• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's Your Favourite Pokémon Design-Wise?

Odyssey

Pronoun
she
What's Your Favourite Pokémon Design-Wise?

Self-explanatory title. What's your favourite Pokémon design and why?

From a personal point, my favourite Pokémon design is Mienshao. Thanks to its arm fur, it's an identifiable and rather original Pokémon. The colours are great and I also love weasels in general.

From a critic's point, however, my favourite Pokémon design is Klefki! Because it's based on a keychain, which has a shape that stands out compared to other Pokémon, it is easily the most identifiable Pokémon with a silhouette, considering that silhouettes are essential to every character design. Plus, I like the easy colour palette. The fact that it's based on a keychain is also unique. Some people think that it's a bad idea, but I think it's a good idea. All object based Pokémon are influenced by tsukumogami, which are supernatural objects well known in Japan.

Re: What's Your Favourite Pokémon Design-Wise?

I think that Volcanion, design-wise, is the best Pokémon. It's extreme shapes (mainly that large circle over it's head) and all of it's bumps really stand out to me.

Design-wise I really love Glaceon. I love Ice-types, and Glaceon is the best looking eeveelution imo.

Flygon is probably my favorite dragon-type. I love snakes, so Seviper is one of my favorite Pokémon. The first time I saw Snivy announced, I instantly fell in love with it.

I also love all the weasel Pokémon. Mienfoo/Mienshao, Sneasel/Weavile, and Buizel/Floatzel are all great. Although not technically a member of the weasel family (unless you count its "Cat Ferret" listing in the Pokédex), Zangoose is pretty rad. There's also Furret and Linoone - they're pretty cool.

Klefki has grown in me when I first saw it. At first I thought the keys were a part of its body but now that I know it's just the ring I don't mind it at all. I do in general find Pokémon based off of manmade objects to be silly.

Anyway enough complaining, since this thread is about designs I do like.
It's a bit hard to distinguish between designs I like and designs I find cute.

Like VM, I adore Glaceon, but that might just be because I find it the cutest of the Eeveeloutions. It isn't spiky or too fluffy or have two tails or anything. Umbreon is close as it doesn't have any of those things either.

There are a few Pokémon whose designs make me forget what generation is was first introduced. In general, I like those designs. When I first got Sapphire I could've sworn that Meditite was from gen 2. That sentence was originally going to be "Meditite and Corsola" but I checked before posting.
Another one in that category is Weavile. I don't like most of the cross-gen evos introduced in gen 4. Weavile (and Glaceon!) is one I do like and I really like it. It's fits well enough with Sneasel that it could've been from gen 2 in the first place. Oh, and I like Sneasel too!

I have a thing for dark types actually. I maintain that fire dogs and fire cats and internet explorers are the cutest of all Pokémon, I always found myself drawn to ones like Sneasel, Absol, Umbreon and, of course, Murkrow.

Ampharos is really cool for some reason.

Joltik and Galvantula are also awesome! I hate spiders and ticks with a burning passion but they're... okay, for some reason. I guess.

Lugia is cool! It's flowing and just really aesthetically pleasing, there's nothing bad about it. Ho-oh, on the other hand, is flashy and eye-burning.

All of the Cobalion-trio are really cool, though it's kind of unnerving that Terrakion has a human face.

On the other side of the spectrum, here are the Pokémon with the worst designs: kingdra, durant (it's just. An ant. Come on.), muk, grimer, diancie, hoopa, volcanion (Gen VI did really bad with the mythical Pokémon), nuzleaf, manectric... I could go on.

On the other side of the spectrum, here are the Pokémon with the worst designs: kingdra, durant (it's just. An ant. Come on.), muk, grimer, diancie, hoopa, volcanion (Gen VI did really bad with the mythical Pokémon), nuzleaf, manectric... I could go on.
I like volcanion :(

*single tear*

Honestly, my favorite Pokémon design-wise is my favorite Pokémon period: Espeon. idk but it's just so... Cool. Might be that I just like the shade of purple so much. One of these days I'll get a female one and be super happy.

I actually quite like Nuzleaf's design. I like a lot of designs once I starting using them in-game/spriting with them (wow it's been a while since that), and I just finished a Ruby playthrough with Shiftry. I've also started to really enjoy Spinda's design, minus its RSE sprite. A lot of Hoenn designs actually I can't think of a Pokemon I hate from Hoenn other than Luvdisc and the Clamperl line.

I really like Shiftry; it just looks so big and powerful, yet with the fans and little stilts, it also looks like it can be exceptionally nimble and graceful.

...yeah I don't think many people like Shiftry all that much.

I also like Arcanine, Espeon, Umbreon and Kingdra.

On the 'dislikes' side, I hate Electivire, Gorebyss, Gastrodon, Vivillon and Slurpuff.

I don't have a problem with shiftry; I like it a lot, actually. Nuzleaf is just so... weird.

I'm not sure if I have an absolute favourite... Aron-line and Linoone have beautiful eyes and Venonat is a great parody of generic cuteness. Volcarona and Arcanine are majestic despite being all fluffy... I don't know.

Favorite? Tyrantrum. Why? Because it's a super-awesome T-Rex!

Least? Probably Klinklang. Its name sucks, too.

My favorite is Ditto.

My least favorite is Lapras. No real problem, but the Champion in W2 had one with Water Absorb or a different ability with the same effects and my most powerful pokemon only knew water moves. So I lost. :(

Last edited:

Muk, because I freaking love piles of sludge.

Garbodor and Vanilluxe are also favorites if only because I loved the butthurt that came about from their designs.

Slurpuff because it's adorable and chubby.

Machamp because my god is he manly! Mega Swampert gives him stiff competition though.

And Mega Slowbro because that little dude just cracks me up.

I kinda like celebi's design a lot right now! Its so cute and so fairy like =D

Alcremie~<3

Its the most adorable pokemon ever^^

also is my current fav pokemon in general really

Back
Top Bottom