• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Tcod Plays Sburb

Edward sat in his bed, staring at the envelope. Should I open it? He decides to listen to that Spume guy. He seems like he kind of knows what he's talking about. Speaking of him, Edward sees his coffin blinking. He stalks over to it, sitting in the chair with his legs spread wide apart, which seems to be one of the only comfortable positions that he can sit in.
**nocturnalEatery [NE] began pestering disconsolateSpume [DS]**
NE: uh hii
NE: whats wiith all thiis sbutt stuff or whatever

DS: oh, yt's monsyeur vampyre. to what do Y owe the pleasure?
DS: sbubble ys a game thyng symylar to the syms, accordyng to my sources. apparently, yt wyll also bryng about the apocalypse, accordyng to another.
DS: you should, yn theory, have gotten the beta by now. agnes, rory and Y already have yt. the rest, Y don't know. Y hyghly recommend you check your closest mayl recypyent for the arryval of the game.

NE: sounds fun
NE: ii wiill go do that cocoa powder boy
NE: thanks
NE: iit looks liike ii have a wiierd envelope wiith a messed up house on iit iis that iit

DS: yes, that ys the correct envelope. Y hyghly suggest you wayt further instruction from rory or someone who communycates you ynfo from hym. he's our current guynea- wayt.
DS: oh really
DS: really
DS: cocoa powder boy?
DS: you drink blood for pete's sake
DS: cocoa powder boy has lyke zero effect on me
DS: bring yt pretty boy
-- disconsolateSpume [DS] raises fists --

NE: oh okay well ii wiill ask rory about it
NE: and at least blood tastes good
NE: chocolate iis liike hardened poop
NE: just thiinkiing about anyone consumiing chocolate poop makes me want to go driink more blood to drown out the thought D:

**nocturnalEatery [NE] ceased pestering disconsolateSpume [DS]**
After that is over with, Edward realizes there is a hole in his ceiling. He doesn't think much of it, but then he looks down, seeing his knee burning. "AURGH!" He screams. He realizes that he was so buried in his computer, he let his knee get burnt. Now in a bad mood, Edward goes to get a little snack. He goes downstairs, and realizes how many holes are in his old shack. I'll fix them later, he thought. He grabs a rat lingering around his kitchen/slaughterhouse, and just takes a quick little suck from the tiny amount of blood it contains. He strolls upstairs, makes sure there aren't any more holes in his room, and stares at the floor until he begins daydreaming.
When he awakens, he realizes he forgot to talk to Rory. He opens up his coffin, and pesters him.
** nocturnalEatery [NE] began pestering somniferousPolymer [SP]**
NE: so uh ii dont talk to you enough do ii
NE: well anyways ii was told to consult you so do ii open the envelope or what
NE: because ii think ii should
NE: but ii can waiit
Well that's over with. He goes back to his daydreaming.

Last edited:
Willow frowned. The response was taking longer than usual. Normally, she would have the patience to wait her friend out, but the anticipation was too much for her. She slipped in her server disc before her client one, hoping that no serious repercussions would result. The programs had finished installing by now, so she opened the server one. At worst, she might destroy someone's house; she felt that those repercussions weren't too bad.

Several familiar names appeared on the roster for candidates. Willow moved her mouse over each one, weighing her options. She hadn't realised so many people had started their clients already! Slightly ridden by guilt, Willow booted her own. The words "Waiting for server player" appeared in a black window, and a triad of periods fizzled in and out of the display.

With a swift click of the mouse button, Willow discarded her chat with Rory and opened a new one with her friend Landon. If she was lucky, Landon would allow her to be his server player. She had always wondered what went on in that house of his...

** phantasmalTendril [PT] began pestering disconsolateSpume [DS]**
PT: landon hey!!
PT: would you mind it so much if I were your server player???

Rory was taking way too long. Nobody had talked to Landon in a long time, so he decided to nap for a while. Just as his head hit the pillow, a notification popped up.

DS: Y belyeve the answer ys no Y wouldn't mynd? dyd y do yt ryght?
DS: wayT FUCK

**disconsolateSpume [DS] got hijacked by laconicLumberjack [LL]**
LL: /D nope wouldn't mind
DS: layla what the fuck thys ys very rude
LL: /D You're not the boss of me, Landon.
DS: Y was born fyve mynutes before you, Y thynk that's enough
LL: /D That makes no difference.
DS: *ahem* So! wyllow, whych dysk do Y put yn my computer?

Willow perked at the response; she had not been expecting one so quickly. Without hesitation, she clicked on the flashing Pesterchum tile to see what Landon had said.

PT: whoa a new person!!
PT: hi my name is willow!!!
PT: i dont think ive met you before but im guessing youre the twin ive heard so much about???
PT: at any rate i think the client one is the one you should put in though i recommend you put in both to save yourself the hassle later!!!
PT: neither of them do anything unless you tell them to and they take a while to boot so you might as well start them both now!!

Last edited:
Much to Landon's delight, Willow's response was quick. Much to his undelight, however, his sister was still on the chat.

He popped both disks in his computer, and a window with names appeared on his monitor. Landon decided it was too early to pick anyone, so he just stuck to being a client.

"Layla! Get up here, we're doing the client thing!" he yelled at his sibling.
"Give me 5 minutes, idiot!" she replied.

PT: i dont think ive met you before but im guessing youre the twin ive heard so much about???
PT: at any rate i think the client one is the one you should put in though i recommend you put in both to save yourself the hassle later!!!
PT: neither of them do anything unless you tell them to and they take a while to boot so you might as well start them both now!!

DS: so Y put the dysk yn my computer
DS: what now
DS: and yes thys butt stayn of a human ys my syster
DS: wyllow layla, layla wyllow. there, now we all now each other.

LL: /D Will my aviary be unharmed??
DS: stop wyth the byrdcage dammyt
DS: we're goyng on an adventure

Willow frowned. She checked back on the "Searching..." screen and lucked for Landon's name or pesterchum handle, but to no avail. She was growing very excited for this adventure; she could hardly contain herself much longer!

PT: what affectionate siblings!! :D
PT: well after setup is done it should let you search for clients or servers.......
PT: oh i see you!! hang on im going to click you.......
PT: whoa i see your house!! and both of you!! wait your mexican??

PT: well after setup is done it should let you search for clients or servers.......
DS: my mexycan what
DS: Y'm not mexycan
DS: we're puerto rycan wyllow

LL:/D There is a huge difference. I don't know how you don't see it. Also, STOP LOOKING AT MY AVIARY. It's supposed to be a SECRET.
DS: so what now?

Layla quickly threw a sheet over her project and ran upstairs.

"La-andon, what's up?" she panted. He observed her from behind his spectacles.

"Just... installing these things. Willow can see us now. Say hello," her brother answered, pointing towards the ceiling.

Willow moved her mouse around the screen, searching for an objective. The interface was reminiscent of the Sims, indeed; however, there were a few obvious differences. Such as the fact that she was looking at an actual person.

She found a list of four items, all of which seemed to be free of charge. ((OOC: If this isn't accurate, let me know? I can't remember how much all of these cost)). They all seemed to be large, however; Willow couldn't fit them in the house as it was. She did see a prime potential location, however...

LL:/D There is a huge difference. I don't know how you don't see it. Also, STOP LOOKING AT MY AVIARY. It's supposed to be a SECRET.
PT: oh whatever puerto ricans are basically mexicans that live in another country...
PT: i dont see an aviary probably because i have 30/30 vision and no glasses??? oh well!!!
PT: anyway i found a bunch of stuff i think im supposed to place but theres no room...
PT: could you maybe clear up your workshop layla???
PT: that might seem outrageous or something but its p much the perfect place to deploy this stuff and it would help a whole lot!!!!
PT: unless you can think of a more useless room!!

((ooc: the punch designix costs 4 purple grist, the other three (Cruxtruder, Totem Lathe, and the Alchemiter are free.)

"Let's move your aviary, then."
"Are you insane?! No way! That's staying put. I suggest we just clear out that spare room full of bullshit we have."

The twins entered the room. It was filled with an astounding amount of crap: books, nails, expired cans of dog food, broken pens, creepyass dolls, and God knows what else.

"I'll take the books to my room. Is... is this one about... abortion?! Holy cow, how did this get here?!" Landon said.

"I think this belonged to the previous owners. Apparently, they were hoarders," replied Layla. "Look, nai- shit, these probably have tetanus or something. Throw all the unsalvageable stuff outside, the garbage men'll take care of it."

After successfully dumping the box of dolls outside, Layla noticed something weird in her aviary. Some sort of sound was coming out of it. She yanked the sheet off to notice a very colorful parakeet. Amazed at the sight, she locked the door so her new friend had no chance of escaping.

PT: oh whatever puerto ricans are basically mexicans that live in another country...
PT: i dont see an aviary probably because i have 30/30 vision and no glasses??? oh well!!!
PT: anyway i found a bunch of stuff i think im supposed to place but theres no room...
PT: that might seem outrageous or something but its p much the perfect place to deploy this stuff and it would help a whole lot!!!!

LL: /D Willow, we're done. Place those things. Let's get going!

Last edited:
Since Somni-whatever wasn't responding, Krinei decided to speak to Landon again.

**blackoutInspector [BI] began trolling disconsolateSpume[DS]
BI: Şö, I šéè +hà+ ÿòú’rë ãböù+ +ó ś+r+. |:)

Willow examined the empty room, then began plopping things down. She was sure to leave pathways in between for maximum navigation power, since she seemed to be lacking the money required to increase the room's size. One of the appliances, however, cost what was labelled as "purple grist." She hesitantly placed it down in the last remaining spot in the room, and her already-small purple grist deposit dropped.

PT: okay i put everything down!!!
PT: anyway i guess its time to get moving???
PT: im not really sure what to do yet!!
PT: oh fuck why is that thing counting down????

Holy Hell, did I just fall asleep again? Agnes thought to herself, realising that she had fallen asleep for an unknown amount of time, with her Sburb disc still hanging out on her desktop. She decided to put in the disc, and waited for it to install. Just to make sure she was installing it correctly, she decided to ask Landon.
**lackadaisicalLamia [LL] began pestering disconsolateSpume [DS]**
LL: uh how do you install this sburb thing correctly? i kinda just put it inside my computer.

((OOC: Apparently, that purple grist is shale (ie the shit John gets from the first imp he fights) and I don't think we start with it. But this is an AU, so I think it's fine.))
The siblings observed the new appliances in the formerly-useless room. One had a clock that kept counting down; this made Landon more panicky than anything else.

"Holy hell, a lot of people are bothering me about shit. Okay, there's two things to do: we're a client, and we have to be a server player as well. Seeing that you're much stronger, deal with the client things, I'll do the same with server responsibilities," Landon told his sibling.

"Fine with me, but what do I even do?" Layla replied. She began eyeing the machine that had a timer installed; that one was... interesting. Taking out her power saw from her strife specibus, she started cutting the contraption, sending out a whirlwind of sparks. "Oops."

Landon jumped in his seat. "Control that thing of yours, God. Let me ask this troll guy what's what..."

DS: *sigh: Y can't belyeve Y'm about to say thys but
DS: Y need your help
DS: lyke all of the machynes are deployed
DS: what now?
DS: one of the thyngs ys countyng down whych ys very worryyng. do Y do somethyng wyth that?

DS: wyllow layla, layla wyllow. there, now we all know each other.

DS: look Y'm asking mr troll for help on thys
DS: apparently they already dyd theyr sessyon so Y'm askyng hym for help

LL: /D Yeah, this isn't working.
DS: that's because your fyrst ysntynct ys bangyng that stupyd saw on everythyng dammyt
LL: /D Fun, I know.

LL: uh how do you install this sburb thing correctly? i kinda just put it inside my computer.
DS: yt's pretty easy. ynstall the one labeled clyent fyrst. then, Y'll be your server player by selecting your name from a menu yf you let me. after that Y thynk you should install the other dysk, but don't pyck any names from there yet.

Willow began to fret, having set what appeared to be a bomb (or at least a mechanism in the same family as bombs, that being those of the explosius kind) loose in her friend's house. Though she hated what she had to do, she knew it was necessary... she had to talk to one of those.
** phantasmalTendril [PT] began a conversation with vaguelyboundWanderer [VW]
PT: alright troll...
PT: lets cut to the chase...
PT: i set down some sort of ticking clock in my friends house and i dont know what it does and im pretty sure you know exactly what it does!
PT: so get talking...
Meanwhile, she checked back at her screen. Landon seemed to be tapping away at her computer, while Layla was tuning some kind of cloaked device. Willow could only conjecture as to what lay inside, but she trusted that it wouldn't be of any consequence during their game. However, the game had already shown Willow that it was much different than she had intended. She decided to bring it up.

DS: wyllow layla, layla wyllow. there, now we all know each other.

DS: look Y'm asking mr troll for help on thys
DS: apparently they already dyd theyr sessyon so Y'm askyng hym for help

LL: /D Yeah, this isn't working.
DS: that's because your fyrst ysntynct ys bangyng that stupyd saw on everythyng dammyt
LL: /D Fun, I know.
PT: uh im trying to fix whatever it is i did so dont worry!!!!
PT: also um layla is that weird thing youre playing with going to cause any harm???
PT: its not that i dont trust you but i certainly dont trust the game so far and im afraid it might do something bad!!!
PT: i mean until i know what it is and what it does ill have to assume its dangerous!!!
PT: thats how to play it safe i think......

Krinei saw where this was going. As Landon's patron troll, it was up to her to make sure this went well.

DS: *sigh: Y can't belyeve Y'm about to say thys but
DS: Y need your help
DS: lyke all of the machynes are deployed
DS: what now?
DS: one of the thyngs ys countyng down whych ys very worryyng. do Y do somethyng wyth that?

BI: Ňów ýöú müş+ ğèt ÿôür šéřvēr płąŷëř +ő pú+ à héāvý óbjéç+ ïñ júß+ +hé ríğh+ płć.
BI: Àf+eř +hä+, ÿôúr kéřńélßprï+ê ẅíłl bé řðý.
BI: Ţhâţ’ş whëń ýøü ß+åř+ přő+ö+ÿpíňg ýóūř špr+. |:)

Okay. It looks like InfernoPolygon or whatever isn't going to respond. You decide just to slap in the one that says "Client Disc." You don't, however, choose any names, because you have no idea what this thing is capable of. You decide to ask that annoying girl.
** nocturnalEatery [NE] began pestering phantasmalTendril [PT]**
NE: so ii thiink that you know more than ii do about thiis sburb buiisness
NE: ii put iin the cliient diisc, but ii haven't selected anybody yet
NE: should ii put iin the server diisc?

Willow's head was beginning to pound. If she felt this way so early in the game, what would it be like later? The stress was getting to her, and they were still in the preliminary stages.

A bubbly sound filled the room, indicating a new Pesterchum chat. Willow opened her chat window to see who it was form.
** nocturnalEatery [NE] began pestering phantasmalTendril [PT]**
NE: so ii thiink that you know more than ii do about thiis sburb buiisness
NE: ii put iin the cliient diisc, but ii haven't selected anybody yet
NE: should ii put iin the server diisc?

PT: um......
PT: well im kind of occupied myself right now!!!
PT: if you want someone to be your server player or youre looking for a client you should probably ask someone thats up for that!!!
PT: im too busy to be a client right now and im already a server player so youre better off asking someone else!!!
PT: you might as well put the server disk in though theres no harm in that!!
PT: just dont pick anyone without their permission i guess!!

Agnes agreed with letting Landon be her server player, clicking his name on a menu that came up. After that, she put in the other disc and awaited instructions from him once more
DS: yt's pretty easy. ynstall the one labeled clyent fyrst. then, Y'll be your server player by selecting your name from a menu yf you let me. after that Y thynk you should install the other dysk, but don't pyck any names from there yet.
LL: done, i picked your name for the server thingy.
LL: i also put in the other disc, what do i do now?

Back
Top Bottom