best inspector.

*dance* I can't believe I nailed the last mafia, this is so cool.

Short game was short but man it was interesting at least. Man, you are a natural at this game VM

Back
Top Bottom