• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What pokémon SHOULD get a evolution/pre-evolution?

Re: What pokémon SHOULD get a evolution/pre-evolution?

Why can't pokemon evolve? I believe there was a species of moth that was originally white, but moths of the same species with a rare mutation that made them black started to out-number the white moths because of the waste materials from nearby factories made it easier for black moths to hide from predators. Now black is the dominate color.

Pokemon evolve to suit their environment in a similar manner. Yes, they can choose to stay the same if they want and still live, but some evolutions are better suited to live in certain area. Take Rhydon for example. Its body is said to withstand temperatures comparable to those in volcanoes. You can find wild Rhydon near Stark Mountain, but do you see any Rhyhorn?

If you need anymore evidence that pokemon need evolutions, just look at Eevee.

Of course, thats just looking at it from a scientific standpoint. Game-wise, they are only made to fill the dex where actual new pokemon should be.

I think Corsola will evolve through knowing ancient power. I also think Girafarig will evolve by knowing double hit. When you think about 2 pokemon who could learn ancient power in previous generations, evolve later on to pokemon based on extinct pokemon., and there are extinct species of coral. So it adds up.

superyoshi888 said:
I believe there was a species of moth that was originally white, but moths of the same species with a rare mutation that made them black started to out-number the white moths because of the waste materials from nearby factories made it easier for black moths to hide from predators. Now black is the dominate color.

That's adaptation, not evolution.

I think it is Micro-Evolution, or evolution on a small scale(which basically IS adaption). It would be a new species if it was Macro-Evolution.

Still, even if it is just adaption, it still proves my point. Rhydon evolved from Rhyhorn to adapt to a more volcanic environment.

Stop right there. I'm not the Pokemon expert but I'm sure Science isn't really...suited to Pokemon :)

Honestly? Science exists in everything somewhere. I actually had this whole scientific theory about what shinies are and why they exist.

Either way, why else would Pokémon evolve? It's all about competition within a single species. Survival of the fittest kind of thing.

Honestly? Science exists in everything somewhere. I actually had this whole scientific theory about what shinies are and why they exist.

Either way, why else would Pokémon evolve? It's all about competition within a single species. Survival of the fittest kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom