• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

I've been misreading Coke bottles again.
The names on the labels have been replaced with the names of reindeer as a Christmas gimmick, and I thought Prancer said cancer.

"World wonders" as "world monsters". Well, since it was in Cookie Clicker, the cookies might as well become a monster.

I read the famous "I heard u like Mudkipz" as "I heard you lick Mudkipz" as a teenager.

Is that like toad licking?

EDIT: "You could have stopped it" as "you could have stomped it". Probably following up on one of the "destroyed city" messages.

Last edited:
This one wasn't by me, but it's just as hilarious. See, in my Spanish class, we have these lyrics with common food items (la manzana, el helado, etc.), and anyone who sings it in from of the class goes extra credit. One kid got up, and when he got to the line "Pollo is chicken", he forgot that 'll' in Spanish makes a sort of 'y' sound, so he said it as "Polio is chicken".

I'd never laughed so hard at anything. I must've been laughing for five minutes. I couldn't even stand up to throw away my apple without stumbling because I was laughing so hard.

Last edited:
This one wasn't by me, but it's just as hilarious. See, in my Spanish class, we have these lyrics with common food items (la manzana, el helado, etc.), and anyone who sings it in from of the class goes extra credit. One kid got up, and when he got to the line "Pollo is chicken", he forgot that 'll' in Spanish makes a sort of 'y' sound, so he said it as "Polio is chicken".

I'd never laughed so hard at anything. I must've been laughing for five minutes. I couldn't even tan up otrow away my apple without stumbling because I was laughing so hard.

fun fact: castilian ll is isomorphic to other iberian ll/lh representing palatal lateral approximant (historically it had that value, too, it might still in some regions)

I think most anglophones give "polio" three syllables so it probably wouldn't sound similar anyway but

One of my former roommates misheard a sentenced involving a guy named "Guillermo" and loving "Stripes" as "Guilmon loves strippers". That became an inside joke for us.

Last edited:
When on the quotes page for a certain movie on TV Tropes, I saw a certain sound effect placed in the middle of that one Oppenheimer quote with big gaps around. I noticed the sound effect first and thought someone had included it as a separate quote (title character's catchphrase perhaps?).

My brother in the meanwhile insists that it's the sound of Vishnu drawing all his swords at once.

"You’re essentially in debt" as "You’re essentially an idiot"

"The fumes made me faint – the furries made me faint"

"I see right through your charade – I see right through your chocolate"

"(Not) Permitted to fish" – "Promoted to fish"

On the bus passing a main street, I glanced at a store and thought it said, "Eagles on the moon"
At a second glance, I realized it was "Bagels on the Hudson" ._.

I heard someone refer to a/an "EULA" (end user license agreement) and realised that the way I've been pronouncing it, "oiler" like the mathematician, probably isn't the right way.

"In Which Eifie Throws Herself..." as something about the Eiffel Tower.

Also I wrote a script where one of the variable names was $exists.

Back
Top Bottom