• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

I agree. But it's pink and has ribbons and flowers. No matter what your argument is, the ratio will probably be predominantly female. I was only suggesting something, I really see no need to get pushy.
We're just pointing out that your argument that it will probably be predominantly female is flawed, because "it's pink/has ribbons, therefore female" isn't actually how animals (or, therefore, Pokémon) work. I mean, it could turn out that way for some reason, but you don't appear to be arguing simply that it theoretically could, but that it should (which is kind of dodgy and sexist) or probably will (which, for the aforementioned reasons, isn't really true). Disagreeing and saying why isn't being pushy.

People are somewhat more pushy about the potential triggeriness of insisting on gender conformity (i.e. the should argument you appeared to be making), but that's because it potentially hurts people.

Maybe there'll be a new Girly-type and then all the icky pink and/or flowery Pokemon can be grouped together under a banner, and all the proper (not-Girly) Pokemon can be all the other types!

They're birds and can learn Fly (yes, I know ostriches can't fly, but they're still birds.)
comic188.png

I don't see how Sylveon looks any more feminine than Espeon. I mean, personally, I usually associate Espeon with female despite its 7:1 male:female ratio, and I see no reason why Sylveon can't or shouldn't be the same way.

Last edited:
tweet from Pokemon: "Happy Valentine's Day Trainers! Our heartfelt gift to you is a first look at Sylveon, a newly discovered evolution of Eevee! What type do you think this Pokémon is?"

They really, really enjoy this, don't they?

tweet from Pokemon: "Happy Valentine's Day Trainers! Our heartfelt gift to you is a first look at Sylveon, a newly discovered evolution of Eevee! What type do you think this Pokémon is?"

They really, really enjoy this, don't they?

Sylveon confirmed to be a Love-type.

People really think it'll be steel type? I mean, I guess we've had pink steel types before, but this doesn't look like it's wrapped in garbage and it has cute billowy ribbons...

I think some people equate "sylveon" with silver and therefore the steel-type.

I don't think it will be dragon but some part of me really wants it to be dragon. My only arguments are a). the typings of the eeveeloutions correspond with gen III special types and b). look at altaria.

Maybe there'll be a new Girly-type and then all the icky pink and/or flowery Pokemon can be grouped together under a banner, and all the proper (not-Girly) Pokemon can be all the other types!

Flowery? What does that mean about the Gen I Rafflesias?

Anyway, since its Japanese name apparently relates to nymphs, it might be Normal (the type that covers cutesy pink weirdness) and learn Attract by level up. But since it's apparently the lightest of them... Maybe Flying? Or Ghost?

Back
Top Bottom