• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

Five bans? Seriously, five? The most I've been banned on any site is once, maybe twice. Then again, the mods were pussies, and any potty word thrown at them was cause for a perma ban.

Anyway, I'd make a forum that banned people can go to. It would be colored bright pink.

On this forum, however, people are banned for stupid reasons.

Really? How so; could you elaborate?

If I were an admin... erm, stuff would happen? I dunno, really. Although I'd probably at some point attempt to get rid of the 'cool' trend of making posts entirely in lowercase with no punctuation, as that seems to break Forum Guideline A, and is generally annoying.

Although I'd probably at some point attempt to get rid of the 'cool' trend of making posts entirely in lowercase with no punctuation, as that seems to break Forum Guideline A, and is generally annoying.

do you think it's maybe because people are sometimes lazy and it has in fact nothing to do with 'cool'?

I have to admit not having much sympathy for people who find it too arduous to hold down the shift key once in a while.

I think it gives the post a different tone.
And besides, some people just get used to typing in lowercase from other places.

Rules said:
Spelling, grammar and punctuation should be good enough to be easily readable and understandable
Which it is.

Nevertheless, it honestly isn't hard, as Kratos said, to simply hold the sift key for half a second, and it is basically annoying and gives posts a mocking, almost condescending tone, which... well, it's hardly a good thing.

Nevertheless, it honestly isn't hard, as Kratos said, to simply hold the sift key for half a second, and it is basically annoying and gives posts a mocking, almost condescending tone, which... well, it's hardly a good thing.

if you are reading that much into a lack of capitalisation you are taking things way too seriously.

If we're going to be anal, then I must point out that your post was a large clump of grammatical errors.

However, the point is I can read it and understand it. If no capitalization leads you to think a statement is "condescending," I'm afraid there are larger issues than laziness.

If no capitalization leads you to think a statement is "condescending," I'm afraid there are larger issues than laziness.
Eh, I don't know about that. There's definitely a different tone to posts that don't use capitalization than those that do, just like there's a different tone to posts that use allcaps. It might not be as glaring, but I do think that it's there, no "reading into it" required.

Also, I am not Kratos.

Eh, I don't know about that. There's definitely a different tone to posts that don't use capitalization than those that do, just like there's a different tone to posts that use allcaps. It might not be as glaring, but I do think that it's there, no "reading into it" required.
I don't think the issues are with people like Zephyrous Castform who see such things as condescending.

I don't think the issues are with people like Zephyrous Castform who see such things as condescending.
Erk, actually, I'm not sure what you mean by this... did you mean "do" instead of "don't"?

I mean there is something wrong with the attitude of people here in general if the majority of what they say is generally seen as condescending. But this isn't much of a surprise.

Clearly there is only one way to resolve this. Duel to the death!

Edit: I see you reading this thread, Kratos.

Back
Top Bottom