• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which Pokémon species best fit the contest categories?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
Which Pokémon species best fit the contest categories?

Which Pokémon species do you think is the cute/smart/beautiful/cool/toughest?

Cute: This is probably the hardest, I expect other people to think this too. It's like asking if cats or dogs are cuter. I really like fire types that are cats/dogs. I'm going to have to say Litleo.

Beauty: Even though Milotic is supposed to be beautiful, I don't really think so. It's elegant, sure, but I don't see the beauty in weird hair and eyelashes like that. It's quite a hard question because beauty is really only applied to humans, I don't know what a beautiful animal is, let alone a Pokémon.
Although I suppose if we do go with elegance, I really like Glaceon. Not sure what the dangly things on its ears are meant to be but I really like them.

Smart: We all know that Alakazam is supposed to have an IQ of I-don't-understand-how-IQ-works, but I'm sure there are other answers. I reckon most psychic types are smart to an extent, as well.

Tough: There're a lot of answers here, too. For some reason it brings Mightyena to mind but that might just be because when I play gen 3 games it's the one that I see with intimidate most often.

Cool: Regice I don't really know where to start here. Cool is more of a personality trait rather than a look, in my opinion.

Bonus question - same but with human characters.

Cool: Looker, Cynthia
Beauty: Beauty NPC I quite like Cheryl
Smart: There are a lot of scientist characters. My mind is focusing more on the villainous scientists like Colress and Charon rather than the professors.
Tough: Cynthia, Clair, Silver, Sabrina (original design, and the anime one too I guess)
Cute: There are quite a few I can think of. Jasmine, Lyra, Rosa, the Furisode Girls with black pigtails, tubers. Personality-wise, I like N, Malva and Silver.

Last edited:
Re: Which Pokémon species best fit the contest categories?

Cute: A lot of things would work. In my opinion, Mawile, but I could easily see something like Pikachu or emolga or clefairy or something working just as well if not better.

Beauty: Actually, Glaceon is really good for this, surprisingly. I'm also partial to Froslass, but in a creepy sort of way.

Cool: Krookodile Some ninja pokemon. Perhaps Bisharp, or Greninja.

Smart: I've always wondered who would win in a game of chess between Alakazam and Metagross. Worse, they both know Future Sight, so they would be able to predict each other's moves. I really want to see that happen.

Tough: Rhyperior strikes me as something here. Also most fighting types. Most physically bulky things, really. Also, Excadrill.

Bonus for humans:
Cute: Tate and Liza
Cool: Grimsley
Beatiful: Winona (although in more of a graceful way)
Tough: Bruno
Smart: Definitely Colress

I was thinking Metagross for smart. It's said to be like a supercomputer. That might be enough to make it win at chess but I'm not sure it has the edge when it comes to humanlike intelligence.

Cute: Dedenne. Even if it's not an option. Also Baby Pokémon!
Cool: Bisharp, Lucario, Serperior.
Beauty: Glaceon, Frosslass, Gardevoir, Milotic.
Tough: Aggron, Rhyperior, Braviary, Sawk, Golem.
Smart: Metagross, Alakazam, Porygon-Z, Gengar, Chatot

People
Cute: Tate, Liza, Skyla, Korrina, Whitney, Iris.
Cool: Koga, Jasmine, Falkner, Volkner, Brycen.
Beauty: Erika, Jasmine, Gardenia, Burgh, definitely Elesa, Olympia
Tough: Chuck, Crasher Wake, Byron (just look at his Japanese name), Clay, Drayden, Grant, Wulfric.
Smart: Colress, Clemont, Cheren, Lenora, Wattson, Pryce, Blaine.

Cute: Joltik, Espurr, Togepi
Beauty: Gardevoir, Glaceon, Ninetales
Smart: Metagross, Alakazam, Slowking
Tough: Aggron, Machamp, Conkeldurr
Cool: Ninjask, Seviper, Scizor

People
Cute: Tate, Liza, Skyla, Korrina, Whitney, Iris.
Beauty: Erika, Jasmine, Gardenia, Burgh, definitely Elesa, Olympia

I was thinking Whitney for cute but I decided she isn't because she intentionally acts "cute", which kind of ruins the point.

Being a supermodel, Elesa is beautiful in-universe but I was actually thinking of putting her in the cute category because of the way she acts. But then I tried remembering evidence of her acting in a cute way and I realised my conception of her personality is most likely made up. I ought to replay BW/2 just to see if she does act the way I think she does.

Also maybe Wilkstrom would be into Beauty as well, if not only because of his eyes. They're comedically "handsome", they remind me of handsome Squidward.

I was thinking Whitney for cute but I decided she isn't because she intentionally acts "cute", which kind of ruins the point.

Being a supermodel, Elesa is beautiful in-universe but I was actually thinking of putting her in the cute category because of the way she acts. But then I tried remembering evidence of her acting in a cute way and I realised my conception of her personality is most likely made up. I ought to replay BW/2 just to see if she does act the way I think she does.

Also maybe Wilkstrom would be into Beauty as well, if not only because of his eyes. They're comedically "handsome", they remind me of handsome Squidward.
Whitney does act cute, but I don't think it's a fake thing. I'm pretty sure Game Freak intended for her just to be cute. As for Elesa, she might act cute, but she's basically the closest to Beauty that you're going to get in a Pokémon game. And Wilkstrom should go into beauty! He's really concerned about the beauty of things, anyway. And he does look like Handsome Squidward, that kind of bothers me.

Cool: Someone like Crobat. Or Skarmory. Maybe Salamence?
Tough: Aggron. All that armor and stuff.
Smart: Metagross. It's a four-brained psychic with science-vision.
Beauty: I like Aurorus.
Cute: Not sure... Aron?

Whitney does act cute, but I don't think it's a fake thing.

The way I see it is either she's an attention seeker who acts "cute", or she's genuinely that childish. I don't know how old she's meant to be but I don't really find anyone cute if they throw tantrums for losing.

Cute: Sandile, Rufflet, Cubchoo, Roggenrola (Shutup. I like it)

Beauty: This one was hard. Lapras really coems off to me as a beautiful Poke.

Smart: Metagross, Alakazam, Slowking

Tough: Aggron, Machamp, Conkeldurr, Braviary, Gyarados, Kabutops

Cool: Blastoise (Mothafuzuckin' CANNONS bro!), Braviary (MURICA) Krookodile, Beartic, Xerneas

Cute: Sandile, Rufflet, Cubchoo, Roggenrola (Shutup. I like it)

There's nothing wrong with Roggenrola!

Cubchoo though, it'd be a lot cuter if it didn't constantly have a snot bubble. What is it with anime and snot bubbles? It's not cute at all, it's disgusting!

Although that reminded me that Teddiursa's pretty cute, too.

Cute: Theres A LOT of pokemon i find cute, so i duno. I'll just pick a random one. Skitty! Its a hoenn pokemon and its a kitten. And...No one can disagree on a kitten. :P

Beauty: Theres a lot of pokemon i find beautiful too. So this one's hard as well. I guess ninetales, milotic, cresselia, gardevoir, suicune, and lilligant would all do nicely for this though

Smart: Hmmn. Mewtwo's pretty smart at the end of pokemon the first movie, with such a deep quote. And has such high psychic power, I can't help but vote for him.

Oh and alakazam. Alakazam is like the smartest pokemon ever, probably. XD

Cool: I'm not sure...

Tough: Again, not sure.

I'm not an expect on cute and tough, like rarity from mlp, i tend to focuss more on cuteness and beauty^^;;

Back
Top Bottom