• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SSB4 player chosen DLC characters

Catkibbles#310

Pronoun
he
In the recent nintendo direct it has been announced that you can now put forward a ballot for 'a' character (think people will go through their list of wanted characters)
Funny that this comes after last years “there will be no DLC after Mewtwo”

now which character (or 5) to vote for......

I put down Krystal because I've been saying since before Brawl that she's a good choice for a Starfox character.

Even though I'm a Princess Daisy fanboy, I think Krystal is a more realistic choice.

I want to end the "Pokemon VS Digimon" debate once and for all, so I wrote in Agumon. Plus, Bandai technically doesn't have a rep (Namco has PAC-Man).

I want a Grass starter Pokemon as a playable character, so I voted Serperior. I doubt it's going to happen, but I CAN DREAM.

I put down Krystal because I've been saying since before Brawl that she's a good choice for a Starfox character.

Even though I'm a Princess Daisy fanboy, I think Krystal is a more realistic choice.
That would definitely appeal to the furry demographic.

I think a grass starter would be good my guess would be with Sceptile since its relevant with ΩRαS, although a snake that shoots leaves and whacks things with vines sound pretty cool
My list of characters I can see having a higher chance: King K.ROOL, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Sceptile, Tetra

Some that I think would have a lower chance: Midna & wolf link (think of it as Duck hunt duo that has twilight magic instead of explosives), a F-Zero character Black shadow or Samurai Goroh would be more likely but I'd like Pico the assassin turtle alien, Silux from Metroid Prime hunters
SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM OVERLOADING WITH CHARACTER IDEAS!!!

How about MegaMan's nemesis Dr. Wily? He would be a good choice sine we already have his castle stage the Rock monster and Mega Man. Why not finish with the evil villain?:)

Not sure if you guys heard this but the codes for Mewtwo can now be bought for $3.99 or $4.99 depending on your version of Smashbros. They might do this in the future so keep your eyes peeled as it looks like future codes we will have to buy. Weird.:(

Not sure if you guys heard this but the codes for Mewtwo can now be bought for $3.99 or $4.99 depending on your version of Smashbros. They might do this in the future so keep your eyes peeled as it looks like future codes we will have to buy. Weird.:(

...that's the definition of DLC.

But yeah, those are the prices. I believe people who bought both games get their codes first and then Mewtwo is released to the general public.

Yeah but paying for digital numbers for a code is wrong. Why not include them in the game leaflets like they did for registration of the games for club Nintendo? When you buy the game you would get the code anyway and the code would be safer that way. By selling them like this makes them vulnerable of being hacked. People can easily hack these codes this way. Selling them in the game cases is better than doing it this way. Nintendo does not realize this but doing this puts them at risk of being hacked in the future.:(

Why not include them in the game leaflets like they did for registration of the games for club Nintendo?

a) DLC as a concept is, for the most part, about buying extra features. A few games have free DLC but this is one that doesn't

and b) then the people who already bought one wouldn't get one, and since a lot of stores let you look inside game boxes nowadays (gamestop does, unless it's packaged with somethin' else) you could just as easily snag the code from there!

Yeah but paying for digital numbers for a code is wrong. Why not include them in the game leaflets like they did for registration of the games for club Nintendo? When you buy the game you would get the code anyway and the code would be safer that way. By selling them like this makes them vulnerable of being hacked. People can easily hack these codes this way. Selling them in the game cases is better than doing it this way. Nintendo does not realize this but doing this puts them at risk of being hacked in the future.:(

The thing is, most paid DLC is developed after the games are already launched - that is, the decision to make it in the first place comes too late for such codes to be put on the boxes. Also, the money you have to pay for them finances their creation.

And, for that matter, Club Nintendo is not very vulnerable to getting hacked, and they have security measures to prevent this, like all credible websites (including banks, which presents a good example of this taken to its logical extreme). In effect, hacking Club Nintendo in order to steal codes is probably more difficult than breaking into a store and just stealing all the games, especially without getting caught.

The thing is, most paid DLC is developed after the games are already launched - that is, the decision to make it in the first place comes too late for such codes to be put on the boxes. Also, the money you have to pay for them finances their creation.

And, for that matter, Club Nintendo is not very vulnerable to getting hacked, and they have security measures to prevent this, like all credible websites (including banks, which presents a good example of this taken to its logical extreme). In effect, hacking Club Nintendo in order to steal codes is probably more difficult than breaking into a store and just stealing all the games, especially without getting caught.
Incidentally, the people who have gamed Club Nintendo have been banned and had games they stole (via coins they didn't earn) removed from their accounts.

Guys it is just numbers and letters for a in game character. Why pay money for a character and download it IF you already bought the game and missed the event?:)

That's not how DLC works. The content in question is often developed after the game is released, so it would be impossible to provide codes for it with the game (among other reasons why it's done).

Though remember than Club Nintendo wasn't available everywhere in the first place - which is something the "oh just let people do it though Club Nintendo" people seem to not consider/know (not speficially directed at you, more at the general "oh let's just do everything though club nintendo" attitude - as a huge Nintendo fan who was never able to get CN just because of where she lived this is kinda annoying) If the codes were CN-only, like so many other promotions, I would never be able to get one, so I'd be able to understand leaving codes in the game boxes just for that reason. (Also, don't knowwhat your Gamestops are but usually when I buy a new game at Gamestop ect. they give me a new, wrapped one, and they keep most of their copies behind the counter. At least for newly released games, but I get most my games at/very close to release...)

Anyway, I voted Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven because goddamn it we need some Rhythm Heaven characters. Other wishes are Inklings from Splatoon, Dixie Kong and Daisy. Maybe some third-parties like Shovel Knight or Shantae.

I also kinda hope a veteran character isn't among the winners. I get it, you want your old favorite back, but you have the chance to vote for any Nintendo character out there and you go for one that's already been in the game?

Last edited:
If Quote's not getting in (spoilers: he's not) I'd vote for Shovel Knight or Inkling, as both of them are rather relevant and have lots of potential.

That's not how DLC works. The content in question is often developed after the game is released, so it would be impossible to provide codes for it with the game (among other reasons why it's done).

The thing is why did they not include these characters in the game like they have in the past like on the N64 they were all there and on the GCN they were all there and I am pretty sure they were all there on the Wii even though I never played that one. Why change it up so not everyone can use these characters and yet now we have to buy them? No this is getting really bad. Why not just add them in the game and sell it like always? Makes no sense.:(

Back
Top Bottom