• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Runescape

Status
Not open for further replies.
err we are doing just that, I'm just attacking him because he's being a whiny git that we are discussing the debatable merit of the game and he is all like BAAAAAAAWWWW I LIKE IT

If you really think this "debate" (and I use that word in its loosest definition) is worth your time then... fine. Whatever. Anyway, I'm just going to leave this thread. This will get nowhere. :|

I just want to say that I completely agree with Zeta Reticuli. I was actually going to past something like what he said, but didn't because I'm really, really bad at explaining what I think and was worried that everyone would misunderstand me.

I mean something sucking can never be fact. Ever. It's opinion. Maybe things that make you think something's bad is something that other people like.
(please nobody say something like 'it's a fact that I was sucking on a mint earlier today' or something)

I mean something sucking can never be fact. Ever. It's opinion. Maybe things that make you think something's bad is something that other people like.

sorry to burst your bubble, but yes it can

because games can be redundant, they can be shittily programmed, they can have complex features that are necessary, their graphics can be low quality, etc etc etc

you can all calculate these things numerically and in the end come up with an analysis of why the game is bad, and form an opinion backed up by solid fact

the point is ice bases his opinions on strawmen, false logic and plain untruths. he's delusional in believing what he does and doesn't like it when someone tells him what he believes is flat out wrong.

yes, you can still like the game.

it doesn't take away that the gameplay is awful, the graphics are subpar, it's all about grinding etc etc etc etc etc and all the other qualms people have with the game

there's a reason not many people play runescape and that is because it's shit

the point is ice bases his opinions on strawmen, false logic and plain untruths. he's delusional in believing what he does and doesn't like it when someone tells him what he believes is flat out wrong.

...What? I've reread this statement several times, but everytime, it completely baffles me

it doesn't take away that the gameplay is awful, the graphics are subpar, it's all about grinding etc etc etc etc etc and all the other qualms people have with the game

The gameplay is awful in your -opinion-, the graphics are brilliant for java. It is -not- all about grinding. Quests, for example. Clan events, for example. Mini-games, for example. Pking (soon at least), for example.

there's a reason not many people play runescape and that is because it's shit More people play Runescape than WoW :|

More people play Runescape than WoW :|

has to do with money not game quality

The gameplay is awful in your -opinion-, the graphics are brilliant for java. It is -not- all about grinding. Quests, for example. Clan events, for example. Mini-games, for example. Pking (soon at least), for example.

the quests are shitty and poorly worked out and take too long for proper reward. The graphics may be brilliant for Java, but Java sucks, and so do the graphics. Mini-games aren't a good reason to play a game. PKing can be done better and more efficiently in other games. I don't know what clan events are but it sounds like a shitty version of the WoW guild system.

Plus what would you do, grind together?

Then there's no good lore (just random crap passing for "fantasy", shitty town names etc etc

bla bla bla continue this discussion without me I am off to bed anyway fuckers smell ya later

shittily programmed
Isn't this opinion?
Have you seen the programming? How do you know this?

they can have complex features that are necessary
What kind of complex features?
I'm just bad at understanding other people's explanations as well. :(
their graphics can be low quality
Ok, it's true that you can measure the quality of the graphics, but that doesn't necessarily lower the quality of the game.
If you have one game with good graphics and one with poor graphics, there's nothing stopping the game with poor graphics from having better gameplay.

Also, after you calculate all of these things, it's opinion in the end that makes it good or bad.

A computer or piece of paper with numbers on it can't say 'This puzzle/enemy is too easy/hard' It can't actually say 'I think this game is good/bad'. It can only give proof that some aspects aren't as good compared to other games. People might dislike these games as well. It doesn't make it a fact that those games are bad.

has to do with money not game quality

You said "no-one plays Runescape"
I was just proving you wrong

the quests are shitty and poorly worked out and take too long for proper reward.

The F2P quests maybe, and quite a few member quests, but there's a good number of quests that are quite brilliant and fun to do

The graphics may be brilliant for Java, but Java sucks, and so do the graphics.

Runescape is renowned for the ability to play it in a browser without downloading anything. Java is the best platform to do it on. Besides, the graphics aren't that bad

Mini-games aren't a good reason to play a game.

I never said they were :|
I'm just listing things that you can do other than grind

PKing can be done better and more efficiently in other games. I don't know what clan events are but it sounds like a shitty version of the WoW guild system.

Clans are player formed group. Some are focused on community, some are focused on PvP and some are focused on just having a good time

Then there's no good lore (just random crap passing for "fantasy", shitty town names etc etc
lolol

Oh, and: http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1386

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that saying something sucks is just opinion. I mean, I could say that Zelda sucks. But other people think that Zelda pwns (which, it does, IMO. I'm just using examples). I mean, is there a way to tell whether it does or doesn't suck? No.

But whatever. You can think it sucks, but just because you think it sucks doesn't mean that it does.

because games can be redundant, they can be shittily programmed, they can have complex features that are necessary, their graphics can be low quality, etc etc etc

you can all calculate these things numerically and in the end come up with an analysis of why the game is bad, and form an opinion backed up by solid fact

there's a reason not many people play runescape and that is because it's shit
Okay, I know I said I'd leave, BUT:

Obviously there's something Ice likes about the game, or he wouldn't play it. Maybe it's that for some reason, he enjoys grinding. Or he likes... I don't know, collecting items or something. Sure, you can talk about how the game might have flaws, but you've gone past that. You're trying to tell him that he shouldn't play the game. And yes, I know what your reply is: "when did I ever say that". Just because you haven't flat out told him not to play it, doesn't mean that that's not what your message is. He can enjoy himself, even if the game he's playing has crappy graphics and is sloppily programmed or whatever. Maybe it's just fun... to him.

I think the people who hate Runescape have made their point, and it would probably be wiser to let this flame war die.

Now I'm leaving. For real. :|

STOP QUOTING INSIDE TEXT BOXES /eevee

The F2P quests maybe, and quite a few member quests, but there's a good number of quests that are quite brilliant and fun to do

yeah unfortunately you have to PAY to do those, while you're priding yourself on how runescape is free

Runescape is renowned for the ability to play it in a browser without downloading anything. Java is the best platform to do it on. Besides, the graphics aren't that bad

And you want to download and play it in a browser because? Whatever is wrong with downloading anyway? And yes the graphics suck compared to every other mmorpg I've played.

I never said they were :|
I'm just listing things that you can do other than grind

But why would you WANT to do them?

Clans are player formed group. Some are focused on community, some are focused on PvP and some are focused on just having a good time

Like I said, wow guild system

Isn't this opinion?
Have you seen the programming? How do you know this?

have you played the game

What kind of complex features?
I'm just bad at understanding other people's explanations as well. :(

The whole damage system is screwed up like fucking hell. Was better in classic though.

Ok, it's true that you can measure the quality of the graphics, but that doesn't necessarily lower the quality of the game.
If you have one game with good graphics and one with poor graphics, there's nothing stopping the game with poor graphics from having better gameplay.

This has no redeeming features in the gameplay whatsoever.

Also, after you calculate all of these things, it's opinion in the end that makes it good or bad.

An opinion heavily influenced by solid fact based on proper reasoning, no?

A computer or piece of paper with numbers on it can't say 'This puzzle/enemy is too easy/hard' It can't actually say 'I think this game is good/bad'. It can only give proof that some aspects aren't as good compared to other games. People might dislike these games as well. It doesn't make it a fact that those games are bad.

No but it damn well shows what's good and bad and it damn well allows you to make an informed decision rather than spout madness based on non-issues and untruths.

Altmer can I be your gay lover please

Ily too AK but I'm monogamous

STOP QUOTING INSIDE TEXT BOXES /eevee
No
yeah unfortunately you have to PAY to do those, while you're priding yourself on how runescape is free

I'm not priding myself on it being free. But £3.50 -really- isn't that much money

And you want to download and play it in a browser because? Whatever is wrong with downloading anyway? And yes the graphics suck compared to every other mmorpg I've played.

Well for one thing, it saves having to download it to every computer you play on.
Yes, compared, but that doesn't mean they're bad.
Click

But why would you WANT to do them?

Maybe because they're -fun- :O

Like I said, wow guild system

Is there anything wrong with Runescape having an equivalent?

The whole damage system is screwed up like fucking hell. Was better in classic though.

I honestly see nothing wrong with it =|

This has no redeeming features in the gameplay whatsoever.

Again, in -your- opinion

No but it damn well shows what's good and bad and it damn well allows you to make an informed decision rather than spout madness based on non-issues and untruths.
Well if this is the case, then answer me this. Why do I like Runescape yet I got bored of World of Warcraft after two days?

agreeing with Zeta Reticuli but for the sake of this board

Is there anything wrong with Runescape having an equivalent?

If it's shittily done, yes.

I honestly see nothing wrong with it =|

do you even fight things at all
Every single time you use an attack, there's no damn way whatsoever to guarantee what you'll hit. You could hit a 0 with that dragon battle axe, but you could also hit a 30. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I trained my defence to 70, and I got hit on like I was wearing robes or something; I've fought against people with 1 defence and no armor and I can't even touch them with 70 attack. At least in WoW I have a ROUGH range of what I'm going to hit with my shadow bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom