• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

Pretty sure my dream last night had a bar on the side that gave the time I'd been playing and a list of what buttons were being pressed.

My friend told me she had a dream that me, her, and another friend were in Hades' stomach (in Kid Icarus Uprising.) Said friend started water-skiing on piss, fell down and got some in her mouth, and said "THE PISS IS FINE."

...Yeah.

I had a circular dream last night.

It started off in a place like in the Temple of Doom with a bunch of people worshipping some deity or other in a cave full of lava and fire. On the floor you could make out what looked like a skeleton and a couple of lines like an arrow head poiting "down" or "south" (i.e. if you were looking at the skeleton in such a way that the skull was the right way up, the lines would be "pointing" at you.

The dream went really quickly, hundreds of years went past and people started realising that sacrificing people in fire wasn't very nice so they stopped doing that. Eventually I was there, and I think I was the 3rd Doctor for some reason. I convinced them all to abandon the cave altogether, but the cave started collapsing and they blamed me. They ran out of the cave and got on a boat that was outside and didn't let me on. I tried to get them to let me on but eventually I settled with just telling them something. So I raised my index finger at them as if to say "one minute, just listen" and they turned their boat to get a better listen. Something happened. Not sure what, but it lead to the boat crashing in front of me, and my jumping into the boat and dying. Then the cave completely collapsed and the water that the boat was on evaporated and got turned into more lava. Hundreds more years went past and the place where the boat was got buried and turned into a cave.

It turns out that the skeleton was mine all along, and the two lines that were like the point of an arrow was the front of the boat. What a twist!

I also had a much more interesting and definitely exciting dream about this, where I went into my parents' kitchen and asked if they thought it would be a micro USB and they said "dunno, probably" and that was the end.

In my dream last night, the Earth was at war with alien invaders, and it was also in a universe where everyone had a weak amount of bending/alchemy powers. The Earth was slowly dying, and much of the ecosystems had been turned into empty wastelands. I was in a refugee settlement in The Northern Desert, and had been hiding from the strange creatures of the night inside the ruins of an ancient civilization. My friends and I decided that it was imperative we go find Earth's "Life Gate" before the Earth goes extinct. As we left the settlement, huge black monoliths rose out of the ground all around us. Each of these monoliths had a single large eye on them, and although they could not move, shadows began to spread out of the base of each monolith. We weaved around them and continued running north. As we got further north, I could feel that my bending powers were growing much stronger. I could now bend wax (I'm not sure why waxbending was particularly interesting or useful in my dream but I did make a pretty big deal about it). Also, my physical strength was growing as I got nearer to the Life Gate. Eventually, we reached a glowing blue circle with a holographic representation of the Earth floating above it. Together, we placed our hands on the circle and tried to heal the Earth's life energy. In doing this, the Earth gave us a vision of the truth: the Sun's life force was also in danger because the alien invaders were trying to warp it out of our solar system. Where they had come from, their sun was on the brink of extinction, and their entire civilization was about to be annihilated. However, unbeknownst to the aliens, the process of warping would kill the sun. After we sent this message to the Earth's commander, he made a deal with the aliens. They were allowed to warp their planet into our solar system, and share the sun with us, as long as the fighting ended. With both Earth and the alien home planet orbiting the Sun, the war ended and we were finally at peace.

A little while ago, I woke up, and my mom was yelling at me to get ready for school. Then I woke up, and my mom was yelling at me to get ready for school. Then I woke up and it was 6 AM. It was a weird dream.

A little while ago, I woke up, and my mom was yelling at me to get ready for school. Then I woke up, and my mom was yelling at me to get ready for school. Then I woke up and it was 6 AM. It was a weird dream.

I have had numerous dreams about getting up and eating breakfast and pretty much thinking to myself "I don't need to get up yet, I'm already on the way to school!"

I had the strangest dream in the world last night, seeing as it involves TCoD to an extent I'll post it here:

The whole thing was drawn in what appeared to be an anime style, it wasn't in a "movie" format like most dreams seeing as it was more like a first-person shooter in anime style. It started off with me walking down a street in some small european looking city, suddenly out of fucking nowhere a flying muscle car from Half-Life 2: Episode Two drops down from the sky and lands right in front of me. The window of the car door opens revealing some middle-aged light brown haired girl wearing glasses and some guy in a hoodie wearing a charizard helmet to be driving the car, the girl asks me to find her lost cat that escaped from her apartment in the city, seeing as I love cats I have no choice but to accept. The car then flies off back into the sky.

I suddenly get a message on my HUD stating "QUEST ADDED: The Quest For the Cats." in bold green text similar to Fallout 3, I quickly realize that I have a pip-boy and open it, I fast travel to where the quest's goal is located... which is apparantly the Citadel from Half-Life 2, arriving in the Citadel and solving various jumping puzzles to get inside I'm confronted by several zombified Marowak, equiping my SPAS-12 shotgun I brutally murder each of the Pokemon and begin to head to the top. Somewhere in the middle of the giant metal tower I see a large Scyther mech, so me feeling like a badass I quickly steal it and start blasting my way through hordes of the cast of Team-Fortress 2 for some reason.

Several levels later I arrive at the final floor of the Citadel and I prepare to fight what I presume to be the final boss of the dream, revealed to be Dr. Breen from Half-Life 2 with a giant head that throws computer monitors at you while screaming. Breen quickly destroys my mecha scyther and is about to kill me, until a shiny Charizard being flown by Charizard-guy from earlier appears and burns the boss to death. Me and Charizard-guy brofist as we grab the cat and initiate the Citadel's self-destruct sequence... flying out at the last second before the tower explodes and randomly disappears. We fly back to the city and land in some kind of apartment building and meet the girl from earlier, we exchange our thanks and I get a message on my HUD stating "QUEST COMPLETE", I ask what the girl's name is and she says "Oh yeah, It's Butterfr-" and she gets cut off as the dream ends and I wake up asking myself "What the fuck just happened?".

So there's the story of how I rescued Butterfree's cat from Dr. Breen's Zombified Pokemon and the Team-Fortress 2 mercs while piloting a Scyther mech.

Last edited:
I just had a look through the text file where I write dreams that I remember and I found one from May 2012:

"The 10th and 11th Doctor were visiting each other and Rose came back from the other universe again"

...Did I dream the 50th anniversary episode?

I recently had a dream with a story.
So, there is this man sitting in a room near a glass door that an ape is locked behind. A kid comes in, talking about how nice Mom is, but the man doesn't care. He seems angry. After the kid leaves, the man opens the glass door and the ape starts strangling him. A weird looping zoom-out shows that while the man has been keeping the ape imprisoned behind the glass door, it is also imprisoning him.
Later, the man comes to a family party and starts singing his life story. Apparently he used to be a lawyer and got divorced. He lost his job because of the devil. The devil also caused him to leave his current wife. And as if it wasn't enough, he says that his lover was the devil.
At the end of the dream, someone asked me if I knew who the devil was. I said: "Alcohol?" And then, because I wasn't sure, "The ape?" And the asker replied: "It's the same." Apparently the ape was an allegory.

I have a lot of dreams but I suppose I'll post here when it's relevant.

I had a dream that Dazel made a thread but it was closed by uv because there was a link that was considered advertising and I was all "but the thread as a while is about a video game, why not just edit out the advertising and let us talk about the video game?" but I didn't get to complain because Jessie and Meowth distracted me.

A few nights ago, i dreamt rarity, pinkie pie, rainbow dash, and fluttershy all lived at my house, or something XD And they were gonna get me a pet fish

So I had a dream in which I was going to Heaven I suppose... It started with me flying in the sky, but later I switched to swinging on invisible ropes. Then I reached the door...

and behind it was just another segment of the path: a cloud bridge with spikes in some places. There were some more people there. After some walking and spike avoiding, one guy said:
"What's Izanami doing here?"

(I understood that as a "this is actually Hell" twist, since my dream mind got Hell mixed up with the Japanese underworld because of the Persona LPs i'd been watching.)

The other day I dreamt that I went to visit Music Dragon and he made me play all these old N64 games that were apparently an integral part of his childhood and they were all so terrible but I didn't have the heart to say anything.

The other day before that I dreamt that scientists had managed to breed grapes on the cob.

I keep having dreams that my teeth fall out. I had dreams like that a lot in the past, but they're happening really often recently and it's weird.

I keep having dreams that my teeth fall out. I had dreams like that a lot in the past, but they're happening really often recently and it's weird.

I used to have these a lot too, but they kind of died out. From what I've heard, those kinda dreams are surprisingly common (and at least in my case, SUPER PAINFUL). I dread the night my subconscious decides to bring 'em back.

I used to have these a lot too, but they kind of died out. From what I've heard, those kinda dreams are surprisingly common (and at least in my case, SUPER PAINFUL). I dread the night my subconscious decides to bring 'em back.
Wait, can you feel pain in your dreams, or...?

Wait, can you feel pain in your dreams, or...?

Yeah, dunno how common *that* is but I definitely can. The teeth dreams are probably the most painful I've had but I also remember some weird jellyfish/octopus hybrid burning my foot once. Not very nice :I

Back
Top Bottom